F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any funny bystander reactions to share?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2024, 11:03 PM
Received 202 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulBarrrera
DMeisterYou hit the nail on the head. I didn't have the time to waste on arrogance.
If we are speaking of economics, I have spent the past 50 years studying economics and finance in great depth. If we are speaking of health care, I am a retired physician with 45 years of practice experience. Do you think there might be a chance that I might know what I am talking about?

Yes, I speak with confidence but that's what you do if you believe in what you are putting forth. The subject-matter I addressed was incredibly basic. Now I get that most people are woefully ignorant when it comes to both of these subjects, but that's not my issue. Instead of worrying about whether I come across as being arrogant or not, why not challenge me for what I was saying? Wouldn't that make more sense?

And finally [and the reason I decided to die on this hill], can you imagine there being a thread on the Ferrari forum about people who come up to them and say how nice their cars are? I was on a couple of Porsche lists for decades and never saw anything like that. I get that people love nice cars and do all the things they do, but what's the deal with people telling other people about it [unless it was something crazy]? It would be like starting a thread on all the looks you get from other guys when you take your nice looking girlfriend/wife out. It just seems pretty lame to me. Whatever.

The shame of it is that there are probably a bunch of people here who would be really interesting to hear from but they are afraid to post anything that might hurt your feelings. If the content of this forum is hurting your feelings, then I wish you the best of luck because it appears as if life is about to get quite real, real soon. And reality could care less about your feelings.

Old 08-17-2024, 04:11 AM
Received 158 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Jayt2
Can we pleeeeze return to the thread title??????????
We can try…My apologies…It is starting to get ridiculous now for sure…

Old 08-17-2024, 09:51 AM
Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by synthesis
If we are speaking of economics, I have spent the past 50 years studying economics and finance in great depth. If we are speaking of health care, I am a retired physician with 45 years of practice experience. Do you think there might be a chance that I might know what I am talking about?

Yes, I speak with confidence but that's what you do if you believe in what you are putting forth. The subject-matter I addressed was incredibly basic. Now I get that most people are woefully ignorant when it comes to both of these subjects, but that's not my issue. Instead of worrying about whether I come across as being arrogant or not, why not challenge me for what I was saying? Wouldn't that make more sense?

And finally [and the reason I decided to die on this hill], can you imagine there being a thread on the Ferrari forum about people who come up to them and say how nice their cars are? I was on a couple of Porsche lists for decades and never saw anything like that. I get that people love nice cars and do all the things they do, but what's the deal with people telling other people about it [unless it was something crazy]? It would be like starting a thread on all the looks you get from other guys when you take your nice looking girlfriend/wife out. It just seems pretty lame to me. Whatever.

The shame of it is that there are probably a bunch of people here who would be really interesting to hear from but they are afraid to post anything that might hurt your feelings. If the content of this forum is hurting your feelings, then I wish you the best of luck because it appears as if life is about to get quite real, real soon. And reality could care less about your feelings.
I am underwhelmed by someone who claims 50 years of studying economics and even less by having a 45-year practice. I have sucessfully owned fine-dining restaurants, nightclubs and other businesses over the last 50 years that most-often, catered to physicians and other so-called elites, some of whom carried their arrogance and self-importance with the same manners as a drug dealer with a ho at his side while driving around in his pimped-out ride. Many of them had no capability of understanding that most people didn't share their similar levels of perceived social impact. One can easily imagine the bedside manner both exhibit while dealing with their Tricks/Johns/Patients. We laughed at their demands and expectations of special attention to their overbearing opinions or positions on anything or everything. And if you indicate disgreement with them, you may well get challenged to a verbal/physical action because you dissed them. If someone chooses to die on a certain hill because they are butt-hurt, go for it and buh bye..........just sayin'. For my part, I'm done with this convo. Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.

Last edited by PaulBarrrera; 08-17-2024 at 10:03 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by PaulBarrrera:
DMeister (08-17-2024), J444G (08-17-2024), RGPV6S (08-17-2024), SouthSider (08-17-2024)
Old 08-17-2024, 09:59 AM
Received 202 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by DMeister
We can try…My apologies…It is starting to get ridiculous now for sure…
So I was at the gas station last week, pulled up to the pump and everybody who was pumping gas stopped and ran over to look at my car. Not only that but there's a restaurant next door and about thirty people came out of the restaurant to look at my car, as well.

People were in awe of what a beautiful car I had and said things like, "You must be a very special person to have such a nice car." Several women made interesting proposals to me because they said I must be quite a guy to drive such an impressive car! Just then, three different mobile TV vans arrived to do on the spot live interviews with me. They said they had stopped their regularly scheduled programming so they could show all their viewers a live Jaguar F Type.

After all that, a bright light shown from the heavens and the Lord Himself appeared and said, "I cannot compete with somebody who drives a F Type." Handing His crown over to me, he took a knee and bowed three times to the car. He felt His work was now complete and that the Universe was Whole.

It's been real, folks. Good luck to you all and enjoy your cars.

Old 08-17-2024, 10:41 AM

So I was at the gas station last week, pulled up to the pump and everybody who was pumping gas stopped and ran over to look at my car. Not only that but there's a restaurant next door and about thirty people came out of the restaurant to look at my car, as well.

People were in awe of what a beautiful car I had and said things like, "You must be a very special person to have such a nice car." Several women made interesting proposals to me because they said I must be quite a guy to drive such an impressive car! Just then, three different mobile TV vans arrived to do on the spot live interviews with me. They said they had stopped their regularly scheduled programming so they could show all their viewers a live Jaguar F Type.

After all that, a bright light shown from the heavens and the Lord Himself appeared and said, "I cannot compete with somebody who drives a F Type." Handing His crown over to me, he took a knee and bowed three times to the car. He felt His work was now complete and that the Universe was Whole.

This thread has been on this forum since Christ was a Cowboy. Far before my time, or that of likely half the others posting on it. I didn’t start the thread, I just engaged in it because it was here, to have a little fun with the folks on here who are engaging, etc…Not unlike many others around here I would suspect…

It is unbelievable the behaviour I have seen on this forum from you in the short time I’ve been here when I really sit and think of it. It’s really hard not to notice. Arrogance, misogyny towards woman, etc…It’s like you can’t help yourself…Because you are who you are…Not a very nice person from what I can see…

Additionally, that weird thread of yours that I referenced above…That one, quite frankly, showed me that you likely have some problems that you need to deal with. I think you selling your F-Type (as you mentioned you might do I believe) will likely be the best thing you could ever do for yourself and your bird cage. It is not doing anything good for you to be driving a vehicle like this (see that thread of yours I mentioned for more info).

Regardless, at this point the following is clear:

1) You have stated that you think this whole thread is completely ridiculous, to point where it is almost beneath you or something (surprise surprise, what isn’t probably)…
2) With #1 in mind I feel you are only present in this thread at this point to harass people. In case you haven’t noticed people are getting tired of being harassed and condescended to.

With the above 2 points in mind I would politely ask that you do not post here in this thread again. If you do the only logical thing to be done at that point is to have the moderators address this. Your goal is controversy only. It is clear. What else could it be at this point? The conversation in here at this point is about you and your arrogance towards others. You like to distract from this with other nonsense, but this is literally the only thing we’re really talking about at this point: You and your behaviour.

For someone who claims to have the background, education, and astuteness about the world that you do, to me that makes your behaviour around this forum at times all that much more shameful and ridiculous. Sad really.

It doesn’t matter how much wealth, power, or wisdom you claim to have. If you can’t command the basic respect of individuals beyond yourself by treating others well then you literally have nothing in life. Stop acting like an asshat. Plain and simple.

The following 3 users liked this post by DMeister:
J444G (08-17-2024), PaulBarrrera (08-17-2024), RGPV6S (08-17-2024)
Old 08-17-2024, 11:25 AM
Received 99 Likes on 56 Posts

I think it's time for the two of you to swap phone numbers.

Old 08-17-2024, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by SouthSider
I think it's time for the two of you to swap phone numbers.
;-0

Old 08-17-2024, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 376 Likes on 254 Posts

The following 3 users liked this post by RGPV6S:
Badgerman (08-17-2024), PaulBarrrera (08-17-2024), SouthSider (08-17-2024)
Old 08-17-2024, 11:54 AM
Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

RGPV6S:
I see what you did there. Well Played!

Old 08-17-2024, 12:19 PM
Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts

This was my favorite thread on the forum. I vote @Cambo or some other mod to clean this up!

The following 4 users liked this post by J444G:
Jayt2 (08-17-2024), scm (08-17-2024), Sonoman (08-26-2024), uncheel (08-24-2024)
Old 08-24-2024, 04:48 PM

That’s a new one for me, and something a good bud of mine with an Aston Martin warned me about…Happens to him often apparently, but a first for me since getting this thing…

Out on the road today. Kid in a Kia Stinger sees my car. Next thing I know he’s behind me about a foot off my rear bumper I’d say getting all crazy and aggressive. First chance he gets he gets up along side of me.

I just gave him the “get out of here retard” wave…lol…Too old for that crap now ;-0

It actually would be a bit funny if not so dangerous. With any luck I won’t be getting rear ended by one of these guys…

Last edited by DMeister; 08-24-2024 at 04:53 PM.