F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any SVR owners here? If so have you tuned it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 04:16 PM
Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts
Default Any SVR owners here? If so have you tuned it?

Hi there

Was wondering if any of the SVR owners here have tuned their cars? If so what did you have done and are you happy with the changes and results?

Old 02-19-2018, 04:39 PM
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

2017 SVR here.
VAP tune, 200 cell cats and lowering springs.
Love it!
Snappier throttle response, louder pipes (on demand), and better looking lowered ride.
Would do it all again in a second. No need for pulleys, yet

Old 02-19-2018, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by mlebofsky
2017 SVR here.
VAP tune, 200 cell cats and lowering springs.
Love it!
Snappier throttle response, louder pipes (on demand), and better looking lowered ride.
Would do it all again in a second. No need for pulleys, yet

Be totally honest, how do the springs impact the ride quality?

You got any power figures for the tune with cats or quarter mile times, does it still pop and bang?

How much louder do the cats make it and do the change the tone at all or does it just get louder?

Old 02-19-2018, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Gibbo205
Be totally honest, how do the springs impact the ride quality?

You got any power figures for the tune with cats or quarter mile times, does it still pop and bang?

How much louder do the cats make it and do the change the tone at all or does it just get louder?
1) Springs - Lower. Can not tell a difference in ride quality.
2) No power figures, but it does feel quicker (for what ever that is worth). The initial lag is definitely removed.
3) Open pipes, way louder. Closed pipes, a little louder. Tone, a little deeper. Pops and crackles (way more) due to the 200 cell cats. I can machine gun it if I want ....

I am working on adding a pump to close the exhaust valves prior to startup, so the initial cold startup flare is tolerable. Currently have to keep the garage door closed so I don't **** off the neighbors on cold morning initial starts. I have the pump mounted where the older model f types used to have a pump (left rear wheel well). Now waiting on a few odds and ends to wire/hook it up in the next couple of weeks.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:10 AM

1) Springs - Lower. Can not tell a difference in ride quality.
2) No power figures, but it does feel quicker (for what ever that is worth). The initial lag is definitely removed.
3) Open pipes, way louder. Closed pipes, a little louder. Tone, a little deeper. Pops and crackles (way more) due to the 200 cell cats. I can machine gun it if I want ....

I am working on adding a pump to close the exhaust valves prior to startup, so the initial cold startup flare is tolerable. Currently have to keep the garage door closed so I don't **** off the neighbors on cold morning initial starts. I have the pump mounted where the older model f types used to have a pump (left rear wheel well). Now waiting on a few odds and ends to wire/hook it up in the next couple of weeks.

1. Interesting, was worried on the AP springs as they are same for all F types from what I can tell and I know SVR softened front and firmed rears for handling, so always being worried changing springs could mess that up and I do push mine hard on the road, am quite often sideways.
2. Sounds good and thank you.
3. Any chance of a cold start video buddy and then when warm the usual rev blips to around 3000rpm?

Old 02-20-2018, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Gibbo205
1. Interesting, was worried on the AP springs as they are same for all F types from what I can tell and I know SVR softened front and firmed rears for handling, so always being worried changing springs could mess that up and I do push mine hard on the road, am quite often sideways.
2. Sounds good and thank you.
3. Any chance of a cold start video buddy and then when warm the usual rev blips to around 3000rpm?
I have listened to dozens and dozens of amateur exhaust recordings on the net - through professional studio headphones and/or monitors. One thing I have learned - it doesn't help much.

I compared mine to a stock SVR, side-by-side. 10 our of 10 people, including me, liked mine better (except for the initial cold start flare-up). Then is was 5 out of 10....

Old 02-20-2018, 09:16 AM

I have listened to dozens and dozens of amateur exhaust recordings on the net - through professional studio headphones and/or monitors. One thing I have learned - it doesn't help much.

I compared mine to a stock SVR, side-by-side. 10 our of 10 people, including me, liked mine better (except for the initial cold start flare-up). Then is was 5 out of 10....
Sounds good to me.

My biggest complaint on the exhaust for me is when your idling or just gently cruising it is too quiet, if the high flow cats add more of an all round rumble when driving gently I'd be very happy.

Of course the SVR sounds epic when at wide open throttle or lifting off, even if this got louder would be fine with me anyway.