F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone have experience dealing with VIEZU

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2023, 05:33 PM
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
Be aware that if the battery dies during writing, it may brick the ECU. I’d use something more substantial than the CTEK. While chances are you’ll be OK, it would be quite expensive if not.
I’ve got a proper charger as well, I can clip that on instead of the ctek then if it’s that intense on the battery. Cheers for the tip!

Old 03-08-2023, 06:22 PM
Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

A CTEK should be fine.

The following users liked this post:
johnnymiller (03-09-2023)
Old 03-09-2023, 12:30 AM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnymiller
Yes mines an awd as well. My car lives on a ctek battery conditioner in the garage so I’ll just leave that connected while the ecu reads/writes are happening.

Will let you know how I get on when it arrives. Some of the links mention 5 different maps eco, thrill, excite etc. is that the case on the f type and did you have to choose? I kind of just want the most performance oriented map provided it doesn’t introduce any characteristics you wouldn’t want when driving normally on public roads?
i questioned with them the different maps too. There’s only the Thrill me map, the highest power out put tune available on the Ftype. They do give you the classic one too which is your stock tune in case you need to revert to it when taking the car in for a service.

pulling fuse 15 too inside the engine bay also increases the noise of the exhaust at lower rpms too which is nice without being too intrusive or having any drone..

johnnymiller (03-09-2023)
Old 03-09-2023, 10:30 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Originally Posted by mcphill
A CTEK should be fine.
FYI, Jag requires their dealers to have a 55A power supply for this purpose.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6cdk93xue...upply.pdf?dl=0

The following 2 users liked this post by DJS:
johnnymiller (03-09-2023), SVR 575 (03-10-2023)
Old 03-09-2023, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by DJS
FYI, Jag requires their dealers to have a 55A power supply for this purpose.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6cdk93xue...upply.pdf?dl=0
blimey, I’ve got one of those mains chargers that also has a jump starting mode so i know its got a bit of poke, I’ll have a look at the various charging modes on that and see what’s closet to the specs in the the doc you linked to.

I’d rather adopt a cautious approach even though the car is on a CTEK, especially as I’ve got the charger in the garage on a shelf next to the car

Cheers

SVR 575 (03-10-2023)
Old 03-09-2023, 11:09 AM
DJS
Veteran Member

I think 55A is probably overkill for us - I've used a 20A charger. If the battery were at all weak, I would not trust a battery maintainer for this, as it would be expensive to be wrong.

The following 2 users liked this post by DJS:
johnnymiller (03-09-2023), SVR 575 (03-10-2023)
Old 03-09-2023, 11:37 AM
Received 78 Likes on 27 Posts

I can confirm that a CTEK is not guaranteed to be adequate for the Read process. I started to Read the ECU on my car with a fully charged battery and a CTEK attached and only made it about 15 minutes before I got a low voltage warning. I very quickly grabbed my 20A charger and put in on in place of the CTEK. That got me through the rest of the Read process without issue. I hook up the 20A charger before starting any ECU Read/Write processes now. I think that initial warning took at least a few months off of my life.

The following 3 users liked this post by Gearhead01:
johnnymiller (03-09-2023), scm (03-09-2023), SVR 575 (03-10-2023)
Old 03-09-2023, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Gearhead01
I can confirm that a CTEK is not guaranteed to be adequate for the Read process. I started to Read the ECU on my car with a fully charged battery and a CTEK attached and only made it about 15 minutes before I got a low voltage warning. I very quickly grabbed my 20A charger and put in on in place of the CTEK. That got me through the rest of the Read process without issue. I hook up the 20A charger before starting any ECU Read/Write processes now. I think that initial warning took at least a few months off of my life.
wow, i was thinking with a fully conditioned battery and staying plugged into the CTEK it will be fine, i guess you’ve all saved me from making that error so thanks for posting!! Will definitely have the proper charger clipped on before kicking this off then, must be a massive battery draw this read/flash process.

hmm just been in the garage to look, the charger is 12v/13a or in starting mode 120a. I think the CTEK is higher volts but only 5a so I guess current draw of flashing process must overwhelm 5a. I’ll try it at 13a on this charger then with everything else turned off in the car

Last edited by johnnymiller; 03-09-2023 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-09-2023, 01:10 PM

My battery was fully charged with the ctek unit connected. I did get the low voltage warning during the read as the ignition has to be on during the read, but my read stopped before the car shut down. The write took 10 mins.

it was only a suggestion by Viezu to connect a battery charger. You can’t brick the ecu during a read I confirmed this Viezu.

The following 2 users liked this post by munchie:
itsajaaag (03-21-2024), johnnymiller (03-09-2023)
Old 03-09-2023, 09:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 981 Likes on 732 Posts

For the initial read and the first few flashes I didn't have a charger connected at all. I never got a low battery warning in the process, but was driving daily for an hour or more so it was fully charged. I hadn't seen warnings on this, but once I did I connected a charger.

johnnymiller (03-10-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 03:48 PM

Well, the Viezu box of tricks turned up today, car is currently bonnet up in the garage with the charger connected doing a read of the ECU onto the "MyGenius" device.

Mines a P450, it didnt have a 450bhp variant in the list, only 543bhp, 488bhp or SVR 563bhp. i picked 488bhp being the closest and did a "FULL" ECU read as opposed to Partial. said it would take 1hr 45..... will update once i've got a bit further and hopefully got a new map loaded....

The following 2 users liked this post by johnnymiller:
Supersprint Sport Exhausts (03-22-2023), WILDP450R (03-22-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 04:15 PM

I chose that option too for the car type, when I spoke to them about this it didn’t make any difference what model,of Ftype I chose.

im excited for you… 😬

The following 2 users liked this post by munchie:
johnnymiller (03-22-2023), WILDP450R (03-22-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by munchie
I chose that option too for the car type, when I spoke to them about this it didn’t make any difference what model,of Ftype I chose.

im excited for you… 😬
Cheers, ECU read took about an hour probably a bit less (i left it going) with lots of on/off cycles off the dash happening along the way. I've just read the file from the my genius box onto the laptop. it's 2.3mb and sent it to them for them to do what they do....

Hopefully get the file reasonably quickly and go for a trundle at the weekend.... 😀

WILDP450R (03-22-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 04:38 PM

You will have it back first thing tomorrow, the write of the new map is about 10-15 mins.

3 weeks ago I did a standing start without dynamic or dsc trac or sport mode enabled and at 4 degrees Celsius and I swear my blood supply went from my head the acceleration was ferocious. I haven’t tried it in dynamic or sport mode from a standing start for fear of my brain melting under the g’s 😳

Old 03-22-2023, 06:38 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

You will have it back first thing tomorrow, the write of the new map is about 10-15 mins.

3 weeks ago I did a standing start without dynamic or dsc trac or sport mode enabled and at 4 degrees Celsius and I swear my blood supply went from my head the acceleration was ferocious. I haven’t tried it in dynamic or sport mode from a standing start for fear of my brain melting under the g’s 😳
I am salivating reading this post about the power increase to the P450. This time last year is about when I purchased my new 2022 P450 R dynamic AWD convertible. I like the idea of this type of tune to make use of what’s locked up in this car. With this tune alone, how much power will the P450 get? Is it the R 550 hp level or 575-600hp level? Lastly, how do we get this tune and obd device here in U.S.? Seems a little intimidating doing this…are there official dealers in the U.S.? Look forward to driving impressions form you P450 owners with this tune. Safe and fun driving.

Old 03-22-2023, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by WILDP450R
I am salivating reading this post about the power increase to the P450. This time last year is about when I purchased my new 2022 P450 R dynamic AWD convertible. I like the idea of this type of tune to make use of what’s locked up in this car. With this tune alone, how much power will the P450 get? Is it the R 550 hp level or 575-600hp level? Lastly, how do we get this tune and obd device here in U.S.? Seems a little intimidating doing this…are there official dealers in the U.S.? Look forward to driving impressions form you P450 owners with this tune. Safe and fun driving.
The tune is around 598hp at the flywheel and 780nm of torque. It’s the torque which is most noticeable at around 1500 rpm. The gearbox in normal mode does seem to kick down quicker than normal p450 but that may be I reset the gearbox myself using the ignition on and holding down accelerator for 30 seconds.

im sure Viezu would send the tuning device to the US, I’d ask them.

Old 03-22-2023, 06:54 PM
DJS
Veteran Member

Many of us on the forum have used forum sponsor Velocity AP (VAP) for tuning - there are many threads here, and they’re active on the forum. Just an FYI.

johnnymiller (03-23-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 01:50 PM

So i got the file back before 8am this morning. Just loaded it onto the mygenius device. It now has an EXCITEME map available to load which i guess is the main event..... i've emailed them though as i was expecting to also have CLASSICME (the original map) available. i need to be able to put it back to stock for dealer visits etc. Do you get that on yours?

edit: to add they've replied to me saying i only paid for 1 file - so it appears they want me to pay again for the ability to put back the original/stock file. Perhaps i was slightly naive in thinking i wouldnt have to pay to load the original file, but it seems a bit off to me. i'll see what they say

Last edited by johnnymiller; 03-23-2023 at 02:20 PM.
itsajaaag (03-21-2024)
Old 03-23-2023, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by johnnymiller
So i got the file back before 8am this morning. Just loaded it onto the mygenius device. It now has an EXCITEME map available to load which i guess is the main event..... i've emailed them though as i was expecting to also have CLASSICME (the original map) available. i need to be able to put it back to stock for dealer visits etc. Do you get that on yours?
that’s a very good point, I didn’t see that map either for my car. I asked them about it and they said it should be there. I haven’t checked since but I’d be very interested to hear what they say as my car goes into jag in a few weeks for some interior trim work, which whilst they shouldn’t do anything to the ecu I will flash back to stock. I’ll have a look at mine tomorrow with the obd port connected to see if it is or isn’t there.

Edit. Just checked and the original is there my modified file is called thrill me p450-600.

it’s in Work, Writing, Original on the Viezu switch. You should see it with just the usb connection providing the power to the switch.

have you been out in the car yet?

Last edited by munchie; 03-23-2023 at 02:27 PM.
johnnymiller (03-23-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 02:37 PM

that’s a very good point, I didn’t see that map either for my car. I asked them about it and they said it should be there. I haven’t checked since but I’d be very interested to hear what they say as my car goes into jag in a few weeks for some interior trim work, which whilst they shouldn’t do anything to the ecu I will flash back to stock. I’ll have a look at mine tomorrow with the obd port connected to see if it is or isn’t there.

Edit. Just checked and the original is there my modified file is called thrill me p450-600.

it’s in Work, Writing, Original on the Viezu switch. You should see it with just the usb connection providing the power to the switch.

have you been out in the car yet?
haven’t loaded the map and won’t until I’m sure I can put it back, car is due a service in a few weeks.

this all I get under work / write.. I was expecting to also be able to pick original…

Quick Reply: anyone have experience dealing with VIEZU