F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any tips for bird poop on a ceramic coated car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2022, 08:50 AM
Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Any tips for bird poop on a ceramic coated car?

I noticed it the next morning so it sat on the car in the garage about 12 hours. I have 2 spots and I wet a microfiber towel and placed on top of the droppings. It essentially wiped right off but of course as bird poop is so acidic it left those marks on the car which are visible from certain angles. I tried a clay bar and moved almost all the one spot but still have the spot on the nose of the car that is still visible. Both of these areas are covered with Xpel and ceramic coated so I know it didn't reach the paint but still want it off.

Old 06-04-2022, 09:04 AM
Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts

Just wash off ( with mild car shampoo ) and then a quick detail finish ( I use chemical guys "spray gloss anti static" ) and the car stays dust free for weeks. It goes on so quickly and with little effort. ( the birds need to be wearing sunglasses to s hit on the car lol.)

Old 06-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 380 Likes on 266 Posts

I am interested in the "spray gloss anti static" but was unable to find the product on the Chemical Guys site.
I am hoping it will help prevent the dust that seems to fom on my clean car overnight in th garage.
It really does seem like a dust magnet!!

Old 06-04-2022, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by CJSJAG
I am interested in the "spray gloss anti static" but was unable to find the product on the Chemical Guys site.
I am hoping it will help prevent the dust that seems to fom on my clean car overnight in th garage.
It really does seem like a dust magnet!!

Is your car ceramic coated? I would love to find something that prevents the dust to a degree. I have the ceramic coating essentially detail spray made specific for my brand coating but like you said dust is all over the car within a day in the garage.

And I "think" the entire outline of bird dropping is now removed. What seemed to work best for me was simply laying a damp microfiber towel on the area and let sit. Seemed to remove everything the that was previously visible.

Old 06-04-2022, 11:54 AM
Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts

Just chemical guys "speed wipe spray , gloss and quick wipe detailer, delivers brilliant shine, cleans, hines and protects anti static formula"

Anti static

Last edited by Ftypedickie1; 06-04-2022 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-04-2022, 12:36 PM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

elbow grease fixes it, nothing fancy required in such a case. then to maintain the coating, you'll need an upkeep spray product which has about 5% of the active ingredient in ceramic coatings.. such as the ones made by carpro, ammonyc, etc. shake the bottle well before using =D

so far i've coated my hood and trunk, i'm being lazy..

forget all the rest of these foofoo 'detailing' products that others have mentioned, they have nothing in specific to do with your problem.

Old 06-04-2022, 04:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 895 Posts

Agree that some products are more staticky than others. I used to use carpro reload, worked fine but within hours of doing it the car would be covered in dust. The one I currently use (Polish angel spraywaxxx (sp?) you just wipe on wipe off, so you arent generating the static by buffing. I thought it repelled dust because it was so good, but I think it is just that it doesnt attract it.

Old 06-05-2022, 06:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 478 Likes on 323 Posts

I used the damp/wet cloth soak then rinsed with water spray from a hose. Had to do some lite polishing compound over the spot as it had sat for 8 hrs. Birds here in S.W. Fla. are not only very accurate with bombing, but eat very acidic food.

Old 06-05-2022, 08:20 PM
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

This may sound like an old wife's tale, but after I stopped laughing when I heard this about 20 years ago, I tried it out and almost eliminated the birds crapping on my car (although it wasn't a Jag, it was a Chrysler!). First thing this very nice elderly woman told me was birds like to crap in water and get confused seeing dark objects below them. My outside, everyday car was black and the next one a very dark grey. Those little *******s were sh*tting on those cars all the time! So, the old broad told me to go to a toy store and buy a rubber snake and put it on the cars hood or roof. It actually did help out, a lot...probably reduced the bird poop bombing 90%.

Old 06-07-2022, 04:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see a lot of comments regarding how dusty the cars get. I purchased a California Duster years ago. It takes less then a min to go over the car and get rid of the dust. The more you use the duster, the better it gets.
Amazon Amazon

Old 06-07-2022, 05:24 PM
Received 98 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Schwartz
I see a lot of comments regarding how dusty the cars get. I purchased a California Duster years ago. It takes less then a min to go over the car and get rid of the dust. The more you use the duster, the better it gets. https://www.amazon.com/California-Ca...4638169&sr=8-6
I agree with you Rob. I have had a few in different sizes over the years. My old duster is used to remove dust under the beds.

Old 06-07-2022, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rob Schwartz
I see a lot of comments regarding how dusty the cars get. I purchased a California Duster years ago. It takes less then a min to go over the car and get rid of the dust. The more you use the duster, the better it gets. https://www.amazon.com/California-Ca...4638169&sr=8-6
I have 2 and used them for years. But the place that ceramic coated the car tells me not to use it on the car.