F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Active Dynamic Fault Warning

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017 | 08:24 AM
|
Default Active Dynamic Fault Warning

I took delivery of my F Type R 2 days ago. After driving for about 20 minutes I get an "Active Dynamic Fault" critical warning in the message center. If the car is in active dynamic mode it switches to normal mode. Even if the car is not in active dynamic mode I still get the warning. If I turn the car off the warning goes away and I can place it in Active Dynamic immediately upon restart. Likely needs to go to the dealer unless I'm missing something. Any thoughts?

Old 10-11-2017 | 09:34 AM
Veteran Member

Mine did that for two days, after which the problem disappeared as mysteriously as it appeared.

The dealer can hopefully get a diagnostic code. Since the car is two days old, I'd take it there immediately (with a call first, of course) and see if they can read something. I already had an appointment for routine service a few days later, and needed to reset things before taking it in, so in my case there was nothing there to read.

Old 10-11-2017 | 10:04 AM
Veteran Member

Mine has done it twice......both times were due to a weak battery. reset the system by disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds and put it on a battery tender and I bet it goes away - these cars are very sensitive to weak batteries and the high load and weird charging logic exacerbates the problem.

.....OTOH, if the car is 2 days old, let the dealer check it out....at least it will be documented.

Dave