F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any word on new JCNA discounts or factory incentives?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015 | 01:47 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mjm3457
Surprize, I got my JCNA number last night via email. Call it 13 days. Be forewarned and apply early.

Important semantics, discount or rebate? If the JCNA $2500 is a discount then it is applied to the selling price before computing taxes. But if it is a rebate then theoretically it is rebated after the sale, so you pay taxes on the full price, and the $2500 is deducted from that balance. I confess I am not sure, but this sounds like a "factory rebate" to me. The car is not discounted to the dealer, the factory is rebating to JCNA member buyers. The State Tax board will have a say in this through their audit procedure, and I'm sure they will come down on the side of rebate. The dealer is on the hook if they are doing it wrong, and might have to pay up plus a penalty if State Tax doesn't like it. But would they bother to look for such few transactions? Or might they find it through their normal audit procedure?

I will find out how my dealer handles it as I expect to take delivery this week. But, I don't think that any arguments I make will have any leverage at all.
My dealer explained that JLR issues a pin to them when the membership number is provided. That pin is then entered into the sales transaction system that generates the JLR invoice to the dealer that is $2500 less than normal. JLR does not send the dealer a check, they reduce the dealers invoice. Therefore a discount, not a rebate. I was taxed accordingly on the reduced amount.

The following users liked this post:
JgaXkr (08-09-2015)
Old 08-12-2015 | 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by lhoboy
My dealer explained that JLR issues a pin to them when the membership number is provided. That pin is then entered into the sales transaction system that generates the JLR invoice to the dealer that is $2500 less than normal. JLR does not send the dealer a check, they reduce the dealers invoice. Therefore a discount, not a rebate. I was taxed accordingly on the reduced amount.

I took delivery of my new F-Type yesterday; here's what happened. Dealer told me that they have to send a copy of the final bill of sale to Jaguar, confirming that I bought the car. With that info, Jaguar will send me a check for the $2500. So yes, I had to pay taxes on the final sale price and the $2500 is being treated as a rebate after the sale. But I'm good with that. If it weren't for you Forum members, I wouldn't have received it at all. My dealer didn't know anything about it, and this was the first time they processed one. Thanks to all of you who educated me on the JCNA rebate.

Old 08-12-2015 | 10:11 PM

Is there a time frame on getting the rebate as I have not gotten my membership # from the local club and my dealer appears to know know nothing about this program. Also does the price you negotiate on the sale have any impact on this?
thanks
Marty

Old 08-12-2015 | 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by martybmw
Is there a time frame on getting the rebate as I have not gotten my membership # from the local club and my dealer appears to know know nothing about this program. Also does the price you negotiate on the sale have any impact on this?
thanks
Marty
Your JCNA membership number actually comes from the national organization, JCNA, not the local chapter. It took 13 days from my application to receive my number. You give that number to your dealer and he handles it from there. They can call the US Jaguar Distributor/or factory, and they can give him all the info he needs to process the rebate. Mine got that part done in one working day, so that part is fast. This is a factory rebate and is not paid for by the dealer at all, so is not part of your negotiations on sales price. Read other posts on this thread to hear from others who have experience with this, and good luck.

Old 08-13-2015 | 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by lhoboy
JSOB 15-37R is an update that includes MY 2016 cars.
Any link to a .pdf of this document that includes MY 2016 cars?

Old 08-13-2015 | 06:07 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Bret_T
Any link to a .pdf of this document that includes MY 2016 cars?
I couldn't find one, but the original reference to that number was provided by another forum member. My understanding is that the JSOB is identical to the one I posted earlier in this thread, but it includes MY2016 (not just 14 and 15):JSOB 15-37 Obviously it's true since there are now quite a few of us who have taken advantage of it. Keep in mind, it clearly states that dealers may choose not to participate, but that wouldn't make any sense since it is fully funded by JLR.

Last edited by Unhingd; 08-13-2015 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-13-2015 | 06:20 PM

OK, so the dealer should have it. If not, they can find it. I'll wait until the very end of the negotiation to mention it.

Old 08-13-2015 | 06:22 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Bret_T
OK, so the dealer should have it. If not, they can find it. I'll wait until the very end of the negotiation to mention it.
That is the smart thing to do. Otherwise, they'll try to factor it into the deal, and it shouldn't be. It should come off the very best deal you can negotiate with a dealer.