Sponsored by:

Aero/rotor wheel weight

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2021, 07:39 PM
Received 259 Likes on 131 Posts
Default Aero/rotor wheel weight

Happy Holidays

--

Before you shoot: I did a search. Could not find the data: anyone know the weight of the 20" oem "rotor" wheel (in 9 and 10.5")?

This one:

Thanks. Looks very, very heavy....even if super strong I am nervous about the weight.

Again, thank you.

JB

Old 12-28-2021, 04:25 PM

No one...even a good estimated based on a faint memory....supposedly forged.....

Old 12-30-2021, 01:51 PM

Pretty please, anyone know the weight of the 20" forged aero wheels? I cannot find the data anywhere....hoping someone here has that buried in a database (the site could use a wheel database....dimensions, construciton, weight, other issues like easy to clean, out of produciton, where made and by whom...etc.).

I am considering buying them and if over 34lbs or so...not so excited. if say 28 to 32...ok. Not VS forged weights, but these may be much stronger. I don't track and the roads are not so great these days.

Again, thanks.

jb

Old 12-30-2021, 03:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 591 Likes on 407 Posts

I haven't looked (sorry)

But would a site like this help you?

https://www.wheel-size.com/

Old 12-30-2021, 03:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 2,380 Posts

I have scoured the interwebz looking for the info you are after and I can't find a thing.
However, if it helps, I am fairly sure there are weights for the Blade wheels published either on this forum somewhere or on the web (maybe in YouTube vid).
The Blade wheels are similar to the Rotor wheels, they are the same sizes and offsets, they are both "forged" and five spoke and they both have CF inserts that are bolted on, so for those reasons I suspect the Rotor wheels would weigh within a poofteenth of the Blade wheels.
I have Blade wheels and I seem to recall weighing one or two (with tyres on) some time ago but if I did I can't remember if or where I published those weights on this forum, but I can say with certainty they are effing heavy and definitely NOT "lightweight".

Old 12-30-2021, 03:58 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Carbuff2
I haven't looked (sorry)

But would a site like this help you?

https://www.wheel-size.com/
That is one of the dozens of sites I checked and just like all the others it does not show the weights of any wheels.

The following users liked this post:
Carbuff2 (12-30-2021)
Old 12-30-2021, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
That is one of the dozens of sites I checked and just like all the others it does not show the weights of any wheels.
Ditto, but thanks everyone - anyone here with the aero happen to know or remember...just withing a lb or 2....I am not looking for precision at this point.

Old 12-30-2021, 04:13 PM

I have scoured the interwebz looking for the info you are after and I can't find a thing.
However, if it helps, I am fairly sure there are weights for the Blade wheels published either on this forum somewhere or on the web (maybe in YouTube vid).
The Blade wheels are similar to the Rotor wheels, they are the same sizes and offsets, they are both "forged" and five spoke and they both have CF inserts that are bolted on, so for those reasons I suspect the Rotor wheels would weigh within a poofteenth of the Blade wheels.
I have Blade wheels and I seem to recall weighing one or two (with tyres on) some time ago but if I did I can't remember if or where I published those weights on this forum, but I can say with certainty they are effing heavy and definitely NOT "lightweight".
Effing thank you!

The track rat in me wants lighter but strong enough whatever that means. Could be F14's. Could be VSxx's. All good wheels. But if one of those breaks, the former could be weeks and the latter more than weeks to get a new wheel unless they have special "help the chump" programs for people who discover potholes in US roads.

The JLR wheels could likely break the pothole....but if not and they got hurt, there is always eBay and a local repair person for real dollars but it would be quick. Or just the repair person because they are tanks and probably would just be cosmetically wounded but functionally unscathed. That Harry's Garage on the P450 at minute 22:30 said it well...45mph curb hit policy..same as the Defender.....so while they are effing heavy, I am not doing track any more - and as fun goes....not having a wheel break is a lot more fun than having it break.

So I am torn. And these things are not cheap even refurbished....at least to me.

And so I asked for the weight hoping beyond miracles that JLR made a sub 30lb wheel..that is my mental wall on the 9" and 32 on the 10.5"...not sure I can say why if you ask but just to set a line in the sand.

So, "effing" is likely over 30 but to many 29 is effing....it was to me in a prior life. Had 18's on a car that were 17.9lbs running a square awd set up wiht 265 tires and ohlins......you can tell...oem's were effing heavy on that car at 29. F-types are just bigger and badder I guess.

So do I do the "safe" thing and get the OEMs or do I do the evil thing and get the lighter ones (and these cars were sold as evil....not helping). .....he ponders .... Could be a fun conversation to hear your thoughts so I chose to share the above - please share your thoughts and opinions. I could be way off of course on getting a wheel replaced or such, but OEM wheels always seem "to be available".....

Again, thank you all.

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 12-30-2021 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-30-2021, 04:21 PM
Veteran Member

Found the post with the weights of the Blade (and Tornado) wheels: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...2/#post1657792
As I said before I reckon the Rotor wheels will be within a poofteenth of these weights.

Old 12-30-2021, 04:26 PM

Found the post with the weights of the Blade (and Tornado) wheels: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...2/#post1657792
As I said before I reckon the Rotor wheels will be within a poofteenth of these weights.

And the effing gets it by 4 lbs.....

I appreciate your inquiry. I can advise both wheel styles (Blade & Tornado) have the same weight:
  • Front 9.0J x 20 - 15.5kg (34 lbs)
  • Rear 10.5J x 20 - 17.0 kg (37.5 lbs)
If anyone has "real data" on the aero please add it but these number seem like they are reasonable. The Storms were heavier still I think.
Thank you!!

jb

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 12-30-2021 at 05:00 PM.