F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have their own footage of... well.. anything? Driving, racing, etc?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 01:56 AM
Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
The Waylens OBD seems to trigger our electrical system glitch... whenever the OBD port is accessed, it drains the battery due to interior light system not fully powering down. I wonder if something electrical like this would be considered something they could fix, under warranty?
Not speaking from any position of knowledge but I had a Bluetooth ODB box to a similar program in another non jaguar car and it used to flatten the battery too, I know in that car the ODB didn't lose power when you shut off the ignition so it would just keep on running overnight, it was low power so it took 3-4 days of not using the car but it would flatten it. Doubt any warranty would cover sticking third party hardware in though

Old 01-13-2017, 06:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

The Waylens OBD seems to trigger our electrical system glitch... whenever the OBD port is accessed, it drains the battery due to interior light system not fully powering down. I wonder if something electrical like this would be considered something they could fix, under warranty?
I think they should, but given their response to much more serious issues (and our ability to fix it until the next OBD tap), I didn't think it was worth pursuing. Also, in my case, when they ask why I'm tapping the OBD port, I won't be getting much sympathy. In your case, you have a defensible reason.

Old 06-02-2021, 02:51 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Video

So I've got a new dashcam that is AWESOME, and it overlays G-Force, RPM, MPH, etc. I can't wait to post some of that stuff, especially because it has a 0-30 / 0-60 mph trap mode. Not sure how it works yet.

But my friend just sent this from our Cars and Coffee Trip last month, and wow.... that's some fantastic road level footage of an F-Type!

So even tho I didn't even film, I want to get better at this, and I would love to see any of us with our own footage, THAT DOESN'T INCRIMINATE OURSELVES. lol

I realize the MPH overlay will be switched off most of the time.

The photographer's car is a Subaru.

https://youtu.be/vnGKu0SqbmA
I agree. After messing around with apps and Gopro switching on and off. I now have a 1080P dash cam and am keen to try this on my next drags or track days?

Old 06-03-2021, 01:47 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

Which dashcam? I'm looking at the Blackvue.