Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any use to anybody

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 08:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default any use to anybody

I purchased a OBDII programming cable for my f type v8 s from velocity

I didn't own an android phone to upload the map so I had the tuner use his own map so the unit is brand new and now for sale

Minimum 40bhp increase

Bargain at £280 plus delivery

Old 03-27-2015, 01:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

If it's just the cable, why would it be £280?

The map/tune is the thing that costs the money...

Old 03-28-2015, 06:47 AM
Default How it works

No the way it works as follows

The cable when connected to your car then allows you to gain access to the map

Connection to Android

Pre-Requisites:
TGT Flash Interface uses the Android Accessory mode to connect to your mobile phone/tablet.
USB Accessory mode is supported from Android version 4.0
Please check your device user manual to be sure Accessory mode is supported natively, without any adapter cable.
Usually, if you connect your device with the same cable you use to connect the Phone with PC it will work.
Be sure to use only our black adapter cable connected to the TGT Flash interface like in the above picture. If you try to use another one, maybe the accessory mode will not work.

Connection:
Connect the TGT Flash interface to the OBD2 Port on the car, the blue led will start blinking. Now you can connect your phone/tablet,
if the accessory mode works fine you will see on the Android notification area

and after 1 second another message that confirm the connection with accessory mode.

As soon as connection is established, the Android application will start automatically showing interface info.

USB accessory mode support vary a lot from different Android versions and manufacturers,
if you are using a custom firmware on your device be sure it supports accessory mode, because if support files are missing, there is no way to connect it successfully. However we tested some Cyanogen-mod CM11 custom firmwares and those work fine on our devices.
Some settings can affect USB accessory mode connection too:

If you are a developer and your mobile have “USB Debugging” enabled on developer options, some phones/tablet don't enable accessory mode. In this case just turn it off from settings.

TGT Flasher Use:
As soon as you managed the interface connection successfully,
one of the first operations is to register the TGT Flash.

As soon as you enter in the Flash ECU menu for the first time, the SW will ask you the car's Make, this is important since you should select the correct make of your car.

After the Make selection, the interface firmware will be updated in order to work with the car. If you selected the wrong Make, just press back and enter again the flash ECU menu.

ID button will show the ECU info, calibration numbers and VIN.
At first use, the SW will identify the ECU model of your car, only if it's supported will link your interface to the car's VIN number
As soon as the Interface is initialized you will be allowed to press READ button.
For the first ID it's mandatory to have internet connection, the interface initialization and protocol selection are made on our internet servers.

READ button will read your ECU internal firmware/calibration data, it can take several minutes. When reading is completed, the file will be uploaded automatically to your Tuner.

WRITE Button from 1 to 5 are the files you can write to the car.
The files are downloaded to your interface by the selected/branded Tuner, you will see the buttons enabled as soon as file is present and ready to be flashed.
You can flash the files only if the file calibration numbers match the one present on the ID button.

Dealer update
if your car is updated with a newer software number, the TGT Flasher doesn't allow to flash the old files, since they are incompatible with the ECU current software and will crash ECU.

It's mandatory to flash the original file to the car before the dealer update.
In this way the tuner is allowed to delete all the files with the old calibration numbers and you are allowed to read the new original file again.

If the tuner doesn't delete all the files with the old calibration numbers, you will not be allowed to read again the car after the update, and the only solution is to virgin the interface from tuner desktop.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:15 AM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

If this is a For Sale advertisement its in the wrong place and would normally be moved/deleted, but I'm curious as to what you actually have here so it's open for discussion, for now...

Old 03-28-2015, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Cambo351
If this is a For Sale advertisement its in the wrong place and would normally be moved/deleted, but I'm curious as to what you actually have here so it's open for discussion, for now...
Appreciate that as yes I agree it should be moved to the sale section
Pure and simply I'm lost when it comes to the technical side of things so when I didn't have an android device it was the excuse I needed to get the tuner use his own map

Clever bit of kit for someone to increase the power on their v8

Appreciate you leaving it for now as it would be great to get the feedback from the person who uses it

Old 03-28-2015, 08:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

Based on that description, what you pay for is the right to access their servers using the TGT Flash Interface software app loaded onto an android phone. OBD2 to USB cables are about £5, so to be worth the price you ask, you will need to include the software key information that allows you to load the TGT Flash Interface software onto an android phone and connect to their servers. It's probably single use though so...

Old 03-28-2015, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by F-typical
Based on that description, what you pay bfor is the right to access their servers using the TGT Flash Interface software app loaded onto an android phone. OBD2 to USB cables are about £5, so to be worth the price you ask, you will need to include the software key information that allows you to load the TGT Flash Interface software onto an android phone and connect to their servers. It's probably single use though so...
I hope your wrong as the price of these with the pulley is $800 off of ebay and the connector is what you get
When you connect to the car with the device it registers then so everything you need is built within the cable
Stuart at velocity is a top man and was super helpful with the purchase and the instructions for the pulley fittment and will no doubts help anyone with this