F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All-Season Tire Recommendations for F-Type?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 09:09 AM
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by SVR 575
My DD is a CT6 and I have MichelinPilot Sport A/S 3's, I drive the car hard daily in a suburban/city commute. Awesome rain tire, great traction in snow, responsive handling on dry pavement. High performing tires are very important to me

I don’t know if the A3’s have the correct sizes for the F type, but I do know the Corvette faithful absolutely loved this all season tire. When I do need new tires, these will be the ones!

Old 08-10-2021, 09:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 360 Likes on 257 Posts

Michelin has introduced AS4's that fit F-Types and presumably supercede AS3's.
The 20 inch rears were available previously and the 20 inch fronts were just released a few weeks ago.
I would expect that the AS4's are better than AS3's.
I also think Michelin are transitioning tire sizes from 3's to 4's, so any remaining 3's are either sizes not converted to 4's or old stock.

Last edited by CJSJAG; 08-10-2021 at 09:58 AM. Reason: more info
Old 08-10-2021, 10:01 AM
Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by CJSJAG
Michelin has introduced AS4's that fit F-Types and presumably supercede AS3's.
The 20 inch rears were available previously and the 20 inch fronts were just released a few weeks ago.
I would expect that the AS4's are better than AS3's.
I also think Michelin are transitioning tire sizes from 3's to 4's, so any remaining 3's are either sizes not converted to 4's or old stock.
As I mentioned, my other cars in the recent past were shoed with Michelin Pilot Sport 3's, now that the 4 is available I am sorely tempted to install them on my new to me F-Type R. The issue I'm having is tossing away brand new Kuhomo's that the prior owner recently installed at 14k miles. If I could snap my fingers and have the PS 4's on the F-Type I'd do it, but I do hate seeing new tires wasted. Does anyone have an Kuhomo experience that would warrant me pitching them for the Michelins.

Last edited by TX69XKE; 08-10-2021 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-20-2021, 03:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently bought Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position, and they are quiet and provide great handling.

Old 08-20-2021, 07:12 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by TX69XKE
As I mentioned, my other cars in the recent past were shoed with Michelin Pilot Sport 3's, now that the 4 is available I am sorely tempted to install them on my new to me F-Type R. The issue I'm having is tossing away brand new Kuhomo's that the prior owner recently installed at 14k miles. If I could snap my fingers and have the PS 4's on the F-Type I'd do it, but I do hate seeing new tires wasted. Does anyone have an Kuhomo experience that would warrant me pitching them for the Michelins.
I have Kumho Ecsta and I really don't like them. I'll be ditching them when they wear out. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with other brands on the F Type, but to me the Kumho are noisy and the traction isn't that great wet or dry.

Old 08-20-2021, 07:47 AM
Received 98 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by JacksonvilleJag
I have Kumho Ecsta and I really don't like them. I'll be ditching them when they wear out. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with other brands on the F Type, but to me the Kumho are noisy and the traction isn't that great wet or dry.
The rear tire on my CanAm F3 is a Kumho Ecsta, while it's light years better than the stock Kenda tire I can see how it might not be the best on a car.

Old 08-20-2021, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by JacksonvilleJag
Which Ecsta? That's the name of their performance line, but there are multiple models of Ecsta's (including race/competition models).

Old 08-20-2021, 12:05 PM
Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

I think my next replacement tires are named: "On Sale..."

The following 2 users liked this post by NavyBlue:
Carbuff2 (08-21-2021), Nodnarb (08-20-2021)
Old 08-20-2021, 12:07 PM
Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mahjik;[url=tel:2430586
2430586[/url]]Which Ecsta? That's the name of their performance line, but there are multiple models of Ecsta's (including race/competition models).

Old 08-20-2021, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by TX69XKE
Ecsta PS91 tire photo
Kumho's are usually on the loud side for tires. They are typically more performance oriented but not "all the way" performance oriented. I've had the V720's for the last 3 years and used them for some laps around tracks (including in the wet). They are a grippy tire but they do not take low temperatures at all. Anything below around 55F, I would not recommend at all.

The following users liked this post:
TX69XKE (08-20-2021)
Old 10-10-2021, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

really appreciate your information.
I'm getting pricing on all three, but I think I want the Michelin
In central California, I don't need winter/summer tires.

Thank you

Old 10-11-2021, 06:41 AM
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

I don’t know if they make them in f type sizes but I’m really liking the Michelin crossclimate2 tires for my daily suv. Wow. Can’t wait to try these in the snow

Old 10-12-2021, 01:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts

Originally Posted by jetsetter883
Hi all,

I recently picked up a beautiful 2018 F-Type R-Dynamic as my daily driver and have been in a bit of a bind regarding what to do about tires. The F-Type came with the factory Pirelli P-Zeros which I understand are summer tires however am thinking I might like to go with All Seasons as opposed to rotating back and forth between seasonal tires, not least since I don’t currently have the extra space to store them, even though I may be able to find it if absolutely necessary.

For some background I do mostly city driving here in New Jersey (Northeast US) as we only get a small handful of snowy days each year. In general about 90% of days are dry and the rest some form of drivable wet weather. The last few years I think there were only about three or four days which were particularly terrible for driving.

Based upon some preliminary research it seems that many are fond of the Continental DWS 06 and the Michelin Sport 4S for all season options but being a bit of a tire newb I’m still trying to figure out what else is out there and what some of you guys or gals may prefer.

Appreciate any recommendations!
Presumably the OP has already made his purchase of all season tires (?) so I might be late to this party. Eh, thread. Not sure why I didn’t chime in before and provide a plug for Continental ExtremeContactDWS 06’s. I have the previous model tire on 2 of my 4 cars—the other two also have Continental—and as I’ve said before in any of the countless tire threads on this forum; they perform brilliantly for me in sorts of weather conditions. Including Maine winters (and never take them off). And, as anyone who knows me will tell you, I ain’t Captain Slow.

I also don’t work for Continental Tire, merely an extremely satisfied customer. (Full disclosure: Continental Tire does sponsor my events and has supplied “my” group with commemorative t-shirts since 2016. But that’s only because I was an extremely satisfied customer before I started hosting these annual, invitation only, events).

Last edited by RickyJay52; 10-12-2021 at 01:19 AM.
Sparky H (04-18-2023)
Old 10-13-2021, 07:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

I replaced the P Zeros with Continental DWS06 Plus in the summer on my SVR. So far am very pleased with them

Old 10-13-2021, 09:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 984 Likes on 565 Posts

After ditching the awful P Zero Death Tires, I put a set of NITTO MOTIVOs on my F-Type R. They have been very good tires. Good grip quiet, good price and long treadwear. They are classified as Ultra High Performance all season...So also grip in cold.

Another option in the mix.

DC

The following 2 users liked this post by Therock88:
Carbuff2 (10-14-2021), jetsetter883 (04-10-2022)
Old 04-10-2022, 04:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What about 20" tires that are more touring/smooth riding then performance? A little worried about the ultra low profile with the 20" wheels.

Old 04-10-2022, 09:40 PM
Received 255 Likes on 130 Posts

20" OEM forged wheels on my car:

265/35/20 in front.

305/30/20 in rear

Continental DWS06PLUS. The PLUS is key...way stiffer sidewalls. Great grip. Great durability. Quiet *Michelins are noisy." And really good in snow.

They are very high performance and would be a summer tire of perhaps 4 years ago in terms of feel...they are amazing. Also many pounds lighter than Michelin or Bridgestone....weight matters in an unsprung, rotating location a lot.

Wear has been very good.

Actually can be a lot cheaper than Mich and Bridgestone too.

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 04-10-2022 at 09:44 PM.
Simonusa0 (04-17-2023)
Old 04-10-2022, 10:23 PM
Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

I've had a lot of experience with performance Pirellis, Michelins, and Continentals and can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that both the Michelins and Continentals are MANY times better than any Pirelli tire I have tried. I personally think the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4's are the best I have tried, but the Continental DWS 06 Plus tires are a close second for all-season tires. The main reason I prefer the Michelins is for two reasons, one is that in dry traction the Michelins grip better. The Continentals I felt were a tad better in the wet. Most of my "spirited" driving is on dry days. The second reason are the looks. If you take the Continental and Michelin in the same size and put them on the same wheel the Michelin looks bigger as it has a more squared or pronounced edge where the tread meets the sidewall. The Continentals are more rounded in this area. The Michelins look bigger despite being the same size IMO. Also you can buy the Michelins with their fancy sidewall that is textured and maintains a more black look between washing. I run Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4's on my factory SVR 20" wheels in the fall and winter and the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S summer tires on 21" 3-piece forged wheels in the spring and summer. Long story short, you can't go wrong with either tire as they are both excellent. I personally never noticed one being louder in regards to road noise than the other.

Old 04-16-2022, 07:49 AM
Received 255 Likes on 130 Posts

Had the Michelin AS 3+ and the noise on those at 10k miles was not good.....snow was not great. Dry was great ....summer tire that could take rain and cooler temps is my conclusion and in a pinch, get you home in light snow.

The DWS06 (not plus) was great but too soft on the sidewalls so in the drive the michelin was the way to go.

Conti listened and came out with the dws06plus....the rubber is better in snow (chemistry), the tread pattern and sidewall made the tire much stiffer, but the ride quality is still good...no drone on bad pavement. The Michelins droned like mad around here.

So I got the continentals and am quite happy...they now handle 97% as well as the Michelins but in wet are 50% better, in snow are 80% better and in noise are 100% better or more (no noise...).

And the conti's were cheaper.

What I did to keep the looks was go 265/305 on the conti's. The Mich AS4 doesn't come in that size unless you go runflat (heavy) so you get the 245/295 stock size which with the squarer tire shape looks like the conti at 265/305 (if you care about looks). The wider conti's to me are the sweet spot overall. '

4k miles since...no issue. Almost no wear. And still quite black. The michelins are the brand where the rubber turns weird grey over time. The conti rubber stays better looking longer (at least to me).

The following 2 users liked this post by jcb-memphis:
Carbuff2 (04-16-2022), Simonusa0 (04-17-2023)
Old 04-16-2022, 08:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a resounding YES on the dws06plus. Now I just have to find my car. Thanks all.

Quick Reply: All-Season Tire Recommendations for F-Type?