F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Affordable Flow-Formed Wheels for your F-Type: VelocityAP Partners with APEX

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2020, 07:56 PM
mws
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Stuart, what is the prevailing style preference? I am voting for SM-10s myself, the very same ones on the Aston in the first picture. I'll take the survey, if it still matters. I have ARC-8s on my V10 supercharged M6. Bought them because they were the lightest and least expensive rims for the car. All the track guys use them on their Bimmers. But I want to get away from mesh design and move towards spokes.

Old 09-02-2020, 02:59 PM
Sponsor
Received 852 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by mws
Stuart, what is the prevailing style preference? I am voting for SM-10s myself, the very same ones on the Aston in the first picture. I'll take the survey, if it still matters. I have ARC-8s on my V10 supercharged M6. Bought them because they were the lightest and least expensive rims for the car. All the track guys use them on their Bimmers. But I want to get away from mesh design and move towards spokes.
PS7 was number 1, SM-10 number two (for first choice.)

They were all pretty much equal for second choice.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 09-02-2020, 05:03 PM
Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
PS7 was number 1, SM-10 number two (for first choice.)

They were all pretty much equal for second choice.
I really hope the SM-10 is made available to us!

Old 09-02-2020, 05:59 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by supersportmtl
The biggest challenge is this - until now Apex has not made a 20" wheel. There is specific tooling investment for each diameter and style combination. They are looking at some 20" options for Mustang and Camaro, which would amortize some of the tooling costs so we don't have to bear them all on this project. There's also an MOQ on each style, diameter and they are quite high.

We may not be able to please everyone with the first offerings but we will do our best.

www.velocityap.com

Old 09-02-2020, 09:53 PM
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I might be interested in a near-worthless set of used Tornado wheels once these become available!

Old 09-03-2020, 04:41 PM
mws
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree. For whatever reason, the SM-10s were not available in the sizes or maybe it was the offsets I wanted for my BMW M6, and I still semi-regret getting a mesh-styled Apex rim on that car. For me it's SM-10 or nothing. In my case, there really is no second choice. There was no way to state that on the survey.

Old 10-29-2020, 01:10 PM
Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

The biggest challenge is this - until now Apex has not made a 20" wheel. There is specific tooling investment for each diameter and style combination. They are looking at some 20" options for Mustang and Camaro, which would amortize some of the tooling costs so we don't have to bear them all on this project. There's also an MOQ on each style, diameter and they are quite high.

We may not be able to please everyone with the first offerings but we will do our best.
Friendly Bump, any news? Taking deposits?

Thank you,

Old 10-30-2020, 10:28 AM
Sponsor

Friendly Bump, any news? Taking deposits?

Thank you,
Unfortunately the most recent answer I got from Apex was essentially that their engineering is too busy right now to take this on, they do want to do it but they need to clear off some other work first. I'll be checking in with them towards the end of the year.

www.velocityap.com

Old 01-29-2021, 07:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 981 Likes on 732 Posts

Unfortunately the most recent answer I got from Apex was essentially that their engineering is too busy right now to take this on, they do want to do it but they need to clear off some other work first. I'll be checking in with them towards the end of the year.
Seems like it's time for another bump. I'm not trying to apply any pressure (like that would help) but I'm still interested and am wondering if there is any news. I'm hoping my tires last long enough that I don't have to replace them before new wheels are available. That's been made easier by COVID-19, but I still may not make it.

Old 02-01-2021, 11:04 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by lizzardo
Seems like it's time for another bump. I'm not trying to apply any pressure (like that would help) but I'm still interested and am wondering if there is any news. I'm hoping my tires last long enough that I don't have to replace them before new wheels are available. That's been made easier by COVID-19, but I still may not make it.
At the moment, nothing whatsoever is happening. Apex did not seem very interested in pursuing this, based on their volume of other projects & orders, I suspect Covid has produced an even bigger backlog.

www.velocityap.com

Old 02-01-2021, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 981 Likes on 732 Posts

At the moment, nothing whatsoever is happening. Apex did not seem very interested in pursuing this, based on their volume of other projects & orders, I suspect Covid has produced an even bigger backlog.
Thanks for the update, Stuart. I'm disappointed but not surprised. The pandemic has put everything on its ear. I've been driving so little I've only refueled nine times in the last year. Previously, it was every ten days. I'm keeping an eye on the rear tires (they're older than the fronts). That's not to say I'm being easy on them; just watching them.

Old 02-23-2021, 09:01 PM
Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Bummer.

Old 09-02-2022, 01:38 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Checking to see if there are any updates on this.

I'm currently shopping for lighter wheels for my 2021 R. Apex PS7s would be perfect!

Old 09-06-2022, 11:28 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by ToysARs
Checking to see if there are any updates on this.

I'm currently shopping for lighter wheels for my 2021 R. Apex PS7s would be perfect!
Unfortunately, Apex lost interest in the project.

www.velocityap.com

Old 03-01-2023, 09:27 AM
Sponsor

Hello All. Bit of a resurrection here and I'm looking for some input on offsets. We are trying to get this project back underway again, and looking to also allow SKUs to work across other JLR platforms. We were initially looking at fitments that were externally the same as running 16mm spacers front & rear (16mm closer to the fender.) However, the front wheel for the FType we would also like to serve as the rear on a couple other applications and on those, the same ET would be +21mm.

So, question is - how would everyone feel about a +10mm front and +16mm rear. Just a touch of stagger? Might actually help keep the tail in line.

www.velocityap.com

Old 03-01-2023, 11:55 AM

Thank you for reviving this. I have inquired about this before and very much interested. My goal would be to have offsets that would achieve equal flushness in the center of the front and the rear wheels (considering fronts would have more negative camber) with respect to the body.

Old 03-01-2023, 12:36 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by ToysARs
Thank you for reviving this. I have inquired about this before and very much interested. My goal would be to have offsets that would achieve equal flushness in the center of the front and the rear wheels (considering fronts would have more negative camber) with respect to the body.
So, if we offered a +10, +16 versus +16 front and rear and that was the only option, would that stop you from buying if you otherwise liked the price & spec of the offerings?

www.velocityap.com

Old 03-01-2023, 01:24 PM
Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

I'm interested in a set of 20's that can clear CCBs. I think I have 15mm spacers front and rear now (bought the car with them). My understanding is the CCB wheels are different offset than the rest of the Ftype lineup.

Old 03-01-2023, 01:43 PM

So, if we offered a +10, +16 versus +16 front and rear and that was the only option, would that stop you from buying if you otherwise liked the price & spec of the offerings?
I personally would not want fronts to be more tucked in than the rears especially if you consider the the fact that the added negative camber in the front would emphasize the "tucked-innes" even more. Just my 2 cents

Old 03-01-2023, 02:00 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by mcphill
I'm interested in a set of 20's that can clear CCBs. I think I have 15mm spacers front and rear now (bought the car with them). My understanding is the CCB wheels are different offset than the rest of the Ftype lineup.
Thanks for the feedback!

www.velocityap.com

Quick Reply: Affordable Flow-Formed Wheels for your F-Type: VelocityAP Partners with APEX