F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any thoughts or experiences with remanufatured OEM rims?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 08:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any thoughts or experiences with remanufatured OEM rims?

I was looking at a few styles and see that there are a few companies selling remanufactured and/or refurbished OEM rims. Do any of you have any experiences with them good or bad? Would you trust them to be safe and straight?

Old 09-02-2019, 12:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 608 Likes on 416 Posts

Several friends and I had rims refurbished by this place in Bath, PA. In my case, the did an excellent job both in repair (large gashes) and finishing.

Refinished / Used Factory Alloy Wheels Sales & Repair - Wheel Collision Center

Scroll down on the above LINK and you will see that they have a great lifetime warranty (tho' I never heard of anyone who had issues...EVER).

They seem to have a good selection of OEM F-Type wheels, too.

New & Refinished JAGUAR F,TYPE Wheels/Rims - Wheel Collision Center

Hopefully you can find a local place in Texas.

Old 09-02-2019, 01:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by Yaguara
I was looking at a few styles and se
/ that there are a few companies selling remanufactured and/or refurbished OEM rims. Do any of you have any experiences with them good or bad? Would you trust them to be safe and straight?
Have you tried looking on this forum's "Member Marketplace"?+. I sold my XF wheels to another forum member a few years back. I bought another item from a forum member, although not wheels.

Old 09-02-2019, 03:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,126 Likes on 705 Posts

Just depends on how badly damaged the originals were. But since tire profiles have gotten impractically small with vanity sizing and road repairs are woefully underfunded (but that's a subject for another forum), a whole industry has grown up around aluminum wheel refurbishment. Its quite common now. I bought a set of reconditioned Jaguar Vela's from an Ebay outfit out of Farmindale, New York and they all appeared to be just factory take-offs, probably only had a little curb rash. I've very happy with them. But I've seen horror pictures on the internet of some wheels that the back sides look like somebody put Humpty Dumpty back together again. Another thing some of these places do to keep prices low is they may only have a few different colors and may not match the original exactly which is not a problem when ordering a full set but would be if you needed to replace just one. Probably you just need to do like I did and call on the phone first. Ask the questions and check the reputation of the particular seller before you click the buy it now button.

Old 09-02-2019, 04:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies. Gives me a bit to chew on and research before ordering.