F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any 2015's Actually Get Their Speaker Rattles Fixed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 12:46 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Any 2015's Actually Get Their Speaker Rattles Fixed?

Had my R in 3 times to get this resolved.

Front left speaker rattles like crazy, "sub/speaker" in between the seats rattles like crazy now too (though I think that's just due to them not putting the trim in correctly/well).

They have done the TSB, and then a 2nd TSB that is a software deal.

The dealer "fixes" it, gives me the car back, and its the same or worse. Can't believe they don't double check the work, and will not be going back to that dealer.

This rattling has gotten worse, and is driving me insane. Even talk radio rattles.

Has anyone gotten this fixed so it's perfect? My wife's Wrangler, which has removable doors, removable roof, and all sorts of modifications doesn't rattle AT ALL....and that things has a sweet factory Alpine sound system with all weather sub in the back. It's supposed to be an off roading metal can, and the fit and finish is amazingly tight. Cant believe we can't even get this little door speaker on the F-Type to not rattle.

Love, love, love my R...but...the speaker rattling is driving me insane.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:24 PM

299 views and no takers yet.

Makes me think this is problem hasn't been satisfactorily addressed by Jaguar.

Old 10-26-2016, 03:48 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, i had software fix and center subwoofer pulled out and fixed. No issues to date. It was a 4 hr job to fix sub vibration.

Old 10-28-2016, 05:36 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Had my 2015R fixed in Austin. Got 99% of the rattles gone. It was bad, real bad before. On loud, super low frequencies, like on some Triple Six Mafia song, every now and then I get a tiny buzz, but barely noticeable.

System still isn't close sound quality-wise to aftermarket systems I have put in cars before. It's "ok" but the rear speakers have hardly any midrange, zero treble, and are barely there.

I'll be checking unit an aftermarket replacement at some point, if the installer says they can replace the factory until without it being a big ordeal. A decent pair of 6x9s seem to be in order for behind the seats in my opinion.

Last edited by James Tootle; 10-28-2016 at 05:38 AM.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

Well, while having a different system to yours (UK Base 100W) - yes.

But then it was just a matter of stopping the trim from vibrating, rather than attempting to stop the relevant module from driving the speakers with clipped signals.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 592 Likes on 362 Posts

I did the "tape and foam" TSB myself (dealer supplied the kits, I installed them) precisely because I have never had a dealer solve a rattle for me when they do it themselves. Following the published steps I resolved the rattling from both doors. I did the rear too for completeness, but I was not experiencing rattling from the subs. The only rear rattle was a clip that had fallen off and was rattling against the metal panels so I applied foam tape into the crease at the bottom to prevent that if it happens again.

No audio software update has been done on mine.

When taping up my door harnesses I noted that even with the foam blocks provided to place beneath the window harness clips (which I suspect are the main rattlers) the harness did still make contact with the alu door panel and so I also fabric taped them to be sure. If yours has had the same TSB followed and the problem has reduced, but you still have a faint vibration that may be the cause?

Old 10-29-2016, 06:43 PM

Thanks for the replies folks, and tip xdave.

I'll hopefully get her back to the dealer (new dealer this time) in the next few weeks and see what they can do.

Old 10-31-2016, 08:14 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

My bass rattles are slowly coming back. :[ whatever, I'm planning a new stereo so I'll live with it for the time being.

Old 11-01-2016, 01:04 AM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by James Tootle
My bass rattles are slowly coming back. :[ whatever, I'm planning a new stereo so I'll live with it for the time being.
Same here.

Ultimately, I think the issue(s) comes down to a poorly engineered outing by Jaguar and Meridian. In my view, no matter the efforts of the dealership, there are fundamental design flaws that Jaguar cannot overcome without a re-design of the electronics and the enclosures. This "situation" is exacerbated by volume and music type - hence it has not surfaced for everyone here.

I have come to the conclusion that it's not worth my pain and aggravation as Jaguar is only sort of serious (at best) about addressing and when they do attempt, they seem to offer half-measures at best. That means I either accept and move on, or go aftermarket and start replacing things.

I have made peace with this - first world problem - though there is still a bit of annoyance that so little effort or thought went into this by both companies, which has negatively colored my view of Jaguar and Meridian brands.

The following users liked this post:
James Tootle (11-02-2016)