F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Active Exhaust button or Fuse 43?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2021, 08:22 PM
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Does the 2021 F type R use fuse #15 to leave the exhaust valves open, as well? I can't speak for a '19 or '20 model, but this 2021 is not near as "loud" as my '18 model, and I did like that sound...gave the car an attitude! If it does have this same #15 fuse, I'm going to try that out, immediately, if I can find where fuse #15 is located! Now, if you could find a fuse that disables the ECO mode where the engine shuts off when you come to a full stop, that would be great. I know it's easy to disable it when you start the car by pushing a button, but it's a PIA when I forget to do it.
Thanks for any response on fuse #15 for a 2021.........

Old 08-15-2021, 09:39 PM
Received 440 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by tzoid9
Now, if you could find a fuse that disables the ECO mode where the engine shuts off when you come to a full stop, that would be great. I know it's easy to disable it when you start the car by pushing a button, but it's a PIA when I forget to do it.
If you've got a vert, look at the smartTOP module by mods4cars. It makes the roof a whole lot better, but can also take care of that pesky ECO button for you too.

Old 08-16-2021, 04:29 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Does the 2021 F type R use fuse #15 to leave the exhaust valves open, as well? I can't speak for a '19 or '20 model, but this 2021 is not near as "loud" as my '18 model, and I did like that sound...gave the car an attitude! If it does have this same #15 fuse, I'm going to try that out, immediately, if I can find where fuse #15 is located!
In my MY18 fuse 15 is in the left side (viewed from the driver's seat) engine compartment fuse box. I don't think there's a fuse to disable stop/start but there are threads around that show how to disable it.

Old 08-24-2021, 04:28 AM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Just Pulled out the Fuse n.15 in my 2021 F-type, It sounds great, do you think this may affect engine torque at low rpm?

Old 08-24-2021, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by spegor
Just Pulled out the Fuse n.15 in my 2021 F-type, It sounds great, do you think this may affect engine torque at low rpm?
No way, no how. That fuse just electronically operates the device that can open and close the exhaust valves which are inches before the end of your tail pipe...if you look inside the tailpipes with a flashlight, you will see the butterfly valve that opens and closes. This is clearly an "aggressive" sound issue and possibly a slight performance increase (very slight, if any) because of a freer flowing exhaust system. It certainly gives the R model the attitude that this R model deserves...see the other thread on this subject, it's getting rave reviews!

Old 08-25-2021, 06:27 AM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

No way, no how. That fuse just electronically operates the device that can open and close the exhaust valves which are inches before the end of your tail pipe...if you look inside the tailpipes with a flashlight, you will see the butterfly valve that opens and closes. This is clearly an "aggressive" sound issue and possibly a slight performance increase (very slight, if any) because of a freer flowing exhaust system. It certainly gives the R model the attitude that this R model deserves...see the other thread on this subject, it's getting rave reviews!
Ok thanks, This is the valve at the end of the pipe, so no mechanical parts compromised
Exhaust valve on the external pipes

Old 03-03-2022, 05:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone tell me if there is a FUSE you can remove to do this on a Jaguar F-Pace SVR? I have searched everywhere, but can't find anything. I can't even find an owner's manual for the SVR F-Pace, only standard car?

Old 03-03-2022, 02:35 PM
Received 94 Likes on 52 Posts

What model year F-Pace SVR? Not sure if it matters, but it might.

Old 03-03-2022, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by KalamazooJag
2021/22

Old 03-03-2022, 03:43 PM
Received 94 Likes on 52 Posts

Hmm, I do not see a fuse labeled "Active exhaust" in any of the fuse boxes for the F-Pace, There is a distinct fuse for it in the F-Types. Maybe try posting in the F-Pace forum.

Old 03-03-2022, 07:46 PM

I can't speak for the F Pace SVR model, but it has become commonplace for car manufacturers to produce only one owner's manual for each full model, in your case the F Pace. Then, in that manual, they will list different pages where there are significant model type differences...that's the way the manual is for my '21 F Type R. All the F type models are in the same manual. If you have the actual manual, double check the pages showing the fuse box(s) layout...I would think there would be several different pictures of each of the models fuse boxes. If you don't have a manual, you can easily get the entire manual in a PDF file on the web. I have the manual, but most often just look at the PDF file which I copied to my hard drive, I find it easier. I'd have to believe there's one in the information for that vehicle.

Old 03-05-2022, 12:49 PM
Received 89 Likes on 51 Posts

This may be an unpopular opinion, but ... It hardly seems like a respectful thing to do to make the car louder at all times just to avoid having to press the button when you want the growl. There are times, like when I'm in a quiet neighborhoods or when folks are sleeping, when the last thing I want to do is be louder. I look at it as respect for others, and not contributing to creating a bad image for our community. My two cents. Anyone else see it this way?

The following 5 users liked this post by Michael211:
OlyFtype (06-10-2022), Phantomf4collector (03-06-2022), Spacefan (09-18-2023), stirlingsilver (09-18-2023), Valerie Stabenow (06-02-2024)
Old 03-05-2022, 01:40 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

For some of us, it’s a case of not having the button - active exhaust vs. switchable active exhaust. And in my case, I didn’t like having it loud all the time, so I installed the wireless relay, which pretty much makes it switchable active exhaust. With F43 pulled, I found myself being very careful when driving locally, so the exhaust wouldn’t erupt.

Old 03-05-2022, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by KalamazooJag

Old 03-05-2022, 07:15 PM
Received 89 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Switchable

Originally Posted by DJS
For some of us, it’s a case of not having the button - active exhaust vs. switchable active exhaust. And in my case, I didn’t like having it loud all the time, so I installed the wireless relay, which pretty much makes it switchable active exhaust. With F43 pulled, I found myself being very careful when driving locally, so the exhaust wouldn’t erupt.
That makes perfect sense to me. I failed to understand that some cars did not have the "switchable" button like mine does. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Old 03-05-2022, 08:52 PM
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Question:

Pulling the 15 Fuse will open the valves 100%, but ...will this only make the exhaust louder? Or still it also provide more pops and burbles?

Edit: 2022 P450....*not* an R

Old 03-05-2022, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Michael211
This may be an unpopular opinion, but ... It hardly seems like a respectful thing to do to make the car louder at all times just to avoid having to press the button when you want the growl. There are times, like when I'm in a quiet neighborhoods or when folks are sleeping, when the last thing I want to do is be louder. I look at it as respect for others, and not contributing to creating a bad image for our community. My two cents. Anyone else see it this way?
Michael...everyone has an opinion, I get that, but for me (and many others, I'll bet) the amount of extra "noise" is still below many other cars' factory exhaust systems. Just get near a Maserati sometime when they are starting it up or running down a suburban street at 25-30 MPH. I only wish my F type R with the fuse pulled, sounded like that! Many American cars are louder out of the factory, many of which can be easily beat in a drag race by the R model....5.0 Mustang, 392 Chargers and Challengers, etc., with much louder factory exhaust systems. My point simply is, pulling that fuse and leaving the baffles open delivers the kind of sound these late model F types deserve to have, at least IMO. I've driven out of my development early in the morning many times and none of my neighbors have evert complained.

The following 3 users liked this post by tzoid9:
pbfoot (09-13-2022), Spacefan (09-18-2023), spegor (03-06-2022)
Old 06-08-2023, 09:18 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Shoutout to @Jag Bass I did this exact install yesterday thanks to your detailed post.

One small change I made was using the NO/Normally Open post on the eMylo receiver instead of the NC/Normally Closed post so that the mod defaults to disconnected/loud upon losing power after car shutdown. I prefer to have the exhaust loud/fuse pulled most of the time except when I'm on long highway drives and need to be able to hear my music or podcasts.

Quick question. Do you remember anything specific about getting the eMylo remote to pair with a Homelink memory setting? I followed the Jag instructions as well as the Homelink brand instructions but can't get it to program. I have a 2017 and I read online that 2018 cars got a newer version of Homelink that works with more devices. What year is your car? I'm planning to do a frameless mirror swap at some point and that newer mirror will have the newer version of homelink so maybe this issue will go away eventually. Either way the remote works fine for the moment.

Thanks again

Old 06-08-2023, 10:06 AM
Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by KimboSlice
Shoutout to @Jag Bass I did this exact install yesterday thanks to your detailed post.

One small change I made was using the NO/Normally Open post on the eMylo receiver instead of the NC/Normally Closed post so that the mod defaults to disconnected/loud upon losing power after car shutdown. I prefer to have the exhaust loud/fuse pulled most of the time except when I'm on long highway drives and need to be able to hear my music or podcasts.

Quick question. Do you remember anything specific about getting the eMylo remote to pair with a Homelink memory setting? I followed the Jag instructions as well as the Homelink brand instructions but can't get it to program. I have a 2017 and I read online that 2018 cars got a newer version of Homelink that works with more devices. What year is your car? I'm planning to do a frameless mirror swap at some point and that newer mirror will have the newer version of homelink so maybe this issue will go away eventually. Either way the remote works fine for the moment.

Thanks again
Mine is a 20R and programming was a snap, just followed manual Not sure if they changed anything for my year but the freq of the remote was the same as the most door openers.

Old 09-17-2023, 09:16 PM

I have re-created your "Claws Out" gizmo as it was exactly what I was wanting for my 2021 FTR. It is not working and have reached the end of my limited skill set for troubleshooting. I hope you can make some suggestions as to how I should proceed. Here is what I know, and photos are attached. Thanks in advance.

1. Reproduced your design using same parts and following what your photos show.
2. At eMylo I get a green light with engine on, and a dim flicker of red when "B" pressed on fob. Also hear a click each time. Fob shows red on press.
3. With engine running, exhaust is quiet no matter how I press fob "B".
4. With engine running I get switching open/closed switching on my ohmeter at the eMylo "B" output terminals.

​​​​​​​

Quick Reply: Active Exhaust button or Fuse 43?