F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any word on new JCNA discounts or factory incentives?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2015 | 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by JarodL
So how did you guys get the discount? Just tell the sales rep there is a 2,500 jcna discount and provide your member id? Did you have to provide anything else to them?
Pretty much. They looked it up on the computer to find the discount program to verify, but yes that was pretty much it. Was a bit more to it in my case as I had to apply and wait for the JCNA number to be issued, and they had to figure out how to get the PIN since they'd never done one of those before, but it all worked out in the end.

Old 06-13-2015 | 03:25 PM
|

Good to know. I already have my jcna number, so I think that should make it a little easier. I thought the pin for the discount was your member number?

Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by Merlin
Pretty much. They looked it up on the computer to find the discount program to verify, but yes that was pretty much it. Was a bit more to it in my case as I had to apply and wait for the JCNA number to be issued, and they had to figure out how to get the PIN since they'd never done one of those before, but it all worked out in the end.

Old 06-13-2015 | 03:29 PM

Good to know. I already have my jcna number, so I think that should make it a little easier. I thought the pin for the discount was your member number?
From what I'm told, the dealer uses the member number when calling into the Jaguar retail ops number to get a PIN, which is then put on a form that they fill out and submit for reimbursement.

Thanks for the help.
No worries. Happy to help.

The following 2 users liked this post by Merlin:
MagnumPI (06-22-2015), Unhingd (06-13-2015)
Old 07-18-2015 | 05:05 PM
Veteran Member

I can confirm that JSOB15-37R works for MY 2016 cars. Dealer called me today to let me know that he had finally been issued the pin and he needed me to reissue a new check for $2500 plus 6% sales tax less than the first check. JCNA is still publishing that it is only good for MY14 & 15. Took me just 30 minutes to run over to swap checks in case they want to change their minds.

Last edited by Unhingd; 07-18-2015 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-19-2015 | 06:39 PM

Does anyone know whether these discounts would apply to Canadian purchases?

I notice that it says "Market: US" at the top of the document but it also says (under eligibility) that it is available to ""all Authorized Jaguar North America Retailers".
[INDENT]**EDIT*** just found this notation in another thread by PD2911:
To our friends in Canada and Mexico I am sorry but I did ask--at this time this is just the US

Last edited by bb_sam; 07-19-2015 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-19-2015 | 07:23 PM

I am a little confused hope to have my 2016 F Type R around Sept what exactly to I neeed to do or join to take advantage of this?
thanks
Marty

Old 07-19-2015 | 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by martybmw
I am a little confused hope to have my 2016 F Type R around Sept what exactly to I neeed to do or join to take advantage of this?
thanks
Marty
You need to join the Jaguar Clubs of North America (JCNA) and be assigned a membership ID. You then take that membership ID to your dealer. Once verified they turn that into a $2,500 cash rebate (or discount) for your vehicle.

You can join either as an "at large" member via the JCNA national website, or you can join your local JCNA chapter (the latter is usually the better idea since it gets you into the local club activities too.)

Old 07-19-2015 | 08:01 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bb_sam
Does anyone know whether these discounts would apply to Canadian purchases?

I notice that it says "Market: US" at the top of the document but it also says (under eligibility) that it is available to ""all Authorized Jaguar North America Retailers".
[INDENT]**EDIT*** just found this notation in another thread by PD2911:
[INDENT]
You will need to check with a Canadian dealer to confirm, but everything I have seen excludes Canadian sales.

Originally Posted by martybmw
thanks
Marty
Go to Contact | Jaguar Clubs of North America and join JCNA. Once you have your membership number, take it to your dealer along with the Jag Sales & Ops Bulletin number (JSOB 15-37R). With those two numbers your dealer will contact JNA and they will issue the dealer a pin number the dealer will use when they register the sale of the car with JNA. JNA will use that registration to determine how much the dealer is charged for the car. They must pass along that discount to you, independently of any discount you negotiated with the dealer.

Last edited by Unhingd; 07-19-2015 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-21-2015 | 11:25 AM
Veteran Member

Just be aware that dealers are not obligated to participate in the programs being offered by JCNA...

Old 07-21-2015 | 11:58 AM
Default what about the timing?

To what extent is this discount retroactive (if at all)? By that I mean: How long after I take delivery can I "apply" for it? Or do I have to apply for it before delivery? What about joining JCNA? Must that take place before delivery, or can I join & get the discount after. If so, how long after?

I expect to take delivery around Aug 10 and am wondering if there's still time to get the ball rolling.

Thanks.

Last edited by Frenchy; 07-21-2015 at 07:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-21-2015 | 03:18 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Frenchy
To what extent is this discount retroactive (if at all)? By that I mean: How ling after I take delivery can I "apply" for it? Or do I have to apply for it before delivery? What about joining JCNA? Must that take place before delivery, or can I join & get the discount after. If so, how long after?

I expect to take delivery around Aug 10 and am wondering if there's still time to get the ball rolling.

Thanks.
Yes,you must present the dealer with your JCNA number which you'll be assigned as soon as you join. It may take a little time for you to receive your membership card but it's only the number that they'll need to complete the paperwork...so join now!

Old 07-21-2015 | 05:16 PM

To what extent is this discount retroactive (if at all)? By that I mean: How ling after I take delivery can I "apply" for it? Or do I have to apply for it before delivery? What about joining JCNA? Must that take place before delivery, or can I join & get the discount after. If so, how long after?

Thanks.
It takes about a week to get your membership number after application. Once you have that you can take it to the dealership so they can get the rebate process started. Assuming they accept the discount program.

If you've ordered the car but haven't taken delivery yet, you can certainly do so before hand. In fact with that kind of lead time you should be able to get everything ready to go by your delivery date, so when you hand over the check for the car, it is $2,500 lighter.

I don't know if there is a limit for how long after delivery you can get the discount, but more than likely you can do it within 30 days or so. It took a couple weeks after I picked mine up before the paperwork was processed. But I applied the same day as I picked up the car. Had I done so earlier it probably would have gone much faster/smoother.

The following users liked this post:
Frenchy (07-21-2015)
Old 07-21-2015 | 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
Yes,you must present the dealer with your JCNA number which you'll be assigned as soon as you join. It may take a little time for you to receive your membership card but it's only the number that they'll need to complete the paperwork...so join now!
I know about the JCNA number. That was explained in other posts in this thread. My questions were about timing. I'm not sure to which of my questions your "yes" applies.

Old 07-21-2015 | 09:16 PM
Veteran Member

I know about the JCNA number. That was explained in other posts in this thread. My questions were about timing. I'm not sure to which of my questions your "yes" applies.
The dealer must submit the pin when he declares or registers the sale with JNA. In my case, I handed him my membership number a week before I took delivery. He did not act on it but chose to let me give him a check for the full amount, but held on depositing the check or registering the sale with JNA before he got around to getting the pin from them. Once he had the pin (about a week after I took delivery)we swapped checks (the second for $2500 and sales tax less). He does not know what his final net cost is from Jag until he registers the sale. Had he registered the sale without the pin, it would have been too late as the price to him would have been $2500 higher. In short, the pin has to be available at time of sale (spelled delivery) unless your dealer is a bit lax in getting paperwork filed.

Last edited by Unhingd; 07-21-2015 at 09:19 PM.
Old 07-21-2015 | 10:12 PM

That answers my questions, lhoboy. Thanks.

But damn! it's too late for me to join, if I take delivery around Aug 10.

Old 07-21-2015 | 10:31 PM

That answers my questions, lhoboy. Thanks.

But damn! it's too late for me to join, if I take delivery around Aug 10.
No it isn't. Time of sale is the point you accept delivery of the car, sign the final paperwork, and finalize payment. So you have like 3 weeks to sign up and get the JCNA number to your dealership.

Old 07-22-2015 | 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by lhoboy
You will need to check with a Canadian dealer to confirm, but everything I have seen excludes Canadian sales.
Confirmed with my dealership that this discount is not available in Canada. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Old 07-22-2015 | 05:33 AM
Veteran Member

No it isn't. Time of sale is the point you accept delivery of the car, sign the final paperwork, and finalize payment. So you have like 3 weeks to sign up and get the JCNA number to your dealership.
+1. Call JCNA. They will tell you where to send the check. (address may even be on the website) For $2500 you can afford to FedEx it. Let them know it's urgent and what you need it for. They will email your membership number to you as soon as the check arrives if they know you need it for the discount.. For $2500 it's worth delaying accepting delivery for a day or two if the membership number gets delayed for any reason.

Old 07-22-2015 | 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by lhoboy
+1. Call JCNA. They will tell you where to send the check. (address may even be on the website) For $2500 you can afford to FedEx it. Let them know it's urgent and what you need it for. They will email your membership number to you as soon as the check arrives if they know you need it for the discount.. For $2500 it's worth delaying accepting delivery for a day or two if the membership number gets delayed for any reason.
If you sign up at a local chapter it should generally only take a couple business days to process your membership. If you sign up on the national website, it could take a few days longer. Either way you have time, but you should move quickly if you want the discount.

Old 07-22-2015 | 04:44 PM

If you sign up at a local chapter it should generally only take a couple business days to process your membership. If you sign up on the national website, it could take a few days longer. Either way you have time, but you should move quickly if you want the discount.

This has been an informative thread, but I am still unsure of a few things. First who pays the $2500 JCNA discount? Is this all rebate from the factory, or does the dealer have to eat any part of it? If it is all factory money, then why would any dealer not participate?

In my case I negotiated a good deal on my order for a new F-Type, which is scheduled for delivery in early September. But no part of it was the JCNA discount; the subject never came up. What I read earlier was that it had expired on 4/1/12015. So if I go back to him now and say I want the JCNA discount, what can I expect at this point from him? This is a significant amount of cash; I could buy some additional dealer services, or Jaguar extras with that money.

Quick Reply: Any word on new JCNA discounts or factory incentives?