F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone have experience dealing with VIEZU

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2023, 02:47 PM
Received 852 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by WILDP450R
I am salivating reading this post about the power increase to the P450. This time last year is about when I purchased my new 2022 P450 R dynamic AWD convertible. I like the idea of this type of tune to make use of what’s locked up in this car. With this tune alone, how much power will the P450 get? Is it the R 550 hp level or 575-600hp level? Lastly, how do we get this tune and obd device here in U.S.? Seems a little intimidating doing this…are there official dealers in the U.S.? Look forward to driving impressions form you P450 owners with this tune. Safe and fun driving.
Whereabouts in the USA are you located? We've got an extensive dealer network that can support tuning your vehicle. Over 5000 of these engines tuned and counting

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

The following users liked this post:
WILDP450R (03-24-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 03:12 PM
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by munchie
that’s a very good point, I didn’t see that map either for my car. I asked them about it and they said it should be there. I haven’t checked since but I’d be very interested to hear what they say as my car goes into jag in a few weeks for some interior trim work, which whilst they shouldn’t do anything to the ecu I will flash back to stock. I’ll have a look at mine tomorrow with the obd port connected to see if it is or isn’t there.

Edit. Just checked and the original is there my modified file is called thrill me p450-600.

it’s in Work, Writing, Original on the Viezu switch. You should see it with just the usb connection providing the power to the switch.

have you been out in the car yet?
I'm confused as hell now.... Apparently i only get Exciteme as my car is standard and doesnt have mods like a supercharger.....oh dear.....!

So couple of quesitons for you

1) Is your Device the same as mine a "mygenius"?
2) Do you have other mods (such as a supercharger.... lol). i'm guessing he might have meant the pulley mod...

This is what i've been told (I also asked about why your file has a different name)

"HI
The other person looks to have a V-switch device which is different to what you have.

You have the EXCITEME file as you said the car is not modded. The THRILLME file is for cars that have mods like a supercharger.

MYGFile0 is the original file.

You can always write the original back."

Last edited by johnnymiller; 03-23-2023 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-23-2023, 03:34 PM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

My car is a p450, so 5 litre with supercharger.
This is what I sent them with the file from my car. It is. My Genius Viezu device.

Please find enclosed tuning file.

a. Make: JAGUAR
b. Model: FTYPE P450
c. Engine size: 5000
d. Fuel Type: Petrol
e. Modifications to powertrain: NONE
f. Tuning required: Performance Tuning to 600hp

THE FILE I GOT BACK IS CALLED THRILLME P450-600

Last edited by munchie; 03-23-2023 at 03:43 PM.
johnnymiller (03-23-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by munchie
My car is a p450, so 5 litre with supercharger.
This is what I sent them with the file from my car. It is. My Genius Viezu device.

Please find enclosed tuning file.

a. Make: JAGUAR
b. Model: FTYPE P450
c. Engine size: 5000
d. Fuel Type: Petrol
e. Modifications to powertrain: NONE
f. Tuning required: Performance Tuning to 600hp
thanks

ive gone back to them with this, I’ve lost confidence now that I’ve got the right file here, especially if he thinks a supercharger is a mod on an p450

Old 03-23-2023, 03:53 PM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Chap I conversed with via Viezu technical support was Joshua.

imvoice calls it Predator tuning on My Genius device. Let me know what happens, maybe I have the wrong file…

Last edited by munchie; 03-23-2023 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-23-2023, 04:35 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Haven't you already got the original file that you sent to them? Or isn't it compatible with the writer?

Old 03-23-2023, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by scm
Haven't you already got the original file that you sent to them? Or isn't it compatible with the writer?
the software doesn’t let you upload the original downloaded file to the device, I tried that and it rejects it….

Old 03-23-2023, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by johnnymiller
the software doesn’t let you upload the original downloaded file to the device, I tried that and it rejects it….
Guys, these devices are the same as the ones we use, they are Dimsport MyGenius. You don't need to load the original file onto the device to flash it to the vehicle. The original file is stored on the device even after you have loaded a MOD file. You can flash it to the car at any time, just connect it and select the original.

www.velocityap.com

The following 2 users liked this post by Stuart@VelocityAP:
johnnymiller (03-23-2023), munchie (03-23-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Guys, these devices are the same as the ones we use, they are Dimsport MyGenius. You don't need to load the original file onto the device to flash it to the vehicle. The original file is stored on the device even after you have loaded a MOD file. You can flash it to the car at any time, just connect it and select the original.
Thanks. when I go into work / write on my unit I can only choose the map I was given by viezu. The original is nowhere to be seen that I can find. I’m wondering if the original only becomes selectable once the mod is loaded to the car, so it’s more like a swap in/out process. But I don’t want to discover that isn’t true right before my service is due…

Old 03-23-2023, 05:15 PM

Thanks. when I go into work / write on my unit I can only choose the map I was given by viezu. The original is nowhere to be seen that I can find. I’m wondering if the original only becomes selectable once the mod is loaded to the car, so it’s more like a swap in/out process. But I don’t want to discover that isn’t true right before my service is due…
Once you flash the vehicle, if you reconnect the device it should allow you to select the original. It's literally not possible with these devices, to load a MOD file onto them without having the original included.

www.velocityap.com

Old 03-23-2023, 05:20 PM

Once you flash the vehicle, if you reconnect the device it should allow you to select the original. It's literally not possible with these devices, to load a MOD file onto them without having the original included.
that’s great Stuart, thanks for confirming that part of the process for me. Puts me at ease about loading the file once they’ve confirmed I’ve definitely got the right mod file… 👍

Old 03-23-2023, 05:21 PM

that’s great Stuart, thanks for confirming that part of the process for me. Puts me at ease about loading the file once they’ve confirmed I’ve definitely got the right mod file… 👍
No problem. We go through several hundred of these devices every year so we're pretty familiar with them

www.velocityap.com

Old 03-23-2023, 07:17 PM
Received 440 Likes on 236 Posts

Just another fine example of VAP customer service--helping people work through concerns with a competitor's product. If this doesn't make you understand why so many people on here have used VAP for their tunes, I don't know what will.

The following 2 users liked this post by Thunder Dump:
johnnymiller (03-24-2023), WILDP450R (03-24-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 07:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 980 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder Dump
Just another fine example of VAP customer service--helping people work through concerns with a competitor's product. If this doesn't make you understand why so many people on here have used VAP for their tunes, I don't know what will.
I was thinking the same thing, but you responded more quickly.

johnnymiller (03-24-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 11:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

Don’t buy the cheapest or the one with the most superlative marketing copy. Buy the one with Support guys who know an FType comes with a supercharger as standard.

He’s got a pretty cool name too. 😂👍

—Stuart

Old 03-24-2023, 03:20 AM

I just think they are lacking a bit of documentation around the unit/process. I was also only dealing with their out of hours support guy so to be fair to them let’s see what they say when it’s office hours. I picked viezu as they seem to have a good rep and are only 30 mins from home if I have an issue.

VAP does seem a solid choice though especially
for US based folk where I think that’s the path I would have gone if I were US based.

Old 03-24-2023, 04:19 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

for US based folk where I think that’s the path I would have gone if I were US based.
Maybe modify your location to "Midlands, UK"?

Old 03-24-2023, 04:42 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder Dump
Are there any similar VAP tunes as the VIEZU? When I say similar, just straight tune no pulley,, crank, exhaust, air filter or other mod needed to just get the power boost as with the VIEZU. thnx.

Old 03-24-2023, 04:44 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Whereabouts in the USA are you located? We've got an extensive dealer network that can support tuning your vehicle. Over 5000 of these engines tuned and counting
located in northern Virginia. Does your tune offer the same Hp without doing other mods, pulleys, etc., on the P450.

Old 03-24-2023, 05:28 AM
Received 108 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by WILDP450R
Are there any similar VAP tunes as the VIEZU? When I say similar, just straight tune no pulley,, crank, exhaust, air filter or other mod needed to just get the power boost as with the VIEZU. thnx.
If you take a look at the VAP website then you can decide what sort of tune you want to purchase, with or without pulleys (upper, lower or both). The tune without any change of pulleys takes power up to approx. 605hp and 542ft/lbs torque. AFAIK, those tunes are primarily for stock filters, exhausts etc, but I'm sure VAP will confirm.

EDIT: And just to add, for the UK folks, VAP products are available over here through one of VAP's authorised partners, so there is 'local' support available as well as direct from VAP themselves. For the record, I don't have a VAP tune (yet!) and I don't work for said partner (or anyone else for that matter).

Last edited by Cluck; 03-24-2023 at 05:50 AM.

Quick Reply: anyone have experience dealing with VIEZU