F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another 'New To Me' Owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 11:28 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Another 'New To Me' Owner

Just wanted to say hello...lurked for a long while before buying and since. I've had my 2014 Polaris White V8S for three weeks now. I was pretty sure I would just keep lurking however; the quality and spirit of all the posts I've read made me want to at least say thank you to all the active participants.

I'm certain there will be a rash of new owner posts with the 3 year mark passing and folks turning in leases and I'm likely to fall into that mad rush.

So what can I say...I love the car, not quite as eloquent as those of you who have said the same before me.

So far I've installed the smartTop (much easier than on my SLK), dealt with VAP on their tune (also a breeze and I felt so informed based on all the posts).

The F-Type was in really good shape, but there are a few items I'm taking care of prior to photos.....and to prevent me from looking at them for years to come....

1) The J was missing when I bought it and the U came off in my hand. Well after debading the rest of the lettering it became apparent that someone had tried to remove the residue under the J with a poor choice of cleaner. So I've scheduled to have the spoiler repainted.

2) Prior owner liked automatic car washes....so need to get some paint correction done.

3) and a new chin spoiler (only noticed after fitting the sto and sho bracket)....but now I know what it looks like.

Basically try to fix all the stuff that would bug me....

So far the biggest issue I have had is essentially neglect. Not for the car mind you, basically everything else. Instead of the normal weekend chores and errands....I have been irresistibly drawn to long drives at the expense of well basically everything else.

Anyway thanks for all the help already provided.

Chris

The following users liked this post:
SinF (08-05-2017)
Old 08-03-2017, 12:03 PM
Default OK...do have 1 picture I can share

So it seemed kind of cheap to not include at least one picture. Anyway just have to make sure it doesn't show any of the items to be corrected.

Attached Thumbnails Another 'New To Me' Owner-fullpick.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by FriscoJag:
Desert Dawg (08-05-2017), Jagged Wire (08-03-2017)
Old 08-03-2017, 01:59 PM
Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Welcome aboard. Beautiful - clean lines without all the extensions an valances. Ceramic coating or Opti Pro after paint correction, right?

Old 08-03-2017, 02:02 PM

Thanks, much appreciated.

Honestly I'm not certain. The car is a '14 and obviously wasn't hand washed. On the other hand there isn't any major issue (other than the spoiler which is going to be resprayed). I suppose if it comes out looking clean enough I'll consider it.

Good idea.....

Old 08-03-2017, 05:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Welcome and congratulations!

Old 08-03-2017, 07:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 728 Likes on 501 Posts

Welcome and i see you have already fallen into this beauty's trap! It's irresistible

Old 08-04-2017, 02:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 214 Likes on 191 Posts

If not in hurray to replace chin spoiler you can use a fine sanding block to smooth bottom, a forum fix! Parts are reatively cheap tho.

Old 08-04-2017, 06:40 AM

Yes I considered cleaning it up....but they are easy to install and cheap enough I figure I'll replace and then clean up the damage I do to them.

The hard part is explaining to the rest of the house that I'm not OCD about the car.....I think I may have lost that battle though.

Old 08-04-2017, 01:23 PM
UC3
Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Welcome and enjoy her!

Old 08-04-2017, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by FriscoJag
Thanks, much appreciated.

Honestly I'm not certain. The car is a '14 and obviously wasn't hand washed. On the other hand there isn't any major issue (other than the spoiler which is going to be resprayed). I suppose if it comes out looking clean enough I'll consider it.

Good idea.....
Well, mine is a '14 as well and it had a lot of spider webbing on it. It looked okay but here it is now:

Here is a link to the product and it shows a Jaguar in the 3rd video on their site.
VIDEOS | Opti-Coat LLC

Attached Thumbnails Another 'New To Me' Owner-img_6364.jpg  
Old 08-04-2017, 01:38 PM

Looks great....thanks for sharing.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 330 Likes on 257 Posts

Polaris white 2014 V8S? who'd want one of those? ;-)

congrats.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by DPelletier
Polaris white 2014 V8S? who'd want one of those? ;-)

congrats.

😱

😍

😛

This one is niiiiice!

Old 08-04-2017, 05:33 PM
Received 857 Likes on 483 Posts

Welcome and thanks for your business.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 08-05-2017, 09:44 AM
Received 178 Likes on 107 Posts

Welcome to the club! If there is no clear bra yet, I would highly recommend installing XPel (or similar) after the paint correction (as much of the car as you can afford), and a ceramic coating (opti-coat / cquartz/etc) on the rest.

Re: OCD... im sure my wife and neighbors think I'm nuts, as I hand wash mine weekly and sometimes more if going to an event.

enjoy!

Old 08-05-2017, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Greggbhill
Welcome to the club! If there is no clear bra yet, I would highly recommend installing XPel (or similar) after the paint correction (as much of the car as you can afford), and a ceramic coating (opti-coat / cquartz/etc) on the rest.

Re: OCD... im sure my wife and neighbors think I'm nuts, as I hand wash mine weekly and sometimes more if going to an event.

enjoy!
After a couple months, I also did the Suntek PPG clear wrap, nose and partial hood to minimize rock dings. Can't even tell its there.

Old 08-05-2017, 11:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 214 Likes on 191 Posts

If I remember my Bay area college days the use of "Frisco" is grounds for exile from entire SF Bay area!

Old 08-05-2017, 11:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

My suggestion for any used car, assume that PO never changed any fluids unless you have records. This approach may lead to unnecessary maintenance, but it will save you tons of money in few circumstances when it turns out to be the case.

Old 08-07-2017, 07:18 AM

Thanks for the great welcome all.

I have been looking around for a good place to get the coatings and wraps in my area. I think I'm going to wait on the paint correction so I can get it coated and wrapped at the same time. Unfortunately I do need (well want....difference between the wife and I's vocabulary) the spoiler resprayed. That will take a little while longer to cure before it should be coated. But more time to find local installers and hopefully I can work a deal to get it corrected, coated and wrapped at the same time.

Thanks Stewart....Velocity AP tuning is awesome and easy. I'm still deciding on the pulley, but no rush at this point.

SinF...my assumption exactly, I had it in the dealer already to verify everything. Told them I assumed all the fluids needed to be replaced and there were a bunch of deferred maintenance items. They did check it out and it was in good shape, but I always assume the worst.

And lastly at bjg625.....I'm OK being exiled from the SF Bay Area lol.....I live in Frisco Texas (and if I keep starting my car early in the AM, the neighbors may want to exile me from here too)....

Again thanks all....

Old 08-07-2017, 11:06 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome! I probably live just down the street from you and I'm in Frisco every week. As far as I know, there's now three owners of white F-Types in the area - No other colors that I've seen.