F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any funny bystander reactions to share?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 08:33 AM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

An unwelcome response !!!!!

A XK (or something similar - can't remember now) pulled up along side me in a car park (I obviously was not in a Jag)
I apologetically said hello (didn't really want to intrude) but had to ask him about the colour - I wasn't sure about the IRR colour at that point - just to confirm thats what it was.
He pretty much looked me up and down and with what looked like a bitter taste in his mouth confirmed it was and walked away - guys in his late 60's I'd say.
What a nice welcome to possible Jag ownership (this was about 6 weeks ago)

The following users liked this post:
Pauluucho (11-26-2021)
Old 05-16-2016, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by SinF
I had interesting reaction from an old drifter at a gas station. I pull up to fuel and he walks up to me and asks: "Is that one of those V12 Jags? I could hear it coming down the road. Didn't know they still make them".
Yes, I've had a couple different people ask whether its a V12 based on the sound.

Old 05-22-2016, 11:09 AM
Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts

Driving in downtown Toronto, stuck in traffic.

The bus lane to my right is entirely open/free. A bus is about to pass me, bus driver stops the bus and sticks his head out of the window. He says, "hey buddy -- that's the nicest car every made" (we are having this conversation through the moonroof). He compliments the contrast b/w the white car and black moonroof/wheels. He then says that he'll never be able to afford one but congratulated me on making a great purchase.

Old 05-22-2016, 02:16 PM
Veteran Member

Must be something in the air. On Friday while filling the tank, two women independently walked up to me expressing how beautiful the car is. A car full of Hispanics in a brand new Dodge Challenger passed me on the Beltway, all of them flashing a thumbs-up and yelling "nice car". And, a British gent pulled up to me in stop-n-go traffic in an M4 commenting on the gorgeous lines of the car and his dismay that Jag was no longer British. Thinking about it, what was unusual about Friday is that it was the first day in a long time the kitty has seen sunlight. Well, that won't happen again anytime soon, at least around these parts.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jnDSN_XKqdk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 05-22-2016, 03:53 PM
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

My neighbors 9 year old kid called me when I first go the car, and asked if I could take him to school. I figured why not. The look on a 100 middle schoolers faces when we pulled up in the line of 90% lifted trucks and a few Domestic muscle cars was priceless. Since then he's called me 3 more times, the reaction is still the same when they hear crackle and pop. BTW, he's changed his car on Xbox to Blue f-type

The following 2 users liked this post by Grumpy Finn:
Foosh (05-22-2016), Pauluucho (11-26-2021)
Old 05-22-2016, 04:24 PM
Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

We were checking into a nice hotel so I had pulled the car up to the front steps and handed the keys to the valet. He asked, "Is this the car that has those "adjustable" vents?" When I figured out that he meant the interior center air vents, I said, "Yes." He did not move the car, and as more guests were checking in, he stayed there and answered their questions about the car. I just stood to the side, watched, and smiled.

The following 2 users liked this post by mjm3457:
Mbourne (05-22-2016), Pauluucho (11-26-2021)
Old 05-22-2016, 04:55 PM
Received 106 Likes on 65 Posts

I'm meeting family from Atlanta down at Disney's Wide World of Sports after their daughter competed in "Worlds Cheerleading" competition (their team finished 9th in the world). None of them saw my car before so all were interested in it in the parking lot after dinner and I had it spiffed to the hilt. We notice search lights across the street and since we're not done and wanting to party, I suggest we go across the street. A British magazine called "Bar Code" is having a "Red Carpet" party. So I pull up to the bar entrance. There's a red carpet there sure enough and a dozen amazing cars parked around me. I get out, and a dude brings this hot brunette up to me for photos! My relatives are dying! Then, this red carpet dude brings up two other hot babes and again takes photos of me and the girls leaning on my car. It was un-real, and all in front of a half dozen relatives.

My wife had driven separately and left after dinner because she had to get up early for work. Her sister sends her a photo of me and the first hot brunette all snuggled up on me. This is her exact text to me... "What the heck are you doing taking pictures with random girls???"

The following 5 users liked this post by PolkNole:
Atomic (05-26-2016), hwa23 (04-05-2017), Mbourne (05-22-2016), Pauluucho (11-26-2021), Smoke Em (05-22-2016)
Old 05-22-2016, 09:29 PM
Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by PolkNole
I'm meeting family from Atlanta down at Disney's Wide World of Sports after their daughter competed in "Worlds Cheerleading" competition (their team finished 9th in the world). None of them saw my car before so all were interested in it in the parking lot after dinner and I had it spiffed to the hilt. We notice search lights across the street and since we're not done and wanting to party, I suggest we go across the street. A British magazine called "Bar Code" is having a "Red Carpet" party. So I pull up to the bar entrance. There's a red carpet there sure enough and a dozen amazing cars parked around me. I get out, and a dude brings this hot brunette up to me for photos! My relatives are dying! Then, this red carpet dude brings up two other hot babes and again takes photos of me and the girls leaning on my car. It was un-real, and all in front of a half dozen relatives.

My wife had driven separately and left after dinner because she had to get up early for work. Her sister sends her a photo of me and the first hot brunette all snuggled up on me. This is her exact text to me... "What the heck are you doing taking pictures with random girls???"
That's awesome. I'm jealous.. Good for you. Sounds like you had fun..

Old 05-25-2016, 03:10 AM
Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

so where are the pics???

The following 2 users liked this post by ronniet:
hwa23 (04-05-2017), jaguny (05-25-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 07:22 AM
Received 176 Likes on 132 Posts
Old 05-25-2016, 08:36 AM

Lol

It was a charity event with drummers from Bon Jovi and Iron Maiden performing there. I just drove up and they throw girls at me and ask for photos with my car! This is my only pic with any girls. It was a 3-second video pic and in it you can see paparazzi photo flashes - much cooler than this still. Sorry about cutting the faces off but I value my privacy.

There were a dozen super cars around - here's a few...

I cannot emphasize enough that the only reason I got the red carpet treatment and babes on my arms was because I was driving my Jag.

Mbourne (05-25-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 08:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts

So many in the past few days:

1. Windows down at a red light. Car rolls up on the left and we hear a little kid saying "I don't know...can I ask him?....hey what kind of car is that??" He was about 9-10 years old. I told him it was a jag and he says "pretty sweet man!" Dad laughs as we both pull off.

2. I am shocked at how many waves or thumbs up I get from Harley guys.

3. At a stop light yesterday I see frantic waving from the car on my passenger side. I look over and a 60ish lady points at the car and gives me a thumbs up.

These things consistently make my day.

Pauluucho (11-26-2021)
Old 05-25-2016, 12:08 PM
Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

Center of attention:

Pulled up for some ice cream at a local stand. 3 middle aged guys who didn't even know one another gathered round the car, oohing and aahing about the lines, color (BRG), rear end.

One said, "What is it"? I said a jag. He said, "That is the most beautiful car I've ever seen"!

We all became good friends! They asked me to crank it up so I did - then about 20 or 30 others, mostly women and kids, turned and grinned as the cat growled.

Boys will be boys when they are with their toys!

Oh - as one of the young ladies in a Range Rover back out of the parking lot, she pulled along side, stopped and took a pic with her iPhone at an angle for emphasis.

Pauluucho (11-26-2021)
Old 05-25-2016, 02:36 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by PolkNole

I cannot emphasize enough that the only reason I got the red carpet treatment and babes on my arms was because I was driving my Jag.
Even with the faceless shot, we can see that. lol (Sorry, just kidding, couldn't resist)

PolkNole (05-25-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Even with the faceless shot, we can see that. lol (Sorry, just kidding, couldn't resist)

Old 05-26-2016, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

A new thing has been happening.... Dealer plate thumbs up. I've seen a Porsche dealer, a Tesla with dealer plates, and another dealer plated car like a Chrysler all look the car up and down on the road and BIG thumbs up. I had a few old Jag's, top down on the road, give big thumbs up. I love that, as it reminds me of my Wrangler wave to other owners.

I've also had 3 convertibles, in traffic, ask to trade. lol I just yelled "VERT LIFE YO" and everyone giggles. lol

Old 05-26-2016, 09:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 606 Likes on 410 Posts

I had a call out from a dump truck at a light this evening. The guy loved the car and asked if I would trade. I asked him how full his tank was. He responded: about half full. I said "Well, never mind, then." Good for a big laugh.

Pauluucho (11-26-2021)
Old 05-28-2016, 08:49 PM
Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

I took my car to VIR this weekend for an HSR event. We attracted quite a bit of attention but nothing too interesting, at least until the end of today. I walked over to the men's room to wash up and asked my wife to pick me up. After taking care of business, I walked over to the driver's side door to take over and she said not now. I figured she just wanted to drive it some more. The truth was that while I was occupied, 3 gentlemen came up to the car and told my wife that she was rocking it well. She told me it would have ruined the moment if I had kicked her out of the driver's seat while her admirer's were watching. Who says women don't want to maintain a certain image?

Pauluucho (11-26-2021)
Old 05-29-2016, 08:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

I can't tell you how many times I look up in my mirror at stop lights and car behind is shooting a photo with their phone, often they have maneuvered through traffic to get behind or alongside the car. Pretty much a Regular experience.

Pauluucho (11-26-2021)
Old 05-29-2016, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jaguny
I can't tell you how many times I look up in my mirror at stop lights and car behind is shooting a photo with their phone, often they have maneuvered through traffic to get behind or alongside the car. Pretty much a Regular experience.
Be scared! they aren't taking photos, they're texting.

Quick Reply: Any funny bystander reactions to share?