Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any funny bystander reactions to share?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 03:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by aldavis
Very kind words Sir. Thank you! Kindness is a good thing...
I'm a west coast dummy that just feels kindness is simple, easier, and fun.
You couldn't believe my surprise in finding out the last 1 year and 5 years that I had no idea a large part of our country is gloriously stupid, and deliberately mean.
Makes no sense to me. Pound your face into the stone wall of oblivion all you want, I'm just going to try to find joy in all the dark corners of existence. LOL

The following 4 users liked this post by Uncle Fishbits:
aldavis (06-18-2021), Jayt2 (06-18-2021), scm (06-18-2021), SouthSider (06-18-2021)
Old 06-18-2021, 04:59 PM
Received 98 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
I'm a west coast dummy that just feels kindness is simple, easier, and fun.
You couldn't believe my surprise in finding out the last 1 year and 5 years that I had no idea a large part of our country is gloriously stupid, and deliberately mean.
Makes no sense to me. Pound your face into the stone wall of oblivion all you want, I'm just going to try to find joy in all the dark corners of existence. LOL
Too many selfish people in the world.

The following 2 users liked this post by SouthSider:
aldavis (06-18-2021), Uncle Fishbits (06-19-2021)
Old 06-18-2021, 09:32 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

What you said! It's as if you read my mind.

Seriously!

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (06-19-2021)
Old 06-20-2021, 07:23 AM
Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

only 702 posts

lol

Old 08-18-2021, 05:29 PM
Received 115 Likes on 66 Posts

Every day, I either get a nice comment, a question, a thumbs up. The best was a middle aged lady walking in to a grocery store. She said "I'm really not into cars but that is gorgeous." Doesn't get much better than that. 😃

Old 08-18-2021, 05:40 PM
BHF
Received 94 Likes on 42 Posts
Default To much

Went out to an after work “strategy session.” My bosses boss saw the F Type and said “Spectacularly beautiful car!” “We pay you to much!”

J444G (09-24-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 08:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 727 Likes on 500 Posts

It’s not often I drive the car without getting a thumbs up, or a great car comment. Today there was a new one. While at a red light in the right lane a car pulled along my drivers side. It was a Subaru Outback and a man was in the passenger seat with his wife driving and someone else in the backseat I couldn’t see. He yells over how much he loves the car and says he will trade me his Subaru, his wife, daughter and a 69 Charger for it…..I of course politely declined since I’m sure the depreciation on his family members was considerable…..

The following 5 users liked this post by Mbourne:
DJS (09-26-2021), RickyJay52 (09-23-2021), scm (09-24-2021), sov211 (09-25-2021), uncheel (09-24-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 11:45 PM
Cgo
Received 233 Likes on 109 Posts

Took mine to its first cars and coffee. Old guys loved it, older women loved it. Lol

Got some interesting comments from younger folks. "Is that a 911 of some sort?"; "What is it?"; "Omg, that's a Jaguar?!"

Lol

2021 F Type R Coupe
Sorrento Yellow, black design package

Fireze22 (09-24-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 06:59 AM
Received 141 Likes on 78 Posts

I drove up to Philly for a concert Tuesday night with a buddy and he got to experience the attention this car pulls. Valet parked it at the hotel and all 3 valet attendants asked "Can I ask what you do?" My buddy got a kick out of that.

We pulled up to a gas station and a woman comes out while I'm pumping some petrol and just starts screaming "OMG, WTF, that is the most beautiful car. Can I come near it?"

Old 09-24-2021, 09:45 AM
Received 368 Likes on 236 Posts

I was at the grocery store a couple of weeks ago and a pretty soccer mom (probably half my age) that was parked next to me said my car was pretty. I thanked her and told her young daughter that my car was painted by Munchkins in Emerald City (it is BRG) and the glitter in the paint was crushed emeralds. She got wide eyed and stepped closer to look at it which in bright sunshine is quite striking with the Xirallic paint. Her mom was cracking up.

The following 3 users liked this post by Dwight Frye:
JacksonvilleJag (09-25-2021), scm (09-24-2021), uncheel (09-24-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbourne
I’m sure the depreciation on his family members was considerable…..
You got a pretty considerable chuckle out of this guy. Quite good. Also, there's something really special about the legacy of this car and that a fair amount of interactions are people wanting to tell the story of about their father or mother or someone in the distant past who influenced them about loving automobiles because of a jaguar. Always fun to hear those stories.

Mbourne (09-24-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 262 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Dwight Frye
I was at the grocery store a couple of weeks ago and a pretty soccer mom (probably half my age) that was parked next to me said my car was pretty. I thanked her and told her young daughter that my car was painted by Munchkins in Emerald City (it is BRG) and the glitter in the paint was crushed emeralds. She got wide eyed and stepped closer to look at it which in bright sunshine is quite striking with the Xirallic paint. Her mom was cracking up.

Old 09-24-2021, 12:16 PM
Received 96 Likes on 50 Posts

I was driving slowly through a neighborhood this week and I could see two young boys, with their mom right behind them, riding their bikes on the sidewalk coming my way. When I got about 100 feet away, the older boy, maybe 5 years old, sees me coming, takes his feet off his pedals and Flintstone stops his bike. His little brother, maybe 3, stops next to him. They both stared at the car as I drove up. I gave them a wave as I drove by. Their heads followed the car until I was long passed them. I could see Mom smile and shake here head. I wanted to stop and tell her that "for some of us, its starts young!"

Old 09-24-2021, 02:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 606 Likes on 410 Posts

I was putting groceries in the trunk yesterday when a man and his young son (maybe 7-8) were coming out of the store.
The kid got suddenly excited and said "Dad, Dad, look at the neat Jaguar." His Dad couldn't help grinning at bit and I
told him in a very sincere voice, "You've raised him well." Turning back to the boy, I thanked him and asked if he'd like
to hear the cat roar. After an enthusiastic response, I ask him if he'd like to MAKE the cat roar. Even better. So, I climbed
in, put my foot on the brake, and showed him the heartbeat in the starter button. When I said to press the button, his
eyes lit up and he when crazy when it fired up. I think I made his day and he certainly made mine.

The following 3 users liked this post by uncheel:
19FRG (09-25-2021), Mbourne (09-24-2021), scm (09-24-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 05:30 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Cgo
Took mine to its first cars and coffee. Old guys loved it, older women loved it. Lol

Got some interesting comments from younger folks. "Is that a 911 of some sort?"; "What is it?"; "Omg, that's a Jaguar?!"

Lol

2021 F Type R Coupe
Sorrento Yellow, black design package
A 911? Wow... Never with those headlights 🙄

Old 09-25-2021, 08:38 AM
Received 368 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
You got a pretty considerable chuckle out of this guy. Quite good. Also, there's something really special about the legacy of this car and that a fair amount of interactions are people wanting to tell the story of about their father or mother or someone in the distant past who influenced them about loving automobiles because of a jaguar. Always fun to hear those stories.
The day I took delivery of my car I stopped at the Post Office on the way home to pick up my mail. I had three compliments and I hadn't even been home with it yet. One guy proceeded to tell me about when he was a little kid his grandfather had an XKE convertible and when he would go for a ride in it he would stand up on the passenger seat and hold onto the top of the windshield. You'd get arrested for that today !

I think a lot of people who don't know much about cars know of the romance and cache related to Jaguars. A couple of people who have asked what kind of car it is have gotten a big smile on their face when I tell them it is a Jaguar.

Old 09-26-2021, 10:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

Have owned 50+ cars and none have garnered the attention of the F-Type. The other day - "Wow what a car! You just got her???" ........ No, she is six years old.

uncheel (09-30-2021)
Old 09-28-2021, 10:36 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

This was right after I got mine, but still a good story. I had literally had it for about a week when I took it into get it detailed at my buddies shop. He was having his 20th anniversary party that same day, so when I got there the lot was full. I ended up parking a few buildings down towards the entrance to the lot. After an hour or so of chatting with some other people, I hear my name and the word Jaguar on the other side of the shop. A lady, probably in her late 50's, walks over and says "Is that your F-Type". I told her it was and she proceeded to tell me that was her dream car. A white, convertible F-Type. Needless to say, I was flattered.

I asked her if she wanted to drive it and she politely declined saying that she had a few glasses of wine and wouldn't be comfortable driving someone else's car. So I asked her if she wanted to go for a ride. Her eyes lit up and she said "Would you mind?". So we jumped in the car, dropped the top and I took her for a ride. Another street over from where the shop sits is a few warehouses and no house. Took her around the corner and introduced her to the dynamic launch.

She just kept saying "Wow, Wow, This is Incredible, Wow" over and over again while we drove back to the shop. She got out of the car, must have thanked me 5 times and literally just kept saying Wow. She walked over to her vehicle, got it, sat there for about 5 minutes just staring at the car and then left.

My buddy that owns the shop walks over and said "She didn't even say Bye". "I've known her forever, I can't believe she didn't say Bye". I had to explain to him that she was a little distracted and must have forgot.

Anyway, it was bad *** to not only know that I owned someone's dream car, but had the opportunity to give them a ride in it.

The following 2 users liked this post by Spyderturbo007:
J444G (09-28-2021), scm (09-28-2021)
Old 09-28-2021, 10:36 AM
Received 140 Likes on 86 Posts

Just finished a pretty long European tour and ticked off quite a few of the finest roads out there... Route Napoleon, Col de Turini, the "wild" highway along the Italian riviera, the SS222 through central Tuscany, the roads along lake Como, some of the best Swiss passes like Furka (Goldfinger! ) and Grimsel. Also finished off with Route des Cretes in France on the way home yesterday. Needless to say got quite a few positive reactions on the car during that trip.

Anyways, yesterday at one of my favourite spots on Route des Cretes, one of the peaks, there's just me and a few other persons. After a while a biker who's been photographing his nice black bike walks it over to my car, parks it right next to my car and wants to take pics of them together. Turned out he was a local French bike and car fanatic and we ended up having a long chat. "Magnifique" and "Sublime" were some of the words he used to describe the F-Type. I don't know much about bikes but he seemed to have a nice one. Just got a crappy phone shot myself and his artsy photos were surely much better.

J444G (09-28-2021)
Old 10-13-2021, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

The one time you wouldn't want to be parking an F-Type.

Quick Reply: Any funny bystander reactions to share?