Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 11:04 AM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

I just might let the cop drive and then do a citizen's arrest! well, maybe not
Larry

Old 02-28-2017, 06:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Many many many that I forget.... and two that I will jam into the "why do people drive crazy around this car" thread.....

But I had a happily dazily stoned looking blue collar dude, late 20's, rolling in a beat up pick up. We're coming up to a stoplight, and he looks over from the right, and starts talking. I tell my wife to roll down the window.

"****'S TIGHT, man".

AWww.. thanks dude!

"THAT **** IS SO GODDAMNED ****ING TIGHT!!!"

It was so funny... he was so nice, so earnest. Totally unfettered and dazed but obviously not confused. He was harmless, but it was obviously a really, really sweet gesture coming from him.

Pop over to the "drive crazy thread" to see the others. LOL!

Oh fine:

I had a guy roll up in a Challenger awhile back, all 49ers red and gold colors, etc. I was in the fast lane, he was #2. He smiled, held up 3 fingers, and started to countdown. At one, he gunned it and I decided, hell... middle of the day no one on the road. I downshifted and hit the gas, and the pull made me feel like I was pulling mach speeds. LOL I quickly regained and went in front of him, but then immediately gave the thumbs up, smiled like "you see we could do this all day" look, and he just howled laughing with his friend, and sped away. It was totally harmless, and not ill advised with road and time of day, traffic load, etc.

But this morning... OH MAN. I am heading up a steep grade in normal morning traffic. Lots of the aggressive BMW and Audi guys in the fast lane, and I am in lane #2 slowly pulling ahead. There's a badass BMW motorcyclist behind me, just driving like a sane dude. It's a beautiful day, first in a few months (rare endless rains here).

So a Prius signals from #2 lane (in front of me), to the #3 lane, and it gives me a WIDE open swath of road to pull ahead, and just cruise past the fast lane folks. I wasn't racing, nor even thinking about "yay passing". I was just driving.

But this Audi A3 pulls agressively from #1 into #2 so he could draft me and pass the other fast lane cars, as well. But he was SO DAMNED FIXATED ON MY CAR (I could see in the rear view, as all this unfolded), that he both didn't signal, nor did he realize he pulled into the lane where the motorcycle was OBVIOUSLY owning and dominating the space the Audi was moving into. The biker pulled into #3 REALLY quickly, with nary a wobble, but then gets back in front of the Audi, looking back with a lovely little Italian chin scrape **** YOU, and then shook his fist in the air at him.

The Audi realizes what he did... aka almost killed a dude.... and backed WAY off. I didn't see him again.

But the biker, about 20 seconds later, comes along side me... he points at me, points at my signals and gives me a thumbs up (I had signaled a number of times on the road with him, and am obviously aware of him a few times, and he saw that), then points back where the audi driver is, points to his helmet, makes a "loco / cuckoo" sign, then points back to what is obviously the F-Type en toto, and gives multiple multiple agressive thumbs up as he speeds onto the Golden Gate Bridge.

It was hilarious. It sums up so much... going back to the thread that I got guff about re: "image". The Audi commercial didn't help this A3 guy drive like someone who is either aware or a gentleman. LOL

I am big into using turn signals, and really big in being overly nice and polite, waving to people for the littlest of things (even if I am just passing with a wide berth).

But it was a nice interaction with the biker. Sorry for the short story. It ends now! =)

The following users liked this post:
DPelletier (03-15-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 06:12 PM
Veteran Member

And a 2nd post.... as to "funny reactions" in general...

In my entire life, I have never seen of, or heard of, a car like ours that has people get out of the way from 100 -200 feet in front of you. It feels like the parting of the Red Sea. I see BMWs tear up behind people, Audis, etc.... and people just block them.

Whenever I am coming up behind people, it's far more rare they don't immediately move over. It's amazing how awesome people are when they see this car, "oh you bet this dude's gonna pass me no matter what, better move".

I see it from the most entitled people, too. Maybe that's anecdotal. ANYHOO.....

loudcry (03-14-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 01:33 PM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

How many of you have had the comment "swap mine *insert some crappy old banger here* for yours"

Burt Gummer (03-03-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 01:41 PM
Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ioneabee
How many of you have had the comment "swap mine *insert some crappy old banger here* for yours"

Uggggh I hate this joke because I've heard it so many times. It was the first comment I got on the car too.

The worst part is that I have to pretend to be amused or else I look like the *******.

#firstwordproblems

Old 03-01-2017, 02:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by jfranks
Uggggh I hate this joke because I've heard it so many times. It was the first comment I got on the car too.

The worst part is that I have to pretend to be amused or else I look like the *******.

#firstwordproblems
My response is always "Throw in a hundred k and it's a deal", regardless of what they're offering.

Old 03-01-2017, 03:29 PM
Received 176 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by jfranks

#firstwordproblems
To paraphrase somebody

Better to look like one than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Old 03-01-2017, 04:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 727 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
And a 2nd post.... as to "funny reactions" in general...

In my entire life, I have never seen of, or heard of, a car like ours that has people get out of the way from 100 -200 feet in front of you. It feels like the parting of the Red Sea. I see BMWs tear up behind people, Audis, etc.... and people just block them.

Whenever I am coming up behind people, it's far more rare they don't immediately move over. It's amazing how awesome people are when they see this car, "oh you bet this dude's gonna pass me no matter what, better move".

I see it from the most entitled people, too. Maybe that's anecdotal. ANYHOO.....

I get the same pull over reaction from cars in front of me. But mostly its because they are thinking "i gotta see this car!" as i pass they invariably give the car a thumbs up. happens almost every time.

Old 03-03-2017, 11:23 PM
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

At a gas station, the guy next to me asked how often I went out to just stare at the car. I responded that I was trying to find a place in my garage for a couch - so I wouldn't have to stand up the whole time I stared at the car...

The following 6 users liked this post by FullChat:
Burt Gummer (03-03-2017), LobsterClaws (03-04-2017), loudcry (03-14-2017), Mbourne (03-05-2017), SanDiegoJAG (03-04-2017), Twhite (03-04-2017) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-14-2017, 09:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I received a negative comment for the first time since I got my F-Type. I was pulling out of a parking spot after picking up some food and a middle aged man walks over, shakes his head and says "That sound is too loud and annoying". Kinda pissed me off, but oh well. Can't impress everyone.

F12guy (03-16-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 10:07 PM
Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by loudcry
I received a negative comment for the first time since I got my F-Type. I was pulling out of a parking spot after picking up some food and a middle aged man walks over, shakes his head and says "That sound is too loud and annoying". Kinda pissed me off, but oh well. Can't impress everyone.
I don't think he's a car guy

Old 03-14-2017, 10:40 PM
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Prius driver. I'm surprised he was able to find his ***** for the minute it took to open his gob.

Old 03-15-2017, 10:05 AM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

Hope you revved it in response.

Old 03-15-2017, 10:07 AM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

The new GF has been riding with me a lot lately and the other day she says..

"Y'know, it's weird watching guys stare at your car the same way they'd stare a hot girl. It's kinda creepy sometimes."

Yup, and my ego loves it.

The following 3 users liked this post by LobsterClaws:
Burt Gummer (03-16-2017), FullChat (03-16-2017), hwa23 (04-04-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 01:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts
Angry

Next time tell him the Terminator's response to "Hey Buddy, got a dead cat in there or what?"

loudcry (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by LobsterClaws
The new GF has been riding with me a lot lately and the other day she says..

"Y'know, it's weird watching guys stare at your car the same way they'd stare a hot girl. It's kinda creepy sometimes."

Yup, and my ego loves it.
It *is* straight up creepy. Sometimes I find myself forcibly ignoring BMW M drivers because they are stalk-y, a bit.

But my wife's take, after seeing old guys, kids, etc, is "Your car makes so many people happy".

I like that take, because it's true. It reminds me of my BRG '95 YJ Wrangler, with a tan hard top.... little kids stare and point and there's something iconic about it. There's history and legacy to a vehicle like that.

I think what we're all realizing, easily, is that the F-Type is one of the most iconic cars in modern car history. It's wild. It's the first make of car, correct me if I am wrong, that has truly and properly paid tribute to it's fore-bearers, and is a perfect successor to a legacy brand and its image.

The following 2 users liked this post by Uncle Fishbits:
F12guy (03-16-2017), Mbourne (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 01:10 PM
Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
It *is* straight up creepy. Sometimes I find myself forcibly ignoring BMW M drivers because they are stalk-y, a bit.

But my wife's take, after seeing old guys, kids, etc, is "Your car makes so many people happy".

I like that take, because it's true. It reminds me of my BRG '95 YJ Wrangler, with a tan hard top.... little kids stare and point and there's something iconic about it. There's history and legacy to a vehicle like that.

I think what we're all realizing, easily, is that the F-Type is one of the most iconic cars in modern car history. It's wild. It's the first make of car, correct me if I am wrong, that has truly and properly paid tribute to it's fore-bearers, and is a perfect successor to a legacy brand and its image.
My wife has noticed that my car makes people happy as well. We went out for lunch one day and she noticed a car of teens looking, waving and recording my car. After leaving lunch she noticed group of boys staring and waving as we rode buy. I was at an area where I had to make a U-turn so I made some noise for them as I drove by the second time. They went wild. M wife has also witnessed adults driving by and giving us a thumbs up or rolling down their windows to compliment the car. I remember being one of those gets that gets excited when seeing some cars. I still do as an adult.

loudcry (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 03:18 PM
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Some random guy saw me walk to my car today. He said, "You were a 10 before I saw the car. But that thing makes you a 20." This is exactly why so many middle-aged people buy sports cars, it automatically doubles our hotness lol.

The following 2 users liked this post by Van1:
Mbourne (03-16-2017), SGT h0llywood (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 05:34 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Oh my...
I was driving through the parking lot of my local grocery store when an older male (probably 65-70) stopped right at the entrance and his jaw dropped to the ground. Standing right next to him was a homeless BLIND man. I couldn't hear what they were saying other than they were gawking in wonder of my car. As I get out (they didn't know I was the driver), I passed next to them to retrieve a shopping cart, they were still standing there talking about the car. The old man says to the blind homeless guy "believe me it is a beautiful car" and the blind homeless man says "yes I can hear it, it sounds beautiful." I didn't say a word but just smiled inside. I did come back outside and give the homeless man $5.

Aside from that, as I was training at my gym, one of the workers calls my name and tells me that there are a bunch of kids in the parking lot taking pictures with my car and posing next to it. As long as they don't touch it I do not mind it at all.

loudcry (03-17-2017)
Old 03-19-2017, 03:09 PM
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Happened to me 10 minutes ago..group of college guys in a van next to me in a stop light.

They were like, "Get it bro!, get it!" and they put out their phones probably to take a video?

And when the green light hit, I zoomed away. Lol.

Quick Reply: Any funny bystander reactions to share?