F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any funny bystander reactions to share?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 09:28 AM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by zmoothg
Police car pulls up to me, with a patrol car full of officers (4 of them). They signal to me to roll down my window. I am like omg what did I do. I'm thinking they saw me take off at the previous light like a bat out of hell. Once my window was down, some cute police lady in the back yells to me, "Is that an Aston Martin!?" I say "No, its a Jaguar, but many of the design elements come from the Aston Martin". Then she says "That is a sweet *** car, can you rev the engine?". So I rev it. Then she says "That sounds amazing! Love the car!". The traffic light turns green. She rubber necks the whole time as they pull off in front of me.
I mean... it's pretty obvious they wanted to race...

Old 11-26-2016, 05:31 AM
Received 151 Likes on 104 Posts

I was hoping the police lady asked for my number. I could use someone on the inside.

Old 11-26-2016, 10:42 AM
Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

Took delivery of the F-Type last month then immediately went on a vacation. Came back about week and a half ago and went for a final boot one evening around the city into the downtown core before winter arrived and the car put away until spring. It was only about our third time out with the car. And while stopped briefly in traffic on Yonge St., a young woman walking with friends on the sidewalk beside us, shrieks, then rushes out in front of the car, does a quick curtsy, then transitions into a "Spirit of Ecstasy" pose and actually kisses the growler badge on the front bonnet whilst exclaiming how she loves the car. Then back to her gang on the sidewalk cheering. Needless to say, we were on the floor laughing after taking it all in. Definitely a first. Not sure we'll ever top this one. ....

Last edited by RoonieQ; 11-26-2016 at 06:42 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by RoonieQ:
99Gsp (11-28-2016), Marv f-type (11-26-2016), Pauluucho (11-26-2021)
Old 11-28-2016, 03:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3rd day of ownership now, I haven't noticed much besides a few people turning their neck quite a bit to check it out on the highway. then again im pushing an ebony base model haha

Old 12-02-2016, 12:50 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yesterday, I had a female delivery driver give me a fist pump as I drove by and yelled, "when I grow up...I want to be like you"!

The following users liked this post:
Pauluucho (11-26-2021)
Old 12-02-2016, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

A while ago I had an interesting conversation with a hobo at a gas station. He was commenting on similarities between F-type and E-type. Then dropped a comment on how he liked to drive his E-type "in the previous life". I guess we all three tough brakes away from living on the street.

Pauluucho (11-26-2021)
Old 12-02-2016, 01:12 PM
Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

When I was out test driving SUV's and crossovers to replace my Murano I often drove my F-Type. I stopped at a Toyota dealer one Saturday and when I was walking in I noticed a good number of the sales people were walking outside. I didn't think much of it until I asked the receptionist if there was anyone to help me look at a CPO vehicle. She laughed and said "sure, once they're done looking at your car!" I turned around to see the crowd around my Jag. Needless to say, there were a bunch of questions I had to answer when they came back in about performance and how it drives. They all thought it was a great looking vehicle. My favorite question was "are you going to trade it in?" I guess they were trying to figure out who was going to take it out for the appraisal drive! There were looks of disappointment when I shook my head and said "nope".

Pauluucho (11-26-2021)
Old 12-03-2016, 05:22 PM
Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts

Grabbed the only open parking spot, the first spot on the left. A guy drinking a coffee called out to me "that's an end-space car". I replied "it's a two space car". We

Old 12-05-2016, 03:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckingham
Grabbed the only open parking spot, the first spot on the left. A guy drinking a coffee called out to me "that's an end-space car". I replied "it's a two space car". We
We indeed. I am left wanting, hanging, waiting.

=)

I got a nice compliment the other day "I love your car. That color [BRG] is the most handsome car color I've ever seen". I pretended she was saying handsome to me, but I will take whatever compliment I can get.

Also, the sheer rubbernecking joy this car gives people is amazing. Also, the "non-looks" of the Audi, BMW, and Porsche guys who don't want for you to see them looking, and look away REALLY fast right when you catch them. LOL

Also.... in the past 6 months the amount of F-Types on the road in Marin have at least doubled. I was at a light next to a guy, this AM, in a black base vert and we tore off the line together while smiling happily. =)

Still have to say it is still something like 70% 30% women owners over men.

Old 12-05-2016, 04:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 330 Likes on 257 Posts

.....last time I was out in my car a truck full of twentysomethings pulled up beside me at a stoplight and the attractive young girl on the passenger side asked if I was married.....LOL

Hmmmm; maybe it was my rugged good looks?............nah; pretty sure it was the car!

Dave

Pauluucho (11-26-2021)
Old 12-05-2016, 06:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

I think the F-Type count has climbed in this area as well. I actually saw another one last week (first in several months). White vert.

A kid on a skateboard flew by at an intersection and flipped his board up to stop just past the intersection. Gives me a thumbs up and then goes ape$hit jumping up and down, flapping his arms, and cheering. Must be a new thing the kids are doing. lol

Last edited by Unhingd; 12-05-2016 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Driving around the gas station to find an open pump, two gentleman was having a pretty load conversation to determine weather my car was a Jaguar or a Aston Martin. As I was driving off I heard the one guy say you are right it is a Jaguar and passed the other gentleman some money. I thought that was pretty funny that the two gentleman placed a wager on this.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:15 PM
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

It's now been two months since I've put Jessica, my F Type S manual convertible to bed as I live in the salt laden North East. I sure do miss driving this car and so to get my F fix I've resorted to watching u-tube videos and perusing jag forums. Well, after 18 pages of "any funny bystanders reactions" ,it's time to contribute to this thread....
I drove a co worker crazy talking about the jaguar I special ordered months prior. When the car did finally arrived he had to come over and see my new Ftype. His reaction was what I expected as we both took in the sexy lines of this automotive master piece. I Pointed out that my favorite view of F Type S has always been the rear. The duel exhaust tips, the wheel haunches make for what I think is the sexeyist automotive derrie're on the market. It's at this point Matt (my co -worker) takes his phone out and me being an amateur photographer for years I stray behind him to peer over his shoulder and see how he composes the shot.
Much to my surprise it's not an F Type that's visible on his phone but a naked picture of his Smoking Hot girl friend from behind. I cracked up laughing and humbly admitted...his was hotter than mine.💋

Pauluucho (11-26-2021)
Old 01-25-2017, 11:27 AM
Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

A few weeks ago I was walking out of the grocery store, and found a guy on his knees taking photos of my car. When I unlocked the car, he briskly walked away and took off in an Audi TT lol.

This morning I was sitting at a light, looked to my right, and a young guy in a Civic Si was staring at my car. Then he caught my eye, and immediately stared straight ahead.

When my wife drives it, she gets thumbs up from guys. I get ignored by guys. It helps that she's a buxom blonde. I'm just a 200lb man with a beard.

It's cool, I'm happy to talk to people, and appreciate the positive attention. Nothing to be embarassed about!

Pauluucho (11-26-2021)
Old 01-25-2017, 11:43 AM
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Great thread..

It must be the color. For whatever reason, my car is a sausage magnet. A constant stream of guys in parking lots and iPhones on the freeway. Either I'm oblivious or girls don't even notice it. I didn't expect either, so I'm good with the girls, but the sausage love needs to settle down. Lol..

Originally Posted by zmoothg
I was hoping the police lady asked for my number. I could use someone on the inside.
You drive an ftype brother. You ask her!

Pauluucho (11-26-2021)
Old 02-09-2017, 06:31 AM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

Yesterday when my wife returned home, I thought she was in the garage with the door up for an extended time. She came in the house and said there was a policeman in the garage admiring my car and that I should get out there.
He saw the door up, saw the car, and had been admiring it around town, but wanted to see it up close. I offered a ride, but he was in uniform and on-duty, so he declined. I told him come by off-duty sometime and we'd go out. Think I can speed then and use him as a get out of jail free card?

Larry

Pauluucho (11-26-2021)
Old 02-09-2017, 07:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky
Yesterday when my wife returned home, I thought she was in the garage with the door up for an extended time. She came in the house and said there was a policeman in the garage admiring my car and that I should get out there.
He saw the door up, saw the car, and had been admiring it around town, but wanted to see it up close. I offered a ride, but he was in uniform and on-duty, so he declined. I told him come by off-duty sometime and we'd go out. Think I can speed then and use him as a get out of jail free card?

Larry
He will advise you accordingly.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:00 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,110 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Let him drive.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in a small town full of chargers, camaros and vette's and I don't think anyone really notices my car (black R), but the other day this pick up truck pulled up alongside me on the highway, pulls out his digital camera and starts taking rolling pics while he was driving half hanging out his window...

Old 02-09-2017, 10:57 AM
Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Two teenagers in a parking lot asked, "What kind of car is that?" When I told them, one of them turned to the other and said, "See? I told you it wasn't an Audi, ***!"

Quick Reply: Any funny bystander reactions to share?