F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on First Dealer Visit @ 8,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2023, 09:02 AM
Received 84 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Advice on First Dealer Visit @ 8,000 miles

Flew up to Baltimore week before last to buy 2021 P300 F-Type coupe - first Jaguar ever

6,700 miles on the clock. Drove her home to Florida

Will be my daily driver

Was traded in at the Porsche Dealer so no CPO warranty, however she has 38 months of factory warranty remaining.

Porsche serviced it, changed oil, etc.

I threw in a bottle of SEA FOAM before the drive home and will supplement with BG 44K fuel system cleaner from time to time going forward.

I bought a cabin air filter, but found the current filter to appear to be factory new, so I choose not to change it at this time.

Bringing a box of Dunkin Doughnuts to my first dealer appointment, 7:30 Tuesday morning - about an hours drive.

Car now has 8,000 on the clock

Will do the following at JLR:
  • oil/filter
  • check for/flash applicable (if any) computer update
  • remove previous owner's data and set new PIN
  • set up IN CONTROL app
  • request copy of full service record
I am unaware of any specific issues for the 4 pot gas turbo engine.

The question I have is what else should I have done while at JLR?

THANK YOU !

RWS

Last edited by Thunderjet Racing; 04-23-2023 at 09:07 AM.
Old 04-23-2023, 10:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 588 Likes on 401 Posts

Overall, a good list to start. Confirm with the dealer the "In Service" date to make sure your expected warranty period is correct. Also, make sure you get the car in for the annual service during the warranty period each year. (As I recall, +/- one month to the service date.) When you come up on 3 years (as you could be in a MY21), there's some schedule maintenance - like replacing the brake fluid. But, you're dealer should be aware of the timing and it's covered by the 5-year window.

In theory, if the Porsche dealer changed the oil, it should be fine there. But, I doubt they went out to get the JLR spec oil (unless they're part of a chain that has both brands, like mine does). So, an extra oil change is fine, lest you get into some future issue that JLR fights about.

It's quite likely that the infotainment system has an update available. Major ones may have to be done at the dealer, but the car does support OTA updates after you're set up with INCONTROL. I recommend making updates when you're home and the car can connect to your home WIFI. Your dealer may/may not be adept at setting up INCONTROL, itself, but they can do updates, regardless. You can go ahead and download the app on your phone to be prepared. Map updates for the Nav are available monthly via a computer download and sneaker net to the car. It's not really an item to expect the dealer to handle and easy enough to do yourself after you're set up.

Your local dealer may not be able/willing to give you a service history. If not, check the Carfax to see where the car came from (presumably Baltimore) and you can check directly with dealers there.

The following 2 users liked this post by uncheel:
jcb-memphis (04-23-2023), Thunderjet Racing (04-23-2023)
Old 04-23-2023, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

Congrats! Strange that they had a Porsche dealer service it as it comes with 5 yrs free Jag servicing. So find out where you are with that and get back on the free service chain incl oil change with the right oil

Aside from that as a new car with low miles - drive and enjoy!!

The following users liked this post:
Thunderjet Racing (04-23-2023)