F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Experience with Maxton Front Splitter?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2022, 12:32 PM
Received 81 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Any Experience with Maxton Front Splitter?

Does anyone have any experience with the Maxton front splitter? https://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/body-...front-splitter

I am considering this for my 2016 F-Type for a little more aggressive look, as well as the Maxton spoiler. Any feedback on quality or fit and finish?

Old 09-14-2022, 07:10 PM
Received 247 Likes on 130 Posts

I have just purchased this splitter and it will be installed tomorrow morning. I will take some pictures for you and report back. So far, the quality seems very good. It was very well packed and protected with what I think is all the necessary hardware. I would imagine that I could have done it myself but am using a lift with several helpers (free advice) so that the splitter goes on correctly.

This splitter was back ordered, but I spoke with the US Maxton Dealer who is in Chicago somewhere. I paid for it, waited about two weeks and then got notified it was on its way.

I am bitting at the bit getting this on as tomorrow seems like so far away.....

Old 09-14-2022, 08:58 PM
Received 136 Likes on 110 Posts

Sort of an easily-replaceable curb sensor, then...

Old 09-15-2022, 10:01 AM
Received 395 Likes on 177 Posts

I have it, easy to install, looks great. Good ABS materials, but need to know how to drive a lowered car to avoid hitting it as it will shatter. Best advise for installation, is to remove the lower engine cover tray and use that as a template where to drill the holes for. You can then either re-use (in some cases) the bolts that hold up the engine cover tray. In my case, I had to purchase slightly longer bolts. You will no longer use the existing wind deflectors underneath the car, nor will you reuse the side spllitter pieces if you have them.

The following 2 users liked this post by skizot:
Gearhead01 (09-15-2022), Nodnarb (09-15-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 08:21 PM

Well as promised here is my install.

Getting the splitter on while the car was on the lift was super easy. I used four of the existing factory screws, two on each side, and three bolts from Maxton in the center sector which are a bit longer than stock and they fit exactly into the factory holes. Splitter is on very securely. As you may see in picture, the splitter is much wider than stock, particularly on the sides.
I am super delighted with how it turned out.

I also put the Maxton rear diffuser extensions in which were easy and straightforward to install.

Very happy with Maxton's products.....

Stock

Remove all stock defectors...save screws and use them again.

Maxton splitter is much larger particularly on sides and about 1/2 inch lower.

Easy to install. Need two people to properly hold splitter in place while drilling.

The following 2 users liked this post by GeorgeIII:
Gearhead01 (09-16-2022), karamayoko (10-26-2022)
Old 09-16-2022, 06:13 AM
Received 81 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks for the update and photos. Looks very nice. Glad to hear the install was very straightforward.

Old 10-26-2022, 04:44 PM
Received 179 Likes on 122 Posts

I've had a few of the Maxton front splitters on my S3 (lowered on APR springs). They looked great, but would shatter and chip pretty easily, rather than flexing and bending a little to accommodate changes in elevation. I had them projected out a bit, which definitely didn't help their longevity, and I even bolted them into the bumper to try to help keep them from breaking, but I eventually got tired of waiting for them on constant backorder to replace the ones which broke, so I went to another splitter option from a different manufacturer and have had better luck. Unfortunately, for Jag (at least for my XFR), there aren't a lot of other options, so I'd probably buy the Maxton for my XFR, if I didn't already have the Mina CF front splitters.

First Maxton

First Maxton

Second Maxton

Old 10-26-2022, 05:16 PM

As you say and that's probably an understatement, " had them projected out a bit which didn't help their longevity." I have kept the Maxton splitter where it belongs and have tested the front sensors numerous times and I do get enough warning when getting close to something. So, so far so good. Now all I have to do is try to avoid getting a ticket for lack of a front plate until I can build me a new attachment for the Sto-Sho as it is too short to work with the splitter. I keep meaning to do that and just keep forgetting. Perhaps I should write that down .... tough getting old....