F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any funny bystander reactions to share?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 01:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Been driving my'95 Wrangler for a few days, and over the weekend.... It gets 1000x the looks and joy that this car does. It might be this area, but the Jeep seems to be a beloved classic at this point.

Old 02-26-2018, 02:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

Maybe in YOUR area, but I had a very nice modded Jeep and an FJ Cruiser and here in OregUn my fellow lumberjacks see 10,000 rigs a day. The F-Type is like an alien flying saucer to folks in these parts. Much worse in the smaller towns. Like God himself is riding into town.

Old 02-26-2018, 02:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

This did make me laugh - thanks for this HalcyonDays!!!

For those that don't need to pretend a pretty young thing gives a damn about THEM or if you are not mommy shopping (95% of men are, under the guise of wanting to 'get laid') there is absolutely nothing wrong with peacocking. Fun and entertaining watching 'girls' do their so, so obvious flirtations with you when you are posing with a wallet.

When I deposit a large check - even a company check - at my bank the lady tellers always flirt up a storm. When just making a small deposit, they don't even look up.

pea·****
ˈpēˌkäk/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: peacocking
display oneself ostentatiously; strut like a peacock.
"he peacocks in front of the full-length mirror"

Originally Posted by HalcyonDays
The Jag, like most signs of wealth help with young women. I learned some time ago, I'm much more attractive when standing next to my wallet.

Last edited by Burt Gummer; 02-26-2018 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts

Here in S.W. Fla. the Jag doesn't get that much attention. What turns the girls heads here is a 4dr. Mercury or Cadillac Town car with lots of room for their walker and a strong bumper to hold the carrier for their motorized scooter.

The following 4 users liked this post by SamtheSham:
Burt Gummer (02-26-2018), DuhCar (02-27-2018), MelG (03-03-2018), ndabunka (03-03-2018)
Old 02-27-2018, 10:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
Maybe in YOUR area, but I had a very nice modded Jeep and an FJ Cruiser and here in OregUn my fellow lumberjacks see 10,000 rigs a day. The F-Type is like an alien flying saucer to folks in these parts. Much worse in the smaller towns. Like God himself is riding into town.
My folks are Beavers, and with family, and work, littering the Oregon countryside, I immediately can see this as being the case. So funny. The flying saucer and God comments are hilarious.

Old 03-03-2018, 11:57 AM
Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

I have been converting my 1000 sf tandem garage/shop in the backyard to my "man cave/garage" where I keep the Jag. I had a contractor over this past week to help me out with some cabinetry work. We walked into the shop and he stops dead in his tracks when he sees the Jag, then turns to pat me on the back with a soft "well done, sir…well done". Have to admit his reaction put a grin on my face.

Old 03-03-2018, 03:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Desert Dawg
I have been converting my 1000 sf tandem garage/shop in the backyard to my "man cave/garage" where I keep the Jag. I had a contractor over this past week to help me out with some cabinetry work. We walked into the shop and he stops dead in his tracks when he sees the Jag, then turns to pat me on the back with a soft "well done, sir…well done". Have to admit his reaction put a grin on my face.
And... the contract price immediately doubled.

The following users liked this post:
Desert Dawg (03-03-2018)
Old 03-03-2018, 03:16 PM
Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
And... the contract price immediately doubled.
If someone comes to our house to quote on something, I always park my car around the corner.

The following users liked this post:
sts-v (03-20-2018)
Old 03-08-2018, 07:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 606 Likes on 410 Posts

I've gotten more than my share of compliments on the F-Type - probably averaging two out of three times out. But, today was a first.

While waiting out front for my wife to pick up something from the grocery store, I got the usual thumbs-up from a passing car, and "sweet machine" from a guy leaving the store. Then, a guy pulls around in his Camry, parks in the space behind me, and walks over to chat. What does he want to talk about? The wind deflector. He's taking the top off his Jeep for the summer and wanted to know if a wind deflector would work well enough that he wouldn't need a hat. Apparently, his wife doesn't like him to have hat-hair. Aside from the obvious - like air flow depends on vehicle design, plus (hint, hint) I was wearing a hat - that's all he wanted to talk about.

About this time, his wife comes out and asks what's up. I told her we were working out a trade for the Jeep. From the look on her face, I believe she could get over the hat hair issue.

The following 2 users liked this post by uncheel:
Burt Gummer (03-09-2018), Don1954 (03-12-2018)
Old 03-18-2018, 08:50 AM
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Parking lot at the grocery store. Guy asks "Is that from Australia?". I said "No, it's a Jaguar.". He replies - "well, I saw the lion in the grill and thought it was from Australia."

Lions in Australia? Oh, man - we forgot to go on Safari last time we were there!

Old 03-18-2018, 05:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 2,380 Posts

Originally Posted by FullChat
Parking lot at the grocery store. Guy asks "Is that from Australia?". I said "No, it's a Jaguar.". He replies - "well, I saw the lion in the grill and thought it was from Australia."

Lions in Australia? Oh, man - we forgot to go on Safari last time we were there!
Heaps of Oz cars with a lion on the grille, they are called Holdens!
A division of GM hence the GM lion.
Sadly production ceased back in October last year.

Old 03-18-2018, 07:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by FullChat

I think he could also have asked if you were from France. Peugeot has a lion for a logo too.

Old 03-19-2018, 05:34 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Talking

Well picked the girlfriend up last Friday form work.....

Her female college said that the noise the car made turned her on!

I love Eastern European girls!!.....Win for the Jagggg.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:36 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by John-Handy
Her female college said that the noise the car made turned her on!
The F-Type is a fairly potent weapon if it can gave that kind of effect on an entire school.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:30 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
The F-Type is a fairly potent weapon if it can gave that kind of effect on an entire school.
haha funny forgive my dodgy spelling!

it was a fist pump moment though!

Old 03-19-2018, 09:56 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by John-Handy

haha funny forgive my dodgy spelling!

it was a fist pump moment though!

Clearly, my spelling ain't that much better. lol

Old 03-20-2018, 08:35 AM
Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

My daughter and I are both graduates of Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Texas. She, being the (sometimes) insufferable princess that she is, can say things that make me shake my head. I traded in a 2016 Challenger SRT for my F-Type. Muscle car, yes, but a nice car. She hated that car. We are season ticket holders for TCU Football. When she first saw the F-Type, her comment was "Thank GOD. Now when we drive to the games, I don't have to wear a bag over my head!"

My neighbor, whom I call "Mrs. Kravitz" saw me pull up in the F-Type and came out jumping and clapping her hands (she apparently learned to drive in a Jaguar in the 60's). "I was wondering how long you were going to hang on to that big ol' turd you were driving." Fine southern woman that she is.

Great crowd I run with, no?

The following 2 users liked this post by green_hornet:
Michael2000 (11-11-2018), ndabunka (03-25-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 11:01 AM
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by DuhCar
If someone comes to our house to quote on something, I always park my car around the corner.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:21 AM
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I had to do it !
Was having diner at and outside table of a restaurant on a very popular street - extremely touristy. I was sitting about 20 foot from the car with the remote opener in my pocket.

As the tourists walked by, some would have their wives/girlfriends stand next to the car for photo's. When they touched their butts to the hood or were just too close, I would reach into my pocket click the door open ( mirrors would open along with the headlights) shocking the unsuspecting tourists thinking the car was alive or someone was in it. After they jumped, they would peek in the windows looking for a driver. Again, I would click the remote ( mirrors close-lights off) and the result was jumping and vacating. Most muttered in a different language and finally left. Facial expressions were priceless, but I spilled my wine chuckling.

The following 3 users liked this post by Magical:
AyyVlogs (04-23-2018), jaguny (03-20-2018), ndabunka (05-08-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 06:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by green_hornet
My daughter and I are both graduates of Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Texas. She, being the (sometimes) insufferable princess that she is, can say things that make me shake my head. I traded in a 2016 Challenger SRT for my F-Type. Muscle car, yes, but a nice car. She hated that car. We are season ticket holders for TCU Football. When she first saw the F-Type, her comment was "Thank GOD. Now when we drive to the games, I don't have to wear a bag over my head!"

My neighbor, whom I call "Mrs. Kravitz" saw me pull up in the F-Type and came out jumping and clapping her hands (she apparently learned to drive in a Jaguar in the 60's). "I was wondering how long you were going to hang on to that big ol' turd you were driving." Fine southern woman that she is.

Great crowd I run with, no?
You are obviously a scholar and a gentleman having stepped up to a Jaguar with the ability to restrain yourself when subjected to the folly and undeserving barbs of the crowd you run with...

Quick Reply: Any funny bystander reactions to share?