Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any funny bystander reactions to share?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 05:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by F'ed Up
Had the car a few weeks. The 2nd day with the car my wife and I went to one of our favorite places for an early dinner after some shopping. The street was pretty quiet (Sunday of July 4th weekend) but as we were going inside I noticed a Bentley GT, 911 Carrera, and an AMG sedan outside a pizza place across the street, and because there was really no one else around, I knew they belonged to three guys sitting at a table outside the pizza place.

After being seated in the restaurant I could see out the window one of the guys crossing the street, walking slowly around the car taking pictures, then around again shooting video.

That never happened with my Saab! Not yet anyway.
Ok, which car Owner took the pictures? My money is on the Bentley owner.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"That never happened with my Saab! Not yet anyway."

Maybe if it catches on fire...
Badumpbump.
You a funny guy.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, which car Owner took the pictures? My money is on the Bentley owner.
I really know but have a feeling you're right.

Old 07-26-2016, 05:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by uncheel
"That never happened with my Saab! Not yet anyway."

Maybe if it catches on fire...
...he said, on a Jaguar forum.

Old 07-26-2016, 05:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Nati
...he said, on a Jaguar forum.
Wouldn't have caught fire if they'd removed the engine cover.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:29 PM
Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

I'm driving on the 101 the other day and some guy in an old beamer is driving next to me on the left lane. He keeps doing something with his hands so I just wave over. He keeps signaling though, both hands almost, his car is starting to zigzag a little bit, and I start to worry he might crash into me to get my attention, so I roll my window down and he yells over "what is that?"
I tell them what it is and he says " sweet car ", I say thanks, and my lane slows down so he goes ahead. End of story. I'm glad I didn't crash.

Old 10-01-2016, 05:29 AM
Received 178 Likes on 107 Posts

Starbucks millennial barista asks if that is my car...
Me: Yeah...
him: Is it is Miata or Fiat?
Me: No, just a jaguar.
him: Oh, yeah they all look the same.
me: yeah (smiling)

The following users liked this post:
mikelanzetta (10-02-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 06:11 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Greggbhill
him: Oh, yeah they all look the same.

James Tootle (10-01-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 08:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
"They all look the same" sounds prejudiced. Lol

I have had too many great experiences in the last few months. At gas stations it seems the world stops.

Anecdotal, but the insane amount of attention I get with the top down dwarfs the looks with it up.

But one interaction stood out, and I think it has got to be in a movie or something. It sounds too familiar....

At a gas station I was filling up, and lots of smiles, etc. But this young outdoorsy dude in a old Cherokee (reminded me of me in my early 20's in a Wrangler). He asked "what were you doing at my age of 21 to end up in that car at your age?"

First, this sort of made me feel old because I am only 40. But those moments are happening and I realize that I am on the other side of things.

Also, it was incredibly fun to be able to tell a younger person, half my age, to constantly save and be as responsible with money as possible, because I was working 6 or 7 days a week and 14-hour days.

I had so little income, it was nearly negative but for my systematic choices. I explained I had ground out in multiple positions at hotels & food & bev, worked my way up, got off property level in the management company work, but had saved up the entire 20 years I had driven my Wrangler.

The only reason I am so thorough with that answer is because if he had asked what I was doing at 20, a few months earlier, it is as near to being a bum with a job as humanly possible. For real. Funny to me.

But, I love his question and I am fairly convinced it is from a recent movie and for some reason I think Leonardo DiCaprio was in it. If any of you know what, let me know, because it seriously struck me as one of the smartest questions I've ever been asked.

The following 3 users liked this post by Uncle Fishbits:
James Tootle (10-01-2016), mikelanzetta (10-02-2016), Pauluucho (11-26-2021)
Old 10-01-2016, 09:49 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
... one of the smartest questions I've ever been asked.
......<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PSxihhBzCjk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The following 2 users liked this post by Unhingd:
Mbourne (10-02-2016), zmoothg (10-02-2016)
Old 10-02-2016, 08:16 AM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

Yesterday I was in the mosh pit at a NOFX (amazing punk band) concert. After one particularly exciting chain of bodies flew into me I ended up on my *** and the contents of my pockets went everywhere. A girl picked up my keys and was holding them up, waiting for someone to claim them (she didn't see where they came from). I told her those were my keys and she handed them back...

As she did the cute girl next to her said: "You drive a Jaguar... damn. You go boy!"

I cracked up.

Uncle Fishbits (10-03-2016)
Old 10-03-2016, 09:40 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I should say, smart question in conjunction with random passerby questions regarding this car. And I saw the scene that I was thinking of, this weekend. In Wolf of Wall Street Jonah Hill asks Leonardo DiCaprio.

I used to have a flask with "One word: plastics" on it. Long lost but in I love that quote. Great clip sir.

Old 10-03-2016, 05:38 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by LobsterClaws
Yesterday I was in the mosh pit at a NOFX (amazing punk band) concert. After one particularly exciting chain of bodies flew into me I ended up on my *** and the contents of my pockets went everywhere. A girl picked up my keys and was holding them up, waiting for someone to claim them (she didn't see where they came from). I told her those were my keys and she handed them back...

As she did the cute girl next to her said: "You drive a Jaguar... damn. You go boy!"

I cracked up.
I am really impressed they are still touring. Same basic lineup? Man. I am old, but I love seeing these bands still together after 25-40 years. It's amazing.

Old 10-03-2016, 08:24 PM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

I am really impressed they are still touring. Same basic lineup? Man. I am old, but I love seeing these bands still together after 25-40 years. It's amazing.
Yep! Same basic lineup! They call themselves the Rolling Stones of Punk Rock :-p

Old 10-03-2016, 08:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

"They all look the same" sounds prejudiced.
I had more than one person asking if this is new Aston Martin from James Bond. No it isn't I answer, but I don't mind when they ask it that way.

Old 10-03-2016, 08:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

He asked "what were you doing at my age of 21 to end up in that car at your age?"
What a great question, with some luck this guy will be driving(?) G-Type in his mid 40s.

Old 10-04-2016, 12:46 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Took a corner and a girl in on coming traffic nearly hit her head on the windshield as she leaned forward to get a better view and mouthed " Holy $hit!"

(I've only had the car a week)

Mbourne (10-04-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 07:24 PM
Received 72 Likes on 27 Posts

So I bought my F at Park Place Jaguar here in the Dallas area. Well Park Place owns several other dealers including Porsche which just happens to be right around the corner from my home (the Jag Dealer is about a 20 minute drive).

So today I just stopped by the Porsche dealer for a quick and convenient car wash (I usually do it by hand myself) since it's owned by the same auto group.

I'm sitting in the lounge having my Cafe Latte and a Porsche owner asks me what I was driving. I told him a 2016 Jaguar F-Type V6S. He said it was beautiful and started asking questions. Engine? HP? etc....

Well the next thing I know I had the other 3 or 4 Porsche owners in the lounge asking questions. I didn't tell them the one thing I love the most about the F-Type is that it's NOT A PORSCHE!!!

The following 3 users liked this post by Canadairjet:
Mbourne (10-04-2016), Pauluucho (11-26-2021), SanDiegoJAG (10-29-2016)
Old 10-19-2016, 07:58 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just got the car ~3 weeks ago and it finally happened...
Left work with the top down and took the very long way home. I forget sometimes that the very long way goes through some areas that may not be used to seeing a car that looks and sounds the way an f-type does...
Anyways, I'm at a red light and I hear in the softest sexiest voice "I really like your car." I turn around and see an old 80's Astrovan in my blindspot full of adults in their ~mid 30's and a decent looking blond in the passenger seat all looking at me. Now I should mention, I don't think I saw a single tooth in that entire car, and they were all smiling! I thanked her politely and then thanked god that the light turned green!

Hilarious looking back at it, not so much sitting there....

Old 10-19-2016, 11:52 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by yugwmb
Just got the car ~3 weeks ago and it finally happened...
Left work with the top down and took the very long way home. I forget sometimes that the very long way goes through some areas that may not be used to seeing a car that looks and sounds the way an f-type does...
Anyways, I'm at a red light and I hear in the softest sexiest voice "I really like your car." I turn around and see an old 80's Astrovan in my blindspot full of adults in their ~mid 30's and a decent looking blond in the passenger seat all looking at me. Now I should mention, I don't think I saw a single tooth in that entire car, and they were all smiling! I thanked her politely and then thanked god that the light turned green!

Hilarious looking back at it, not so much sitting there....
Toothless youngsters? Where the hell are you? Kentucky? lol

Quick Reply: Any funny bystander reactions to share?