F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone have experience dealing with VIEZU

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2023, 09:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,351 Likes on 1,851 Posts

Your really missing out if you don't install the lower pulley!
So easy it's not even funny! I mean in 45 minutes I installed the lower pulley and the VAP tune.

The upper pulley will give a little more but your now in declining returns so far less HP per $.

Old 03-24-2023, 11:08 AM
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder Dump
Just another fine example of VAP customer service--helping people work through concerns with a competitor's product. If this doesn't make you understand why so many people on here have used VAP for their tunes, I don't know what will.
To be fair to Viezu they phoned me today because they realised they missed out the word pulley to confirm they meant “modifications such as a supercharger pulley” not the supercharger itself and wanted to clear up the confusion.

Also walked me through the process of how it works with regard to reloading the original file should i need to and how it works on the unit, so I’m all good to give it a go this weekend, my confidence has been restored.

Will report back how i get on.

The following 3 users liked this post by johnnymiller:
Supersprint Sport Exhausts (03-24-2023), Turko (03-24-2023), Viezu (03-24-2023)
Old 03-24-2023, 07:19 PM
Received 852 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by WILDP450R
Are there any similar VAP tunes as the VIEZU? When I say similar, just straight tune no pulley,, crank, exhaust, air filter or other mod needed to just get the power boost as with the VIEZU. thnx.
The engines fundamentally are all the same - in any meaningful ways anyway. So we have tuning for the 2014-on 5.0 Supercharged engines, which includes the P450. It's just a detuned version of the same engines that have been fitted since 2018. 605BHP on good quality pump fuels, just the tune - you would just select 'no' for the pulley options. $995, including flashing tool. https://www.velocityap.com/product/j...-fpace-svr-xj-

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

The following users liked this post:
johnnymiller (03-25-2023)
Old 03-24-2023, 08:46 PM
Received 197 Likes on 112 Posts
Default VIEZU tuning Jaguar F-Type R sports car

They have numerous videos specifically on the F Type R sports car. It's obvious, they know their stuff.

The following 2 users liked this post by Turko:
johnnymiller (03-25-2023), Supersprint Sport Exhausts (03-25-2023)
Old 03-26-2023, 05:42 PM

Disappointed that Viezu's post appears to have been removed, I thought it offered a good explanation of their offering, but I guess it must have contravened a forum rule of some form.

Anyway, by way of an update, after they'd called on Friday, explained everything and restored my confidence that I'd got the right map on my unit, I found the time on Saturday to load the map which took about 10 mins. The menu on the MyGenius changes after you've done it and it gives you the option of "ORIGINAL" or "MODIFIED" so you can put it back to standard. That menu wasn't there before I'd written the modified map to the car for the first time, so it updates the unit once it knows you've installed the file, this was my original angst with the file they'd sent me as at that point I couldn't see the menu with ORIGINAL in it.... all sorted now.

Had a chance to go for a drive with it today. It's actually insane that the P450 is hiding all this extra performance in stock form with no other mods needed. When I first got the P450 I thought it was pretty obviously being torque limited, but not slow by any stretch. It was seeing that torque limiting shown on the rolling road graph on Viezu's blog - https://viezu.com/blog/jaguar-f-type...and-remapping/ that made me buy this map/upgrade. I want to stay mechanically standard for the time being, and this seemed like a great thing to do.

With the new map it is so much more urgent without the artificial limits of the P450 map being applied, only had a quick squirt up and down some local A roads but already think as a road car, I almost think it doesn't need anything more in the power department, I'd probably want beefier brakes and handling mods before increasing it any more.

If you're on the fence about this type of upgrade from Viezu/VAP and you've got a P450 I can 100% recommend it for the performance bump it offers for modest spend, you will not be disappointed.

The following 2 users liked this post by johnnymiller:
munchie (03-28-2023), Supersprint Sport Exhausts (03-26-2023)
Old 03-27-2023, 05:19 PM
Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

You know regardless of you putting the oem map back on, that if the dealership wants to they can find that the ecu has been played around with.
If any mapping company tells you otherwise they are lying.

Old 03-28-2023, 09:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,351 Likes on 1,851 Posts

Yes I have found this to be true with an aftermarket scanner and SDD will also record it as well.
Here is what I found:
Non-OEM Tune Code

Now I did have a claim by someone that they could delete that but never any facts just claims?
So maybe someone with enough knowledge could do something to the CCF? Just a wild guess?

Old 03-28-2023, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Timbo
You know regardless of you putting the oem map back on, that if the dealership wants to they can find that the ecu has been played around with.
If any mapping company tells you otherwise they are lying.
I don’t think anyone has claimed it to be undetectable. Every car I’ve ever had mapped has set flags in the ecu to say it had been written to.

Old 03-28-2023, 05:26 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

some tools like cmd flash or some softs or tuners can remove the fault of moded file when flashing the car