F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Antigravity lithium battery installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 03:50 PM
Received 141 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Antigravity lithium battery installed

Just installed an antigravity 60ah lithium battery and also threw in a quick battery disconnect switch as well.

Installation only took 20 min but was a pain because of the weight of the oem battery, weird angle and tight space for removing the 60 lbs battery. After pulling out the old battery and ripping out the tire inflator holder foam piece, installing the new battery back in was a breeze.

I got the new battery for a few reasons, the old battery was coming up on 3 years so about that time, I wanted the weight savings, the extra usable ah for my dash cam, and the “restart” functionality that allows you to jump your own battery with a click of a button.

I did get the H8 size so it fits like a glove with barely any wiggle room but is locked down tight with the retainer.

The following 6 users liked this post by datriani:
Burt Gummer (09-13-2021), JacksonvilleJag (09-14-2021), JgaXkr (09-13-2021), mmmjag (09-13-2021), mrjohnt (09-14-2021), mrlooneytoon (02-19-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-13-2021, 05:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

So the terminal placements are correct, no changing EOM cables, etc? Looks fantastic. Got an link or actual part number? My 2015 battery seems to be going strong, but I'll definitely go this route soon also.

Old 09-13-2021, 05:10 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,448 Likes on 1,097 Posts

Originally Posted by datriani
... was a pain because of the weight of the oem battery, weird angle and tight space for removing the 60 lbs battery.
If you think that's a pain, try it on an XKR! That battery sits just behind the rear seats so you have to get in the trunk to reach it or risk your back as you stretch across!

The following users liked this post:
Golfnutjtl (01-25-2024)
Old 09-13-2021, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
So the terminal placements are correct, no changing EOM cables, etc? Looks fantastic. Got an link or actual part number? My 2015 battery seems to be going strong, but I'll definitely go this route soon also.
The terminal placement is exactly the same, didn't have to modify the OEM cables in any way. I did, by choice, add a quick battery disconnect switch to the ground wire while I had everything disassembled. I think another forum user got the 40ah H7 battery and had to pad the bracing to hold down their antigravity battery but I didn't have that issue with this 60ah H8. There is a 80ah H8 version that sells for about $200 more and if I were to do it again, I probably would have spent the extra 2 bills. I think it's another 7 lbs but still a fraction of the OEM.

The battery it replaced (Jaguar OEM) is still good and I have it on a trickle charger. If I ever sell the car, I'll probably swap it out and hope it gives the next person a good 6+ month.

I picked up the Antigravity 60ah H8 battery, AG-H8-RS here for $850 https://www.wdlracing.com/collection...49-car-battery

I'm in no way associated with either the manufacturer or reseller.

Old 09-14-2021, 07:21 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,101 Likes on 1,402 Posts

My OEM battery was going strong at 8 years, but I replaced it anyway (with a heavy $199 Duralast.) I thought the antigravity batteries had a built-in disconnect? I know some have Bluetooth, etc.

Old 09-14-2021, 08:47 AM
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

My ‘15 OEM battery is going strong as well. Wish it would end its life as I want to upgrade to this battery. Also, my pzeros are going strong too. Wish those would go bad so I can get Michelin’s 👍

Golfnutjtl (01-25-2024)
Old 09-14-2021, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by DJS
My OEM battery was going strong at 8 years, but I replaced it anyway (with a heavy $199 Duralast.) I thought the antigravity batteries had a built-in disconnect? I know some have Bluetooth, etc.
it doesn’t have a switchable disconnect but the BMS does disconnect if it reaches 10.5v to prevent any damage. This one is not Bluetooth but it does have 2 remote switches that kick in the jump start feature. Would be great if that was Bluetooth.

Old 09-14-2021, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by mrjohnt
My ‘15 OEM battery is going strong as well. Wish it would end its life as I want to upgrade to this battery. Also, my pzeros are going strong too. Wish those would go bad so I can get Michelin’s 👍
I was thinking about waiting the battery to die as well but I figured that the lithium battery might outlast me having this car and it would be nice to get the full 8-10 years out of it so instead of letting my current “good” AGM battery die, I’ll just put it on a trickle charger and swap it back in right before I sell it.

Tires are a different story, I’d be pushing the limits to wear them out quick.

Old 09-15-2021, 03:43 PM
Received 94 Likes on 52 Posts

ANTI-GRAVITY?! Yes, been waiting for Jaguar to develop the first flying car! Sweet!!

Ken Dreger (03-02-2022)
Old 09-15-2021, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by KalamazooJag
ANTI-GRAVITY?! Yes, been waiting for Jaguar to develop the first flying car! Sweet!!
Ha

I just noticed your signature. 9/24/2021... that's awesome. What all did you load it up with?

KalamazooJag (09-16-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 09:31 AM
Received 94 Likes on 52 Posts

Just heard from my dealer that my F-Type is scheduled to arrive tomorrow...a week early! (My birthday is Sunday, so it's right on time ) Stoked about that.

It's a Santorini Black coupe, with Ebony extended leather pkg, Ebony leather headlining, Int & Ext black packs. Pano roof, heated windscreen, 770W Meridian Sound, Park Assist, illuminated sill plates. Thanks for asking. I will post some pics as soon as I take delivery and get her all shined up.

Would love to see pics of your "murdered out 2016 V6S" datriani

Last edited by KalamazooJag; 09-16-2021 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Realized I should indicate COUPE vs. Vert....I ordered the Coupe.
The following 2 users liked this post by KalamazooJag:
JgaXkr (09-18-2021), Ken Dreger (03-02-2022)
Old 09-18-2021, 04:33 AM
Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by mrjohnt
Careful what you wish for.. I got a flat the other week that deflated in the course of 30 seconds on the freeway. I guess it's one way to bite the bullet on new PS4's.

As for the battery, I might do this soon enough because my OEM battery no longer allows the start-stop system to work. I'm taking that as a sign that it's on its way out.

Old 09-18-2021, 06:11 AM
DJS
Veteran Member

I don’t recall if the ‘16 still had the 2nd ECO battery, or if that’s the year they got rid of it. My ECO battery died a few years ago, fine with me. Still haven’t taken it out.

Ken Dreger (03-02-2022)
Old 09-18-2021, 06:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,203 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
I don’t recall if the ‘16 still had the 2nd ECO battery, or if that’s the year they got rid of it. My ECO battery died a few years ago, fine with me. Still haven’t taken it out.
MY2016 is when they ditched the 2nd battery.
Get off your rear end and remove that useless chunk of lead!
I also put off removing mine then when I finally got around to it it was a cinch, but it helps to have a wobble ratchet to get at the top bolt on the rear mounting bracket.

Old 09-19-2021, 06:53 AM
DJS
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Get off your rear end and remove that useless chunk of lead!
I was trying to decide what to do today, in addition to chainsawing and chipping - now I know. Maybe I’ll even do a Rock-style write-up.

Old 09-19-2021, 11:10 AM
DJS
Veteran Member

Well, that took a lot longer than expected, but it’s out. Saves a whopping 12 pounds.

Old 09-20-2021, 01:36 PM
Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
Default AG and Cutout Switch problem

2017 V6S CONVERTIBLE.....The Neg side cable goes under the upper level right-side floor boot liner and then into the side liner! I cannot figure out where to install the cutout switch.
Advice please?

Thanks, Sparkmeister

Old 09-21-2021, 08:39 AM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by datriani
Just installed an antigravity 60ah lithium battery and also threw in a quick battery disconnect switch as well.

Installation only took 20 min but was a pain because of the weight of the oem battery, weird angle and tight space for removing the 60 lbs battery. After pulling out the old battery and ripping out the tire inflator holder foam piece, installing the new battery back in was a breeze.

I got the new battery for a few reasons, the old battery was coming up on 3 years so about that time, I wanted the weight savings, the extra usable ah for my dash cam, and the “restart” functionality that allows you to jump your own battery with a click of a button.

I did get the H8 size so it fits like a glove with barely any wiggle room but is locked down tight with the retainer.

Hi, thank you so much for this information. My R AWD have also a Starter battery I think.And there is a data connection between the starter and start / stop battery.
Did I need also a new Start Stop battery? In your Car, I cant find the second battery...
Tahnk you for your answer
BR
Andi

Old 09-21-2021, 07:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,203 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by Andi Jaguar G
Hi, thank you so much for this information. My R AWD have also a Starter battery I think.And there is a data connection between the starter and start / stop battery.
Did I need also a new Start Stop battery? In your Car, I cant find the second battery...
Tahnk you for your answer
BR
Andi
Datriani has a MY2016 so his car doesn't have a second (auxiliary/stop-start) battery.
If yours is 2016 or later you won't have one either and being AWD it should be 2016 or later.
In an F-Type with the second battery that battery is on the other side of the boot/trunk from the main battery so on the RHS, just in from the corner and slightly tucked under the rear trim.

datriani (09-22-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 01:23 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I am thinking about picking up the H8/Group-49 after seeing how perfectly it fits without any custom brackets or support. Thanks for the photos @datriani
My car has been on it's OEM battery and I started to see low battery warning this past weekend after not driving for a while. Would also like to also shave some weight.

Wanted to ask the group as I am unsure if I should pick up the 60 Ah or 80Ah. Is 60 Ah enough for just normal use (I don't plan any modifications at the moment)? What would be the benefits of going to 80 Ah?

Quick Reply: Antigravity lithium battery installed