F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

almost good bye

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2018 | 06:51 AM
|

Originally Posted by ndabunka
Which Mannheim is it and what color & I can try to see what it sells for via Mannheim MMR

Adcock brothers- 2016 ftyoe r awd white

https://adcockbros.com/listings/2016-jaguar-f-type-awd/

Old 05-06-2018 | 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by DPelletier
Thats what I was thinking too; I have a friend with a Z06 and I much prefer my F type interior but to each thier own.

Anyhow, nice 'vette, enjoy.

Cheers,
Dave
I've had both. The Jag interior is a way nicer place to be.

Old 05-06-2018 | 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by langjag
I've had both. The Jag interior is a way nicer place to be.
....and I completely agree with this statement. The C7 Z06 interior is a large improvement over all previous Corvettes, no doubt about it. But it still places 2nd when compared to my ‘18 F type R interior.

Old 05-09-2018 | 08:16 AM
|
Default couple more things

First vette NO ANNOYING start stop mode that needs to be disabled every time you start the engine. second when you put the vette in sport mode it stays there - no need to reset EVERY day. little things add up

Old 05-09-2018 | 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by plmmd
First vette NO ANNOYING start stop mode that needs to be disabled every time you start the engine. second when you put the vette in sport mode it stays there - no need to reset EVERY day. little things add up
GM must have changed the programming based on your Sport mode comment. My’16 Z06 reset to Tour mode every time you shut the engine down, similar to the ‘18 F type R.

Old 05-09-2018 | 10:34 AM

I came very close to buying a Vette before the Jag. The exterior with Z07 package just looks fantastic. IMO, the only interior that looks good is the stage 3 with CF sport seats on the Z06 or Grand Sport (Carbon 65 edition), along with suede inserts and CF flash package on dash. Otherwise, its basic....no wow factor. I settled on the SVR and love it. Again, IMO, the SVR interior is higher class. Comparo below....you be the judge.

Last edited by VR46; 05-09-2018 at 10:38 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ndabunka (05-09-2018)
Old 05-09-2018 | 10:50 AM

Both of these two choices are terrific automobiles. I detailed a couple of my major headaches I had with my C7 Z06 which compelled me to sell it and move on. It was a sad day for me when I sold it, to me it was a beautiful machine. The F type R is like a new girl friend, every bit as pretty, maybe more so, IMO. The exclusivity of the Jag is miles ahead of the Z06, though, and I do like the fact that so few are around in my area....C7 Corvettes are fairly common in my area and only an enthusiast really knows the difference between the Z06 and a Stingray. If an owner can live with the few short comings I didn’t like, they’ll likely love the car. With a whopping 500 miles on my new Jaguar, so far I’m in the honeymoon stage....hope it stays with me!

Old 05-09-2018 | 05:53 PM
Veteran Member

I have never seen a Vette with this interior, looks nice. Wonder how much? Dash is still GM looking unless that changes also.

Old 05-10-2018 | 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by bjg625
I have never seen a Vette with this interior, looks nice. Wonder how much? Dash is still GM looking unless that changes also.
The Carbon 65 package (with that interior above) is pricey...About $85k-$90k for the Grand Sport and over $100K for the Z06 version.

Old 05-11-2018 | 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by VR46
The Carbon 65 package (with that interior above) is pricey...About $85k-$90k for the Grand Sport and over $100K for the Z06 version.
The Vette interior looks good for a Vette but I am afraid it doesn't hold a candle to the SVR. It still has too much plastic and has sort of a kit car look to it.

Old 05-11-2018 | 07:33 AM
|

Lets see oil temp/water temp readily visible hmm things a proper sports car should always display- Then theres the HUD- Im liking this car more each day and missing the R much less. BTW when it hits 500 you lose the 3500 rpm break-in restrictions and this car is quite a beast with purposeful exhaust not one for entertainment value

Old 05-11-2018 | 10:40 AM

Lets see oil temp/water temp readily visible hmm things a proper sports car should always display- Then theres the HUD- Im liking this car more each day and missing the R much less. BTW when it hits 500 you lose the 3500 rpm break-in restrictions and this car is quite a beast with purposeful exhaust not one for entertainment value
Glad you're happy with your choice. And while my exhaust may not be as "purposeful" as yours, I still enjoy it and my car. As long as we each enjoy what we have, everyone should be happy. Again, that's why there are so many options out there - not everyone wants exactly the same thing. Glad you found yours and I found mine.

Maybe I just need to stop with this thread because it seems to have devolved into the "my car is better than yours because of x" from both sides. Just be happy with what you have and if you aren't happy with it, change what you don't like or get something else. Life's too short.

ndabunka (05-12-2018)
Old 05-11-2018 | 02:55 PM

I think MOST here appreciate both cars and may have considered them (amongst others) before making a choice.
That certainly includes me, who was definitely going for a Z06 until I ran across my beautiful black R.
I like seeing posts that show or describe the differences between the F-Type and the Vette. Some things the Vette does better, and some the Jag, but they are both wonderful cars.

Old 05-11-2018 | 03:02 PM
|

I would say that perhaps I have a different perspective. I had the jag for 3 years I had the second awd r delivered on Long Island. Though I liked the car I never loved it. I was able to experience every nuance. Read back about how my abs module locked my parking brake and I needed to be flatbeded to the dealer at 600 miles. It took them 8 days to discover the broken Land Rover sourced abs part. Book end that with the need to replace the cats about a month before I turned it in. It took a week to get parts. Reliability score = not great

Old 05-11-2018 | 07:23 PM

PBBarb....thank you for your comment on ending this thread. The OP is in love with his new toy story with 500 miles on it. The same could easily be said for me. He has yet to experience the life with a GM car, especially the Corvette, their halo car. I’ll bet it’s gone within 3 years or less....it’s far from being perfect as he suggests today. I for one, am getting tired of him slamming my new F type R. Wait till he drives his new baby in a rain storm or a snow skimmed road.....

Old 05-12-2018 | 08:30 AM
Veteran Member

"Though I liked the car I never loved it." - there you go, you were a Corvette guy who didn't know it at the time.

I have to wonder how a similar thread with a new SVR owner posting in a Corvette forum would go down ;-)

Old 05-12-2018 | 12:34 PM
Veteran Member

Save money. Buy more than 1 car. With all the great cars I've seen in the last month, it won't end. Good thing I can't afford more.

Old 05-12-2018 | 12:42 PM
Veteran Member

I guess you did not know that you could have permanently disabled the stop/start system in less than 5 minutes. That would have saved you a lot of annoyance!
A week ago a new white Corvette came up behind my F-Type in traffic. The driver was pointing at the F-Type, gesticulating and explaining something about my car to his passenger. He then pulled beside and rapidly in front of my Jaguar - a pretty clear display of insecurity. Taste is individual but I could not help thinking how awkward-looking (from all angles) the Corvette was compared to the F-Type.

Old 05-12-2018 | 01:13 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by sov211
Taste is individual but I could not help thinking how awkward-looking (from all angles) the Corvette was compared to the F-Type.
Some people just like the transformer and autobot car design.

Old 05-12-2018 | 01:35 PM

I have to wonder how a similar thread with a new SVR owner posting in a Corvette forum would go down ;-)[/QUOTE]

No wondering about it. The two worst Forums out there as far as negative comments on other cars are the Mustang and the Corvette Forums. They’d burn you at the stake for negative comments on the holy brand of their car. That’s a pitiful thing, but that’s how they are. The GTR Forum isn’t quite as bad, but this Jaguar F type Forum seems to have the most gentlemanly members, which I appreciate immensely.

ndabunka (05-12-2018)

Quick Reply: almost good bye