F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any experience with Viezu charge cooler?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2022, 07:49 AM
Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Any experience with Viezu charge cooler?

30% more cooling area is nothing to sneeze at... But I haven't seen any posts on it.

https://viezu.com/shop/jaguar-charge...te_variant=5.0

Old 09-17-2022, 10:06 AM
Received 136 Likes on 110 Posts

No.

F-types use an air/coolant heat exchanger located below the supercharger, while this traditional intercooler mounts at the front of the car. It will not fit, not just it, but the necessary adapter plate needed below the supercharger to divert air to it, then feed it back in, all through huge hoses/pipes that there is no room for. Total no-go in such a cramped engine compartment, but feel free to start a thread and show us otherwise!

Last edited by kb58; 09-17-2022 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-17-2022, 10:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,000 Likes on 747 Posts

Originally Posted by kb58
No.

F-types use an air/coolant heat exchanger located below the supercharger, while this traditional intercooler mounts at the front of the car. It will not fit, not just it, but the necessary adapter plate needed below the supercharger to divert air to it, then feed it back in, all through huge hoses/pipes that there is no room for. Total no-go in such a cramped engine compartment, but feel free to start a thread and show us otherwise!
My understanding of this is that it is not the actual intercooler, but a larger radiator for the existing one.

The following users liked this post:
skizot (10-04-2022)
Old 09-17-2022, 10:46 AM

No.

I think you are mistaken on what the part is. It is an all-aluminum replacement for the OEM supercharger radiator. I think it is a thicker piece - that's the 30% improvement.

If I read it correctly, the image on top is the new piece, below is OEM.

Old 09-17-2022, 10:54 AM

Good point! Keep in mind that "30%" bigger means just that, not 30% more power. Back-to-back testing would be needed to show how well it actually works. Inlet and outlet restrictions, material, and design may result in gains that are of questionable worth, but that's up to the buyer to decide.

Old 09-17-2022, 10:59 AM

Good point! Keep in mind that "30%" bigger means just that, not 30% more power.
Sorry, but no ****! Who said it would?

Anyway, found a reference in an old thread that a couple people that did install the cooler, and they posted the OEM for much cheaper too:

https://www.allisport.com/shop/perfo...oler-radiator/

Old 09-17-2022, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by mcphill
Sorry, but no ****! Who said it would?...
No one, and that's exactly my point - no data on the resulting charge temperature reduction or typical power change. Showing the crank pulley is a bit misleading if it's not included.

Last edited by kb58; 09-17-2022 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-17-2022, 05:30 PM
Received 249 Likes on 137 Posts
Default speaking of VIEZU.....

Hi Guys,
I don't mean to highjack the thread but I don't believe anyone ever posed the question of; Does anyone know the difference between the VIEZU engine tune and the VAP engine tune. Good, bad or otherwise. I am considering doing a tune on my 17 F Type R sports car.
Thank you.

Old 09-17-2022, 06:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 380 Likes on 257 Posts

The only difference I have seen in this forum is that VAP tunes have several actual Dyno plots to back up claims. I do not recall ever seeing similar information for any Viezu tunes for V6 or V8.

Old 09-18-2022, 04:40 AM
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Default My thoughts

Purchased the charge/intercooler last October while sending the supercharger out for porting. I have always had the mindset if one maintenance item leads to easy access to other items why not replace, especially if those said parts are known to be failure points of the engine. While the car was down for the 3-month supercharger work the following items were replaced

All coolant hoses/pipes, radiator, upgraded intercooler, water pump, spark plugs, fuel injectors, and gaskets.

My advice and why I made the purchase.

1, Buy the intercooler through Ali sport due to much cheaper price.

2, Any opportunity to replace hard plastic parts with aluminum is a positive.

3, Larger surface area and added coolant capacity should enable lower temperature although I have not tested the car since install.

In my opinion these cars should have come stock with all aluminum radiators and intercoolers due to the damage caused in overheating by the open deck block design and porous engine sleeves. I am the second owner of the car, so replacement of items provides a solid baseline of the condition of the platform and although many of our F-types have low milage (14K for me) age does play a role as plastic degrades over time.

Old 09-18-2022, 07:53 AM
Default Hi RGPV6S ......

Originally Posted by RGPV6S
The only difference I have seen in this forum is that VAP tunes have several actual Dyno plots to back up claims. I do not recall ever seeing similar information for any Viezu tunes for V6 or V8.

VIEZU has several videos showing the upgrade to the F Type R sports car along with Dyno chart information/results. Are they not really or not accurate?? Here is the Viezu video channel.
Thank you for the feedback.https://m.youtube.com/c/ViezuTechnologies

Old 09-18-2022, 09:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,457 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Yes I posted who actually makes these and it's AlliSport. That mistake cost me almost $500 and that's why I posted back to the list on where to purchase it.

Consider upgrading your inter-cooler pump too. I did the very common Bosch 010 pump upgrade but there are others. Now be aware that a higher flow IC pump is not always what you want. It's a balance between how long the coolant stays in the inter-cooler .VS. volume of flow. The fluid needs to stay in the cooler long enough to dissipate the heat. If the pump is running too fast you just blow the hot coolant right back into the system as there was not enough time to cool the fluid down as it passed thru the front mounted inter-cooler.

No one has done this yet but what's needed is some temperature probes to be installed pre and post inter-cooler to see what is actually happening with the fluid temperatures. So I installed the all Aluminum inter-cooler and the upgraded Bosch 010 pump but can't answer on the improvements with any accuracy? I do think it helped but these TS blowers are so resistant to heat soak I find it hard to tell and I live in a very hot place.

Old 09-22-2022, 08:25 PM
Default VIEZU charge cooler being installed into car

Old 09-23-2022, 07:26 AM

I thought the cooler layed horizontal, this one is parallel with the radiator. Was there a change with a model year?

Old 09-23-2022, 08:49 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Turko
I seem to remember much higher baseline Hp and Tq numbers for a stock V8.

Old 09-23-2022, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by RGPV6S
I seem to remember much higher baseline Hp and Tq numbers for a stock V8.
OEMs report crank HP/Torque, Dyno reports wheel HP/Torque (including drivetrain loss of 15-20%).

Old 09-23-2022, 01:32 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mcphill
OEMs report crank HP/Torque, Dyno reports wheel HP/Torque (including drivetrain loss of 15-20%).
So the Viezu tune bumped the crank Hp to ~740Hp (@15% loss)? If true that is very impressive.

Old 09-23-2022, 03:43 PM
Received 88 Likes on 30 Posts

If I am looking at all of this correctly, they are using an S V8 as their development car, which would have started at 495 hp per Jaguar. They indicate it made 508 hp baseline in their dyno test, so it looks like they are converting their wheel hp numbers to report as crank hp, and their dyno reads high (or Jaguar under-reported the S hp output). Using the S instead of an R definitely makes the gains look more impressive.

RGPV6S (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Gearhead01
If I am looking at all of this correctly, they are using an S V8 as their development car, which would have started at 495 hp per Jaguar. They indicate it made 508 hp baseline in their dyno test, so it looks like they are converting their wheel hp numbers to report as crank hp, and their dyno reads high (or Jaguar under-reported the S hp output). Using the S instead of an R definitely makes the gains look more impressive.

Good eyes there. Nice catch. You are probably right.

Old 09-23-2022, 04:09 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,512 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearhead01
... (or Jaguar under-reported the S hp output)....
I've read in various places that Jaguar is quite conservative on the quoted power figures.

Quick Reply: Any experience with Viezu charge cooler?