Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Android 13.0 Larger Screen with Carplay Android Auto For F-Type

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2024, 06:52 AM
Sponsor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Android 13.0 Larger Screen with Carplay Android Auto For F-Type

For Jaguar F-Type 2012 - 2019 Carputech Android 13 Car Multimedia Player GPS Navigation 10.25 Inch Car Radio Stereo Carplay Android Auto DSP
https://www.carputech.com/products/f...eo-carplay-dsp

Key Features

- Built-in wireless Apple Carplay & Android Auto.
- Support original car information showing.

- Support factory rear view camera or 360 camera.
- Support door open warning information.
- Support original steering wheel control.
- Support original sound system and optic fiber, play lossless audio.
- Support Original ALL FUNCTIONS.
- Support Original Radio.
- Built-in BT and Support Original BT.
- Support Idrive control in Android Menu.
- Support Original/aftermarket camera.
- Support Parking trajectory/Radar.
- Support AUX Switch automatically-some old cars switch manually.

Carputech is a manufacturer dedicated to providing OEM factory-integrated navigation systems(Carplay Upgrade Modules), Carplay adapters, and aftermarket CarPlay/Android Auto systems for various vehicle brands.
Web : www.carputech.com E-mail : support@Carputech.com
Welcome any inquires. Thank you.
The following users liked this post:
Old 05-09-2024, 12:10 PM
Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Has anyone actually installed one of these in their car? I've seen others try similar products but had a difficult time making them work. Some didn't work with certain cars.

Is there a discount promotion for the first people willing to try it? I might be willing to be one of the first to give it a try, for the right price.

Old 05-09-2024, 02:18 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000JagLvr
Has anyone actually installed one of these in their car? I've seen others try similar products but had a difficult time making them work. Some didn't work with certain cars.

Is there a discount promotion for the first people willing to try it? I might be willing to be one of the first to give it a try, for the right price.
I was wondering the same thing. I haven't seen this one before. I really want to upgrade, but all of the options are kinda pricey to be a guinea pig.

Old 05-09-2024, 04:23 PM
Received 400 Likes on 211 Posts

the ones i've seen previously required you to gut your factory components and swap them into the aftermarket unit. I think the Merryway unit was this way.

Old 05-09-2024, 05:10 PM

Yep. I saw that too. I'm not going to pull circuit boards out of my OEM radio and put them in a "NEW" aftermarket one. It should come fully assembled. I also saw that some ribbon cables were getting shorted out and causing issues. Not going to go down that road either.

However, a fully assembled plug and play unit would be worth considering.

Old 05-10-2024, 06:00 AM
Sponsor

Hi,
Thanks for your interest in our product.
It is currently at the Mother's Day promotion price, which is already the best price. It will return to the original price a week later.
But if you are willing to try it, we are glad to provide you an extra $30 off for the 4G+64G option(with coupon code: JAGUAR30 ),
and $50 off for the 8G+128G option(with coupon code: JAGUAR50 ) .
We are confident to offer:
30-day free returns guarantee: You have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return for a refund or replacement, we cover all the shipping cost.
2-year warranty: We offer 2-year warranty for all Carputech Carplay Modules and Android car screens. During the warranty period of 24 months, if there is any quality problem, we will support free maintenance services for you. If the maintenance can't solve the problem, we will arrange replacement for you.
If you have any questions please let me know, thanks.

Carputech is a manufacturer dedicated to providing OEM factory-integrated navigation systems(Carplay Upgrade Modules), Carplay adapters, and aftermarket CarPlay/Android Auto systems for various vehicle brands.
Old 05-10-2024, 06:12 AM
Received 214 Likes on 121 Posts
Default Regarding warranties and guarantees....

As a matter of fact, it is very hard if not impossible to enforce warranties and guarantees when the business/company/seller is located overseas.

My suggestion, the seller who is really unknown to everyone here on the message board, should send a unit to one message board member for free based on good faith. Once the message board member receives the navigation unit and the unit is installed into the vehicle, message board member will report back to this specific message board with information and the results of the installation. If the product works as promised then this customer will pay the seller. This will cause a positive response from other message board members as they will also want to purchase the same navigation unit to upgrade their vehicle. In my opinion this is a win-win situation.

Last edited by Turko; 05-10-2024 at 06:20 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Turko:
carputech (05-10-2024), Chuckster (05-10-2024)
Old 05-10-2024, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Turko
As a matter of fact, it is very hard if not impossible to enforce warranties and guarantees when the business/company/seller is located overseas.

My suggestion, the seller who is really unknown to everyone here on the message board, should send a unit to one message board member for free based on good faith. Once the message board member receives the navigation unit and the unit is installed into the vehicle, message board member will report back to this specific message board with information and the results of the installation. If the product works as promised then this customer will pay the seller. This will cause a positive response from other message board members as they will also want to purchase the same navigation unit to upgrade their vehicle. In my opinion this is a win-win situation.
I think this is a fantastic idea. If it is plug and play unit and full install directions are included, I would be willing to give it try. I think the OEM infotainment set up in my car ('14 V8S) is not the best effort on Jaguars part.

The following 2 users liked this post by 2000JagLvr:
carputech (05-10-2024), Supersprint Sport Exhausts (05-10-2024)
Old 05-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Turko

Hi, Thank you for your kind suggestion.
We'd like to do it if we can ensure that we encounter scammers less often. In fact, we have done this before. But we were very disappointed that many people did not keep their promises and lost contact with us after receiving our products. We also did not receive payment for the products.
Therefore, on the one hand, we must protect the rights of our customers, and on the other hand, we must also protect our own interests. We have an overseas warehouse in the United States. When our customers in the United States need to return goods, we will provide a paid return label. That way our customers don’t have to worry about returns.
If anyone has a better way, please suggest it to us. We also hope to achieve a win-win situation. Thank you!

Old 05-10-2024, 07:52 AM
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

You have also been posting on Facebook too. The suggestion above is a great idea. I would think that publicity on this forum would give you plenty of sales. You should do more research before you assume that we would scam you.

The following 2 users liked this post by Robert R Gilbert:
carputech (05-10-2024), Supersprint Sport Exhausts (05-10-2024)
Old 05-10-2024, 08:49 AM

@carputech PM sent.

Old 05-10-2024, 09:10 AM

Two things....

1. I don't know this sponsor so it's nothing meant to be negative or a personal attack that is not my intention. However, a paid return postal label means nothing. One can receive a paid postal receipt / label send back the unit and never get their refund. At that point it's one big headache for the purchaser to try to recover his purchase as a credit refund.

2. It is my opinion, there is no one on this board who is of dubious character. No one will scam the sponsor for a $250 product. In my opinion it is definitely worth for the sponsor to send a unit to one customer who is a message board member. And basically the sponsor is risking a loss of $250 worst case scenario but I know that would not be the case because it is such a petty scam I don't think anyone on this message board is of a low character to do such a thing. I don't believe anyone owning a Jaguar F-Type sports car has the mindset to scam another person.. there are no ghetto characters here on the message board.

Carbuff2 (05-10-2024)
Old 05-10-2024, 09:28 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,111 Likes on 1,409 Posts

There have been plenty of jerks over the years, but the moderators are good at kicking them out.

scm (05-10-2024)
Old 05-10-2024, 10:01 AM
Received 178 Likes on 114 Posts

I have the system installed last year, the only feature you will end up using is the car play and 360 camera, and there are kinks you will never work out, minimal support from the retailer/manufacturer.

The following 2 users liked this post by Ray Ray:
rockstar B (05-11-2024), Supersprint Sport Exhausts (05-10-2024)
Old 05-10-2024, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Ray
I have the system installed last year, the only feature you will end up using is the car play and 360 camera, and there are kinks you will never work out, minimal support from the retailer/manufacturer.
Good to know.
I wasn't sure if this model had been tried on an F Type yet or not.
Do you still have it installed or did you remove it? I don't have a 360 camera system.
I would mainly be interested in the Android Auto feature.

Thanks

Old 05-10-2024, 01:00 PM

Good to know.
I wasn't sure if this model had been tried on an F Type yet or not.
Do you still have it installed or did you remove it? I don't have a 360 camera system.
I would mainly be interested in the Android Auto feature.

Thanks

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...thread-210198/

There are some of us around. I also had a little write up regarding the unit if you go to my profile, though i decided not to update it further since some issues were not getting resolved and if i were to rate the experience after almost a year of use, it’d be 3/10.

I still have it in the car, ask me anything, but if your main purpose is Android auto, phone calls have no sound on Android auto for me, i did not investigate further since i mainly use CarPlay.

Old 05-10-2024, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Ray
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...thread-210198/

There are some of us around. I also had a little write up regarding the unit if you go to my profile, though i decided not to update it further since some issues were not getting resolved and if i were to rate the experience after almost a year of use, it’d be 3/10.

I still have it in the car, ask me anything, but if your main purpose is Android auto, phone calls have no sound on Android auto for me, i did not investigate further since i mainly use CarPlay.
I think I read your post before. I thought it was a different model. Thanks again for the heads up. I think I'll pass at this time. Seems to be too many issues. For the price they're asking it should be a plug and play devicenot a plug and mess around with it for a while and hope it plays.

The following 2 users liked this post by 2000JagLvr:
Supersprint Sport Exhausts (05-11-2024), Turko (05-11-2024)
Old 05-10-2024, 10:01 PM

Exactly, too much issues and messing around with the settings, and things aren’t even perfect after all the tinkering.

technically everything they advertises work, but they won’t tell you CarPlay audio stutters intermittently, 360 camera stitching sucks, and Bluetooth has to be turned in manually every time you shut off the car (required for CarPlay connection).

The following 2 users liked this post by Ray Ray:
Supersprint Sport Exhausts (05-11-2024), Turko (05-11-2024)
Old 05-11-2024, 05:32 AM
Default My thoughts ....

The majority of vehicle computer chips are made in South Korea. I do wonder why the Navigation Screen unit can't be perfected by a seller and or manufacturer for aftermarket sales. The available units for sale on the marketplace have too many glitches. I personally will not pay for such a product knowing it will not function just like the factory OEM unit. Nor do I have the expertise and patience to play Doctor Frankenstein to perform electronics surgery to my car to get the navigation screen to operate , in a not full function manner. Paying a premium price for a part for my car has to equate to getting a premium product, otherwise it's just not worth it. In the end it will just **** me off knowing "the item" isn't how it should be.

Last edited by Turko; 05-11-2024 at 05:39 AM.
Old 05-11-2024, 07:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 441 Likes on 389 Posts

Yes - appreciate all the details. I've been looking at these for a while for my 2017 SVR. I will prob go with the UAD or GTA units with the existing small screen, but even they have some irritating limitations. I would love to upsize the screen and have something that works for car features plus CarPlay - but it seems that's just not possible

Probably doesn't help that JLR seems to have gone through a different infotainment on an annual basis - the 2016 and before Bosch looks totally different on the screen than my 2017 Bosch then the Harmon ones had a new interface by 2018 or so too. So my worry is something that someone has working on a different vehicle may not work on mine

Quick Reply: Android 13.0 Larger Screen with Carplay Android Auto For F-Type