Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any information on the 2019 F-Type?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 09:54 AM
Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Mike,
I am positive I do not understand this business model. How can you, as a dealer, survive with an allocation of only one? The same question whether that allocation is for one year, one month or even one week.
Believe me it's challenging. The growth of Jaguar Land Rover over the past couple of years has magnified the challenges.

They have scaled back production of F-Type (and other models) in order to keep up with demand of the top sellers, so it's not a question of where are they going.

My advice to anyone wanting a '19 is to secure it now if you can find one as 19.5 production will likely land later in the year, There are still a little over 1200 18MY available in the US with 21 17MY available, so many choices for delivery in time for Spring.

The following 2 users liked this post by MaineJagMike:
Brock (03-24-2018), slojotaa (04-01-2018)
Old 03-23-2018, 08:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 157 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by MaineJagMike
Believe me it's challenging. The growth of Jaguar Land Rover over the past couple of years has magnified the challenges.

They have scaled back production of F-Type (and other models) in order to keep up with demand of the top sellers, so it's not a question of where are they going.

My advice to anyone wanting a '19 is to secure it now if you can find one as 19.5 production will likely land later in the year, There are still a little over 1200 18MY available in the US with 21 17MY available, so many choices for delivery in time for Spring.
THIS actually may have a number of existing F-Type Rs & SVRs owners grin from ear-to-ear as it also means that there will be fewer and fewer vehicles available which might, just might, help keep resale values up. Some of us might just decide to continue to hold onto ours as fewer and fewer options are available in the future.

Old 03-23-2018, 11:23 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Just heard from my dealer

Please below find the latest Jaguar Production update!

The next order call will be for 19.5 MY F-Type.This order call is Expected to take place in April for June/July production and October delivery. Please let me know if you have any questions

Thank you

Same as what MaineJagMike said, is there a possibility Jaguar will not be able to sell me a car? (At least through my local dealer?)

The following users liked this post:
Brock (03-24-2018)
Old 03-24-2018, 11:41 AM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't think Jaguar will be changing the F-type in any significant way until 2020, when it may add a hybrid powertrain. If anything, they'll be looking to go lighter since this is not a very lightweight car considering its all-aluminum construction. Why wait for a 2019 when the 2018s are already available and won't be any different?

Old 03-28-2018, 11:15 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok update!!!!!!!

Was complaining to a a co-worker (Fellow car guy) about the experience so far (As @suaro says, like telling Jokes in prison). He's bought many cars through a big dealer conglomerate north of me, he made a phone call. Someone called me today and said, they'll get me a MY19.5 no problem!!! Im am sooo happy.

I asked the guy, why my local dealer could not get an allocation, and why he is so confident, and he mentioned size of network and "who you know within Jag". He also said had I complained to my friend many months earlier, I'd already be in the car.

He just sent over a purchase agreement and CC authorization form (for the deposit), I already let the original dealer know and the seemed eager to give me my money back (I wasn't that much of a pest, I was just trying to give them 100k of my money).

Anyways, stay tuned. But I"m excited again!!!!

The following users liked this post:
F-Envy (03-29-2018)
Old 03-29-2018, 12:58 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been following your quest for a MY19 F-type with interest as I'm looking for the same and was about to configure a factory order with Stevens Creek Jaguar, I believe the same one you have been using, with assurances that I could get an April build slot. But after several conversations with them I'm skeptical that they will be able to deliver. Would you mind sharing the dealer conglomerate that you are now working with? I'm located in your neck of the woods.

Thanks

Old 03-29-2018, 10:36 AM
Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Build & Price tool now available on Jaguar USA web site!

Old 03-29-2018, 02:29 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default My F-type 4-cylinder Coupe

Hi Gang,

Overview

10/30/2017 I gave my dealer a deposit for a 2018 F-Type coupe.

11/30/2017 I had emailed a question to him. He replied that Jaguar was no long making 2018's and were, instead, making 2019's. But he was not able to access the Jaguar ordering system to change my order to a 2019.

03/02/2018 my dealer FINALLY was able to submit an order for a 2019 F-Type coupe.
Last Amendment 3/29/2019
Build Date: 4/13/2018
Delivery Date (4/27/2018).
Current Status

This from my dealer this morning:
Your F-Type is in production now. Looks like status report shows it’s onto the trim
Common Status Point : Order Being Built
Detailed Status Point : Onto Trim (DDB)
I am not complaining BUT the original info said
Last Amendment Date: 3/29/2019
and today being 3/29/2018, that same date, it is good that I didn't want to make any amendments since it sounds like it is almost done.

Stay tuned,
Bill

Old 03-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 157 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by chowderjag
I don't think Jaguar will be changing the F-type in any significant way until 2020, when it may add a hybrid powertrain. If anything, they'll be looking to go lighter since this is not a very lightweight car considering its all-aluminum construction. Why wait for a 2019 when the 2018s are already available and won't be any different?
They announced the R model is being removed so already a significant change as you have to step all the way up to the SVR for any new orders as no more R are to be made either sometime in the near future or... may have already been halted

Jaguar ?R? models facing the axe | Auto Express

Old 03-31-2018, 12:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

A company that just can't handel success!

Old 03-31-2018, 03:15 PM
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by bjg625
A company that just can't handel success!
This is a most interesting comment. Jaguar IMHO probably would have gone out of business w/o Ford. JLR has flourished under Tata. Sales up 200K to 600K roughly. But they seem to be having a tough time handling the success, as you say. The F-Type which was a brilliant idea has not sold in very good numbers. JLR keeps playing with the F-Type line up to the ultimate confusion of the market place. A new XF comes out which you can't tell from the old one. The XJ is lost in the past. However, the XE is a nice little car even though the technology aspects of the car seem dated (I drove an 18 for two days as a loaner) and the neighbors are wild about the E-Pace. But, I wonder if the success of the company has not in fact outstripped the skills of management. I don't know. I am just glad to see JLR selling cars at the present level.

Old 03-31-2018, 03:25 PM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

Over the years I have found it interesting to compare the pondering of vehicle buyers with the reality of the manufacturers decisions. I am not smart enough to understand the disconnect. If you participate in forums, you would have to conclude that no manufacturer is getting it right. Yet, there are still a lot of them in business and I find it hard to understand how there can be so many trashy vehicles built out there. You must take this with a big grain of salt...my first car was a Corvair.

Larry

Old 03-31-2018, 03:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

We, on the f type forum are probably not driving JLR decisions.

Old 03-31-2018, 04:11 PM
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
But that doesn't make us wrong. A company can do a lot worse than listening to the customers.

Manufacturing cars is a rust belt industry. It hasn't attracted the best and the brightest for a long long time. The automobile companies are large stultifying institutions. If you have ever tried to deal with GM at a corporate level you know it is worse than the government. Thats why two of the big three went BK. I am old enough to remember Henry the Deuce ending argument by saying Yes, but its my name on the building. So I would not discount the ramblings of the Forum members by much.

Don't get me wrong. There have been geniuses in the automobile business. Henry Ford is appropriately compared to Steve Jobs. Will Durant created an empire. Colin Chapman was an artist. Our own Ian Callum does some beautiful work.

But the point is JLR could do better. The F-Type although beautifully conceived was not executed as well as it should have been. It should have been lighter, better equipped, and more plentiful. The ordering process should have not been such a challenge. It could have put the 911 out of business.

Old 03-31-2018, 09:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky
You must take this with a big grain of salt...my first car was a Corvair.
Just because Ralph Nader maligned it, didn't make it a bad car. The Yenko Stinger was one of my favorites. Saw a few Stage IVs successfully campaigned in D-Production a number of years ago.

Old 03-31-2018, 09:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
We as automotive engineers do read the forums of the programs we work on. However, the engineers reading the forums are rarely the ones making decisions. Often the messages of customers are not properly conveyed to those making the decisions, or those making the decisions don't have the interest in the opinions of forum members. Some brands or even vehicle lines within brands do this better than others...

Old 04-01-2018, 05:21 AM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts
Default To digress

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Just because Ralph Nader maligned it, didn't make it a bad car. The Yenko Stinger was one of my favorites. Saw a few Stage IVs successfully campaigned in D-Production a number of years ago.
Actually my second car was also a Corvair, a 1966 Corsa with turbo. That was a nice car using Porsche and Corvette design elements. Sold it when I went in the Navy but wish I still had it.

Larry

Old 04-01-2018, 10:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The brochure is identical to the 2018 brochure I received from my local (US) Jaguar dealer in early March

Old 04-01-2018, 01:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Kemosabe8
The brochure is identical to the 2018 brochure I received from my local (US) Jaguar dealer in early March
You are correct...that is actually the MY 18 brochure (my hard copy actually has "2018" printed just below "Jaguar F-Type" on the front cover).

Old 04-01-2018, 01:55 PM
Received 297 Likes on 165 Posts

Yes but it’s 19MY

Attached Thumbnails Any information on the 2019 F-Type?-45f4b0f8-05c4-4676-aa1e-29dbbc6550bf.png  

Quick Reply: Any information on the 2019 F-Type?