F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ambient lighting question

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ambient lighting question

hi everyone, was wondering if I could get some answers on here. Just bought a model S F type 2015, brand new (showroom car).

1) extra feature ambient light, when I set the color (ex to blue pink or red) the lights briefly light up and disappear. When do these extra lights come on? Is there a way to make these interior ambient lights stay on 24/7?

2) when I charge my iPhone, I can't connect the Bluetooth to play Spotify, anyway around it?

3) when starting the car and changing to D gear, the car stutters or jerks forward because I drive off, is this normal?

4). The air condtioning vents smell mildrew or like wet socks. Do I have to tell them to change air conditioner or like the filter?

thanks guys,

Ron

Old 12-26-2016, 04:41 PM
Received 176 Likes on 132 Posts

#1 I think that they only work when the headlights are on.
#2 No idea. I don't have an iPhone
#3 Not normal. Should be smooth like any other car.
#4 Not normal. The AC is pretty unobtrusive. When I've had that problem on other cars, I spray Lysol into the intake vent with the AC on. Have the windows open so that the car doesn't end up smelling like Lysol. One or two times usually kills the mildew.

Old 12-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Received 182 Likes on 131 Posts

This thread discussed the car jerking forward when D is engaged for the first time after startup, there is also a TSB referenced that might apply to your car (post #64)

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...-153622/page4/

Car AC should not smell damp - get the cabin / pollen filters changed.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 592 Likes on 362 Posts

For no. 3:
The TSB JTB00498 in that link won't apply to a 2015 car. However if the jerk is after a change from reverse into drive (including if the car was reversed before parking and then driven off in drive after a restart), or vice versa, then there is a TSB JTB00402 for some backlash in the driveline which causes a thunking sound. It can do it when breaking at low speeds as well. It is more noticeable during cold weather than warm as that specific issue is caused by expansion of the driveshaft splines impairing the interface fit. Depending on the VIN that may be something else to look at.

Ref no 4:
Swap the cabin air filter over to see if that helps as it may just be a damp filter. If not, and you don't want to use a scent bomb in the car, then closing the windows and running the air vents on full and slightly heated, followed by fully cooled, and repeating a few times for a few minutes each can help if there is moisture in the vents. Keep the AC on (or use auto) as it dries the air. The bacteria that you can smell will then often die off and the scent should go after a few days to a week. There is no need to use an anti-bacterial spray unless it is really bad.

Old 12-26-2016, 09:04 PM
Tel
Received 233 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Rino
hi everyone, was wondering if I could get some answers on here. Just bought a model S F type 2015, brand new (showroom car).

1) extra feature ambient light, when I set the color (ex to blue pink or red) the lights briefly light up and disappear. When do these extra lights come on? Is there a way to make these interior ambient lights stay on 24/7?

2) when I charge my iPhone, I can't connect the Bluetooth to play Spotify, anyway around it?

3) when starting the car and changing to D gear, the car stutters or jerks forward because I drive off, is this normal?

4). The air condtioning vents smell mildrew or like wet socks. Do I have to tell them to change air conditioner or like the filter?

thanks guys,

Ron

A1 - Won't be on 24/7 unless you leave your headlights on all the time

A2 - When your iPhone is plugged in, the car wants to use it via the wire connection rather than BT. If you have a second USB slot, try that one.

A3 - As well as TSB's noted by xDave, be certain to let the revs die down after startup to an idle before you pull away. Initially upon startup, the revs are a little higher than normal for the emissions/sensors etc. to get up to temp. Pulling away with any revs on will make the car 'jerk'. Wait about 20 sec after starting.

A4 - Doesn't sound like a showroom car to me! Sounds like the damp/condensation has set in...get back to the dealer and have them sort it. As mentioned...new pollen filter and air bomb should fix.

Old 12-26-2016, 10:49 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I would go further and investigate the mildew smell. If this is a showroom vehicle, it should be devoid of any moisture buildup since it was indoors. You should get a clear explanation from the dealer.

Old 12-27-2016, 08:23 AM
Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by SGT h0llywood
I would go further and investigate the mildew smell. If this is a showroom vehicle, it should be devoid of any moisture buildup since it was indoors. You should get a clear explanation from the dealer.
Agreed. This sounds like the car was not a showroom car and was stored outside until the dealer moved it inside to display it as a floor model to move it. This should be repairable, but annoying that you need to bring your new car in for service to then drive around in a loaner XE.

A way around the bluetooth issue is to get a 12v USB lighter-plug adaptor and charge your phone that way. Not as clean, but it will work.