Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Android Auto kit .....

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2023, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 559 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by MisplacedPriorities
I'm just going to agree to disagree here.
I'm going on record as saying the OEM Nav was just bad. IT was out of date when current and even the latest updates were not accurate enough. Add to that there is no traffic integration and I had stopped using the OEM Nav years before I added my UAD unit.

As others have mentioned, with the UAD unit, the backup camera works the same as stock, as do all other features except the song advance buttons while in Andoid Auto.

The following users liked this post:
Pauluucho (07-03-2023)
Old 06-25-2023, 12:07 PM
Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

I'm beginning to think his Priorities are... Misplaced...

Last edited by mcphill; 06-25-2023 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-25-2023, 01:31 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

In my case, a huge and unexpected benefit of the GTA unit was that it fixed all of my microphone issues. No one could hear me when speaking through the mic on the stock unit.

With the GTA unit, everyone hears me clearly, even though it uses the car’s stock microphone! Running the unit’s anti-echo anti-feedback calibration program was key.

I assume that this result is due to the software’s better preprocessing of voice inputs.

Old 06-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Received 93 Likes on 39 Posts
Default GTA touch screen not working

Yes I tried unplug power, dim 1 and 3 on connect everything back together, but still no touch screen. I Jaguar mode the screen works find and in GTA model everything works but the touch screen. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Thanks

Old 06-26-2023, 12:54 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LedZepplin
Yes I tried unplug power, dim 1 and 3 on connect everything back together, but still no touch screen. I Jaguar mode the screen works find and in GTA model everything works but the touch screen. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Thanks
I had the exact same issue as you. The solutions that GTA provided me, in order, were:
- Turn switch #4 to ON, all others OFF
- Turn switch #5 to ON, all others OFF
- Turn switches #1 and #3 to ON, all others OFF

The last one worked for me. Hopefully their engineering team will find a solution shortly.

As previously mentioned, make sure that your Dynamic mode settings (if you have them) are set to default, as this interfered with my screen's responsiveness.

The following 2 users liked this post by car5m:
Pauluucho (07-03-2023), Simonusa0 (10-02-2023)
Old 06-27-2023, 07:10 PM
Received 149 Likes on 82 Posts

Thanks
I'm waiting to hear if they found a solution for your problem before I order mine. It does appear to be a nice kit.

Old 07-01-2023, 12:53 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks
Hey, did you manage to get the touch screen working?

Old 07-01-2023, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by alexw87
Hey, did you manage to get the touch screen working?
Yup they had me do the dim 4 and dim 5 all others off that did not work either. I no touch screen.

I think I have a bad unit as its drawing a lot of power even with the car turned off, i.e I keep my car on tickle charge and since I connected the unit my trickle charger has been flashing all the time. Ive twice had the ignition system tell me to turn the car on i.e. low battery. This started a day after I connected the GTA system 7 days ago and the trickle charge has been flashing since. Yesterday I completely disconnected the GTA system and reconnected the OEM nav and today 16hrs later the trickle charger has stopped flashing ie. fully charged.

Old 07-01-2023, 05:10 PM

So, are you sending it back? Or did they offer another solution?

Old 07-01-2023, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by car5m
I had the exact same issue as you. The solutions that GTA provided me, in order, were:
- Turn switch #4 to ON, all others OFF
- Turn switch #5 to ON, all others OFF
- Turn switches #1 and #3 to ON, all others OFF

The last one worked for me. Hopefully their engineering team will find a solution shortly.

As previously mentioned, make sure that your Dynamic mode settings (if you have them) are set to default, as this interfered with my screen's responsiveness.
Are you noticing a current drain as well with your unit?

Old 07-05-2023, 06:48 AM

Yup they had me do the dim 4 and dim 5 all others off that did not work either. I no touch screen.

I think I have a bad unit as its drawing a lot of power even with the car turned off, i.e I keep my car on tickle charge and since I connected the unit my trickle charger has been flashing all the time. Ive twice had the ignition system tell me to turn the car on i.e. low battery. This started a day after I connected the GTA system 7 days ago and the trickle charge has been flashing since. Yesterday I completely disconnected the GTA system and reconnected the OEM nav and today 16hrs later the trickle charger has stopped flashing ie. fully charged.
Did you get your unit sorted / replaced in the end? Interested to hear what their customer service is like, especially when ordering from abroad (which I would be doing).

Old 07-06-2023, 09:28 PM

They are sending me another unit to try. So I'll update as soon as I get it and give it a try.

I have the UAD unit in my Audi A5 2010. I think the GTA unit is better as no external mic is needed and the wireless connects better than the bluetooth option (its flaky on my Audi works fine as long as you connect immediately on vehicle entry, but there after I can only connect via USB, could just the Audi though). So Im hoping the new unit will work.

Old 07-06-2023, 10:04 PM

That's good to hear.

There's a car audio company where I am based who install these types of units, and for the F-type I think they use a UAD unit, and they mentioned for Android Auto the wireless connection can be intermittent (best to use cable). For some reason Apple Carplay works fine wirelessly.

Old 07-10-2023, 12:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by car5m
I installed my unit on a 2017 AWD F-Type S and I ran into the same issues. Hopefully some of my solutions will work for you as well:

- I also had to run the cable 3" further because my car does did have the hole at 4:50min of the installation video. By pulling the cable tight, I was able to reach the connection without splicing. However, GTA should lengthen their cable by a few inches as the current length makes installation unnecessarily difficult.

- My touchscreen was also unresponsive to touch in CarPlay mode upon installation. GTA provided the following solution, which worked: Unplug the unit from the white power connector, set switches #1 and #3 to the ON position, and leave all other switches in the OFF position. Reconnect the white power connector. Hope this works for you as well.

A few additional tips:

- Make sure that you run the unit's anti-echo calibration program after you've finished the install (this function requires your touchscreen to be responsive to touch). The calibration should significantly increase the quality of your phone calls.

- Once everything works, I recommend that you premanently unpair your phone from the OEM unit. You will likely never use it again in that mode, as CarPlay will connect wirelessly the moment you unlock the car.

- If you are paired wirelessly, you can use the USB connectors in the armrest to charge your phone without issue. No need to tun the GTA unit's USB connector to the armrest.

- My unit has the following bug: if I change the parameters of the car's Dynamic mode (in the native Jaguar settings), my CarPlay touchscreen becomes unresponsive. This is unfortunate as I prefer to run a custom Dynamic mode which disables the Dynamic mode's stiffer suspension.
I just installed the GTA unit that I received for Father's Day into my 2017 F-Type R, and, of course, the touch screen doesn't work. I set switches #1 and #3 ON and all others off...nope...nothing. Obviously, I can't even pair my iphone 13 mini to CarPlay wirelessly. I emailed GTAcar Kit to see if they have a solution...if any at all. The BlueBus in my 2006 M3 works better than this thing. Also, the GTA unit wires are too short for a 2017 model, but I made it work. Dang...what a disappointment...oh, well...live and learn. Maybe the folks at GTA will have a solution besides returning it...LOL!

Old 07-10-2023, 10:09 AM

Sounds like they received a bad batch of units. Could be as simple as a bad batch of video cables. They told me that they have 8 F-Type with these units working flawlessly. And at the time only one they could not figure out.

Old 07-10-2023, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by BingBong67
I just installed the GTA unit that I received for Father's Day into my 2017 F-Type R, and, of course, the touch screen doesn't work. I set switches #1 and #3 ON and all others off...nope...nothing. Obviously, I can't even pair my iphone 13 mini to CarPlay wirelessly. I emailed GTAcar Kit to see if they have a solution...if any at all. The BlueBus in my 2006 M3 works better than this thing. Also, the GTA unit wires are too short for a 2017 model, but I made it work. Dang...what a disappointment...oh, well...live and learn. Maybe the folks at GTA will have a solution besides returning it...LOL!
Do you have the Bosch system in your car?

Old 07-11-2023, 08:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul champagne
Do you have the Bosch system in your car?
Yes, sir...I have the Bosch system in my car. I figured it out using suggestions from car5m's posts...thank you. As of now, everything is working properly including the touch screen. One small issue is GTA needs to make the wiring harness a tad bit longer...it's a tight fit on a 2017.
Here are my settings to get the touch screen to work on my 2017 F-Type when using CarPlay (GTA unit):

- Switches #1, #3, and #4 ON all others OFF. When #4 is OFF I get no sound coming out of my speakers
- When in Dynamic mode, the Factory Setup has to be ON. I can't use My Setup (Normal suspension) when in Dynamic mode. I figured riding around on a bit stiffer suspension if and when I'm in Dynamic mode is a small price to pay to have CarPlay available in my car. As much as we've all paid for our F-Types, I wish CarPlay/Android Auto would have come standard on our cars.

Paul champagne (07-11-2023)
Old 07-11-2023, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by BingBong67
Yes, sir...I have the Bosch system in my car. I figured it out using suggestions from car5m's posts...thank you. As of now, everything is working properly including the touch screen. One small issue is GTA needs to make the wiring harness a tad bit longer...it's a tight fit on a 2017.
Here are my settings to get the touch screen to work on my 2017 F-Type when using CarPlay (GTA unit):

- Switches #1, #3, and #4 ON all others OFF. When #4 is OFF I get no sound coming out of my speakers
- When in Dynamic mode, the Factory Setup has to be ON. I can't use My Setup (Normal suspension) when in Dynamic mode. I figured riding around on a bit stiffer suspension if and when I'm in Dynamic mode is a small price to pay to have CarPlay available in my car. As much as we've all paid for our F-Types, I wish CarPlay/Android Auto would have come standard on our cars.
Thanks for the update

Old 07-14-2023, 10:43 PM

I just received my GTA kit. Will post an update once installed

Old 07-15-2023, 03:21 PM

I just completed my install. I have the Bosch base system. The install took me about 45 minutes.
When I received the kit, all the dip switches were at the off position. I left them like that.
I did the install pretty much exactly like the GTA video.
At first startup, you get a welcome screen that in my case was AndroidAuto. After a couple of yes clicks, everything works exactly as advertised.
Sound is excellent, touch screen works. The whole system is quite fast. Faster than I expected.

I haven't done a lot of testing yet, but so far, so good.
I would theorize that the kit works best with the base Jaguar entertainment system.

Quick Reply: Android Auto kit .....