F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have an F-Pace SVR and an F-Type? Or moved from an F-Type to an F-Pace SVR?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2019, 02:31 AM
Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

The XE was probably the revelation of the day: I was fairly sure that I'd be impressed, but I was VERY impressed. It might also be that I haven't driven a sedan for years and that they've come a long way. No, I didn't get to drive the V6S, but was taken on a hot lap, and it was clearly an impressive machine. (With me at the wheel) the R seemed to be borderline out of control....but that sweet, sweet, sound. I'm contemplating tossing a coin to decide between an SVR (F-Pace) and (used) F Type (S or R)...probably just let the missus decide as she has good taste (in cars, if not men).

Old 11-29-2019, 02:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,259 Likes on 2,405 Posts

Originally Posted by andrew0068
The XE was probably the revelation of the day: I was fairly sure that I'd be impressed, but I was VERY impressed. It might also be that I haven't driven a sedan for years and that they've come a long way. No, I didn't get to drive the V6S, but was taken on a hot lap, and it was clearly an impressive machine. (With me at the wheel) the R seemed to be borderline out of control....but that sweet, sweet, sound. I'm contemplating tossing a coin to decide between an SVR (F-Pace) and (used) F Type (S or R)...probably just let the missus decide as she has good taste (in cars, if not men).
C'mon Andrew, grow a pair!
If there is one thing you should never let the missus decide it is what car YOU will drive.

Old 11-29-2019, 04:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,305 Likes on 897 Posts

Oh dear, if it gets me in the good books for some snuggling I'll do anything! Luckily my missus loves the XE and loves the F Type. She made it very clear though that the F Pace SVR was not something that she would want to drive, and it wasnt something she saw as a sensible replacement for the F Type. As my daughter put it, "why would you trade your car in for a soccer mum car?". They were like "you only like it for the sound" and I was "yep!".

Old 11-29-2019, 09:50 AM
Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
Oh dear, if it gets me in the good books for some snuggling I'll do anything! Luckily my missus loves the XE and loves the F Type. She made it very clear though that the F Pace SVR was not something that she would want to drive, and it wasnt something she saw as a sensible replacement for the F Type. As my daughter put it, "why would you trade your car in for a soccer mum car?". They were like "you only like it for the sound" and I was "yep!".
Now there is a Honest Man.

Old 11-29-2019, 12:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 262 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by andrew0068
But, it's that blue-that-you-can-see-from-the-moon color.
You mean this color .. left of the arrow..

Old 11-29-2019, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
C'mon Andrew, grow a pair!
If there is one thing you should never let the missus decide it is what car YOU will drive.
LOL, I hear you, but she's got good taste and is more decisive than me. She'll drive it as well. ps. It was her idea to expand the search from an S to an R

Old 11-29-2019, 04:29 PM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Dan_NL
You mean this color .. left of the arrow..

Yes, that's the color

Old 12-01-2019, 02:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

I traded my xe sport for the Fpace SVR and I kept my Ftype R.

The xe sport is a great car to drive and handled extremely well, however I moved back north so decided on the SUV setup.

F Pace SVR is a terrific vehicle as it has quite good acceleration and handles very well, even though I went with the 21" all seasons rather than a 22" performance tire. The interior is really good for my taste and the exhaust note is beautiful and in my opinion better than my Ftype R... more mellow in a way and less raspy (this under hard acceleration)

The F Type has the VAP tune which seems to give it just about enough power and the F Pace SVR could use the same tune. I seem to recall that I posted on this topic awhile ago and now that its some months later; I still really like the F Pace SVR, but they are not really comparable cars as the F type is more of a sports car, including look and feel and less practicality.
Lawrence

The following users liked this post:
BruceTheQuail (12-01-2019)
Old 12-01-2019, 03:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,305 Likes on 897 Posts

I thought it was you that had both...congratulations!

So let's pretend that you have a month of perfect weather and no chores, just daily driving - would each car get more or less equal use or do you have a preference?

Old 12-01-2019, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mulmur
I traded my xe sport for the Fpace SVR and I kept my Ftype R.

The xe sport is a great car to drive and handled extremely well, however I moved back north so decided on the SUV setup.

F Pace SVR is a terrific vehicle as it has quite good acceleration and handles very well, even though I went with the 21" all seasons rather than a 22" performance tire. The interior is really good for my taste and the exhaust note is beautiful and in my opinion better than my Ftype R... more mellow in a way and less raspy (this under hard acceleration)

The F Type has the VAP tune which seems to give it just about enough power and the F Pace SVR could use the same tune. I seem to recall that I posted on this topic awhile ago and now that its some months later; I still really like the F Pace SVR, but they are not really comparable cars as the F type is more of a sports car, including look and feel and less practicality.
Lawrence
Thanks for the detailed response. I drove both the R and F-Pace SVR on a racetrack last week and agree with your sentiments, especially about the sound. I drove them back to back and it was a bit of a blur, but the SVR wasn't a lot slower in a straight line. I came *this* close to buying an SVR on Saturday, but at this stage am still leaning towards buying an F-Type (NB. trading my Boxster for an F-Type and keeping my Audi SQ5 a little longer).

Old 12-02-2019, 05:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Regarding having both to drive in good weather over a period of lets say a couple of months.

Likely the F Pace SVR would be close to 70% as with daily driving, the F type lacks ease of storage space. I would add though that if we are going out in the evening for dinner etc... we usually like the F type as its a bit more fun for sure. When I get a chance to drive on a road not often traveled by others, then mostly the F Type R.

On a long trip its almost a tie as I happen to find both very comfortable, however, again the F Pace SVR has more room for stuff.

About the only things I would change in either car: F pace SVR -- more power / F type R --- replace exhaust with the F Pace SVR setup.
Lawrence

BruceTheQuail (12-02-2019)
Old 06-25-2023, 09:10 PM
Received 179 Likes on 50 Posts

Picked up a 2022 F-Pace SVR last week. Never had I ever thought to have two Jaguars in the fleet, but funny how it turned out that way

The following 2 users liked this post by Lizard:
bk000 (06-29-2023), Thunder Dump (06-25-2023)
Old 06-26-2023, 07:32 AM
Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

I have 2 F-types and tried to purchase an F-pace over a 1-2 month period.. The dealers in my area have very little inventory and I didn't like anything they offered. ( Only black & white vehicles) Finally found one in a different state. The dealer was not wanting to make any deals, upcharged the vehicle, and wanted more money for our local dealer to exchange one. After all the aggravation, I purchased an AUDI !!!

Old 06-26-2023, 12:26 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Lizard
Picked up a 2022 F-Pace SVR last week. Never had I ever thought to have two Jaguars in the fleet, but funny how it turned out that way
Beautiful combo on the F-pace SVR. I'm curious, how much worse are the MPG figures compared to the F-type? That would be my biggest concern getting the F-pace SVR.

Old 06-26-2023, 12:49 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,512 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Originally Posted by ToysARs
Beautiful combo on the F-pace SVR. I'm curious, how much worse are the MPG figures compared to the F-type? That would be my biggest concern getting the F-pace SVR.
If you're worried about fuel consumption you wouldn't be looking at 5 litre V8 Jag!

Old 06-26-2023, 01:07 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by scm
If you're worried about fuel consumption you wouldn't be looking at 5 litre V8 Jag!
I already have a V8 F-type R and its perfectly acceptable for its intent as a weekend warrior. With a SUV, the use case is very different meaning it would have to be an excellent daily driver and for me, a reasonable MPG is an important part of that.

Old 06-26-2023, 08:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 625 Likes on 424 Posts

I have both F-Type and F-Pace, albeit both are S's, not SVR's, but have the same engine. My rule of thumb is that I always drive the F-Type if weather and space requirements permit. Even then...

When I picked up this tree from the nursery, I recall sharing a good laugh with the woman parked next to me who
was struggling to load a similar-sized plant into her Accord. I told her she should have gotten a more practical car.

Now, if I could get the top down on the F-Pace....

Last edited by uncheel; 06-27-2023 at 02:05 PM.
bk000 (06-29-2023)
Old 06-26-2023, 10:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 445 Likes on 391 Posts

On a couple of hour highway run (120 miles or so) I get over 27mpg on the F Type SVR and about 25 on the F Pace SVR. According to the app

ToysARs (06-28-2023)
Old 06-27-2023, 07:20 AM
Received 179 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by ToysARs
I understand what you mean. I had actually planned on getting an electric/hybrid SUV for my daily for the same reason. However, after driving the refreshed f-pace SVR, it all changed. I have driven the car for about 350 mile now, all city and twsisty two lanes roads driving and I saw 16.8 mpg. Not great, but good enough for me.

Originally Posted by scm
I came to this conclusion too when I realized that my more economic 6 cyclinder truck never got driven when I had it. I end up daily the more fun cars anyway, regardless of mpg.