Adding an extra heat exchanger

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2024, 01:24 PM
Received 167 Likes on 82 Posts

My project arrived today

The following users liked this post:
Old 05-31-2024, 01:52 PM
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm glad to see someone else has this mod in mind. FI Interchillers does great work. Can we look forward to an install guide of sorts? I'm getting their stage 2 kit when I get mine as well as the CWA400 pump and custom fluid reservoir and some other odds and ends. I have seen them get negative degree IATs with the setup on a bunch of different cars, it's truly remarkable. Looking forward to your results!

Old 05-31-2024, 03:24 PM

Yes I had considered the stage 2 but that is primarily for 1/4 mile guys and yes it does achieve outstanding temps
Lucky for me it was 20% off just before I purchased the kit big 😊
Sorting a location for a reservoir may be trickier though

Old 05-31-2024, 07:10 PM
Received 377 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Gasman2
Yes I had considered the stage 2 but that is primarily for 1/4 mile guys and yes it does achieve outstanding temps
Lucky for me it was 20% off just before I purchased the kit big 😊
Sorting a location for a reservoir may be trickier though
Following this thread.... looking forward to seeing updates.

Old 06-04-2024, 09:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

My project arrived today
With this kit are you eliminating the charge cooler radiator? If you run the coolant back thru the radiator you are actually heating it. When I ran a Killer Chiller they had me eliminate them & replace with an inline tank. This greatly increased the volume of coolant as well. With this setup I ran 2 stock pumps. Just offering my 2 cents from past experience. Best of luck with the install & PLEASE take lots of pictures.

Old 06-06-2024, 12:27 AM

I am planning to exit the charge cooler so water at its coolest then into the chiller and out to the pump
Don't understand why eliminating the charge cooler was needed

Old 06-06-2024, 06:38 AM
Veteran Member

I am planning to exit the charge cooler so water at its coolest then into the chiller and out to the pump
Don't understand why eliminating the charge cooler was needed
You are actually heating the coolant running in thru the intercooler.

Old 06-06-2024, 07:17 AM

Just ordered the stage 2 so the full monty

Old 06-06-2024, 08:29 AM
Veteran Member

Just ordered the stage 2 so the full monty
Here is a link to an old post of mine showing how well this work as well as a few installation photos. Please take lots of photos for us to see. I am actually interested in installing the kit. I just don't want to be the first one this time.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ll-xjr-106122/

Old 06-06-2024, 03:14 PM
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I will be installing the stage 2 kit and all the mentioned parts below, and probably more, about this time next year. I will definitely be making an in depth guide of my install when the time comes, but I would definitely donate some money for a very comprehensive guide to get things started @Gasman2 if that be your thing.

From the ridiculous amount of research I have done on the Interchiller it seems the best results are:
Stage 2 package, Stage 1 might not cut it because of the location of the AC Compressor on the Jags. Kirk from Interchiller can answer this. The Gen2 CTS-V guys also have this issue.

An under hood aluminum foam insulated reservoir 3-5 gal preferably baffled to minimize mixing fluid returning from the supercharger with the stored cold fluid. I will be exploring this option when I do my install, but I can tell it's going to be a painful challenge. Trunk mount works, but you lose a lot of cooling due to distance and latent heat.

CWA400 coolant pump. The faster you can move the fluid yields the best results.

Heat exchanger delete for power cruise. daily driving or drag racing. Keep the heat exchanger and install a bypass loop for circuit or road racing. Even though I don't plan on anything more than drag racing the car, I like the idea of keeping the heat exchanger and bypassing it when I need to. This will depend on front end real estate.

Stainless steel braided AN lines wherever possible for the coolant circuit. I plan on converting the supercharger coolant lines to accommodate for AN fittings. Another painful challenge.

Wrapping all line end with whatever the sticky black tape is called...HDPE tape maybe? This will prevent condensation for drag strip use. Water on the ground at the track outside the water-box makes everyone just a little cranky.
At the compressor fitting for the suction line...get as close to the fitting as possible when splicing into the line to increase vacuum for the Interchiller AC line.

At quick glance in my XF it looks like there is a pretty ideal place to splice into the high side line under the airbox/fender for the race solenoid. Not sure about the F-Type.

Optional things if you are a masochist like me:
Temperature gauge to keep an eye on fluid temperatures.
Blower spacers if possible. This will further reduce latent heat issues.
Thermal blanket to wrap belly of supercharger to reject latent heat.
Custom tubular crash bar for easier mounting and space for retaining heat exchanger.

JgaXkr (06-06-2024)