F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone here debadge their f-type?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 04:03 PM
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

"Love that color with the black! - serious badazery. Get any grief from the PoPo for those tailights?"
"I heard they were darker, but wow, against the blue they look almost black."

Chawumba: No PoPo issues from the lights and if they do get me, they are stock! What gets their attention is the popping. I was coming around a curve a couple of weeks ago and a police car was coming around in the opposite direction. I instinctively lifted and the "pops" sounded like rifle shots as they echoed off of the surroundings. I though for sure he was going to turn around and follow me for awhile but he did not.

The dark tail lights are like the Ultra Blue paint...they look a bit different depending on lighting. Here's another pic, different time of day.

Last edited by Hayabusa; 09-22-2018 at 04:08 PM.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 302 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by KVO
Don't mind those pictures - I couldn't resist any longer, ordered a badge set, an copied you approach All credits to you for the great idea!
Subtle, and it really looks like it is stock.

Always wondered a bit JLR's idea to put brand and logo on the spoiler, since when applied, both are upside-down...
Like this way more than the original badge layout.
Awesome -- enjoy!

Originally Posted by Hayabusa
"Love that color with the black! - serious badazery. Get any grief from the PoPo for those tailights?"
"I heard they were darker, but wow, against the blue they look almost black."

Chawumba: No PoPo issues from the lights and if they do get me, they are stock! What gets their attention is the popping. I was coming around a curve a couple of weeks ago and a police car was coming around in the opposite direction. I instinctively lifted and the "pops" sounded like rifle shots as they echoed off of the surroundings. I though for sure he was going to turn around and follow me for awhile but he did not.

The dark tail lights are like the Ultra Blue paint...they look a bit different depending on lighting. Here's another pic, different time of day.

Well either way, both the color of your car as well as the new tail lights are epic.

The following users liked this post:
Hayabusa (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 07:03 AM
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks Jaggyx! My wife and I fell in love with the car when we saw it on the showroom floor. Actually went in to look at a red First Edition E-Pace and as I'm talking to the saleguy I hear my wife behind me..."Hon, look at this!". She knew I've wanted an F Type since they first hit the scene. After trading in 2 vehicles, it was time to take the blue car home.

These are pics I took as soon as I turned around and saw the car. Took my breath away. The White First Edition E Pace I test drove is outside the window. I was on autopilot, thinking about the blue car.

Last edited by Hayabusa; 09-24-2018 at 07:15 AM.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 262 Likes on 196 Posts

LOVE-AT-FIRST-SIGHT...

Old 09-24-2018, 09:01 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Hayabusa
Thanks Jaggyx! My wife and I fell in love with the car when we saw it on the showroom floor. Actually went in to look at a red First Edition E-Pace and as I'm talking to the saleguy I hear my wife behind me..."Hon, look at this!". She knew I've wanted an F Type since they first hit the scene. After trading in 2 vehicles, it was time to take the blue car home.

These are pics I took as soon as I turned around and saw the car. Took my breath away. The White First Edition E Pace I test drove is outside the window. I was on autopilot, thinking about the blue car.
Good for you, man! That's awesome.

As promised as a follow up to my previous pictures, below is a close up to show how the emblem sits on the curved surface of the bumper.

anyone here debadge their f-type?-rpouqoz.jpg

Old 01-08-2019, 07:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,291 Likes on 889 Posts

Hi, a shout out to anyone who debaged their f type coupe then repositioned the leaper (OzXFR I think I recall you did that). How did you deal with the positioning dimples?

Old 01-08-2019, 07:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
Hi, a shout out to anyone who debaged their f type coupe then repositioned the leaper (OzXFR I think I recall you did that). How did you deal with the positioning dimples?
Yep, I did that, check out this post: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...3/#post1919279
I repositioned the leaper as low as I could but still covering the mounting holes, about 1 cm lower than OEM, after cutting off the mounting prongs with a Stanley knife.

The following users liked this post:
BruceTheQuail (01-08-2019)
Old 01-09-2019, 07:09 AM
Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by alexg
Yes. You may well not be the youngest?

I'm considering de-badging mine when in the workshop next week (dropping it 1.3inches). The Plasti Dip I've seen so far looks rubbish/cheap imo.

Im 16, Im gonna go for im gonna take a leap of faith and Say I'm the youngest.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:03 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by StormtrooperFtype
Im 16, Im gonna go for im gonna take a leap of faith and Say I'm the youngest.
Nope, I'm 12.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:53 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaggyx
Nope, I'm 12.
So am I. What number base are you using?

Old 01-12-2019, 12:58 AM
Veteran Member

Oz, did you put a black "S" back on your car? I had the same issue as you mentioned with the leaper - the S badge is flat when the car is curved so the ends of the "S" are going to sit proud of the bumper. I'm trying to pack it out a bit with some silicone and let it set before I silicone it on, but how did you tackle it?

Old 01-12-2019, 02:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,209 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
Oz, did you put a black "S" back on your car? I had the same issue as you mentioned with the leaper - the S badge is flat when the car is curved so the ends of the "S" are going to sit proud of the bumper. I'm trying to pack it out a bit with some silicone and let it set before I silicone it on, but how did you tackle it?
Bruce,
Yep I put a black S badge on the back. An Ali Express el cheapo IIRC as that was all I could find in the correct size and shape and nearly the correct colours.
I replaced the OEM badge coz the lower corner of the green bit had started to peel/lift and my clumsy attempt to superglue it back down was an abject failure, and I wanted a black badge to go with the black leaper.
I had no problem at all with sticking the black S badge on fairly flat as that part of the rear bumper isn't curved much. I can't remember but I might have bent it a little to get it to sit flatter.
But it never looked quite right to me, it was concave vs OEM convex and the green was just too dark and it looked like what it was - a cheap after-market mod. After a few months I ripped it off and now I reckon it looks much better with no S badge at all on the **** end.

Edit - the black S badge I bought wasn't from Ali Express, it was this one: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Black-Me...FB8O:rk:7:pf:0

Here's a pic showing that black S badge:

Last edited by OzXFR; 01-12-2019 at 02:33 AM.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:00 AM
Veteran Member

Sweet, looks good with it on, I'm also not sure whether I want it on or off. Looks nice and clean with it off on my car, I might leave it that way for a month and see how I like it. The aftermarket one is a lot thicker than the OEM, that's for sure.

Thanks again.

Old 03-28-2019, 02:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by eeeeek
Huh. Subtle and clean. Took me a minute to spot. I like it.
Jag is buying me a full self healing protective coating, and I caught the installers in time to debadge the stupid 2019 p340 crap, and they will take everything off for the wrap....
so they'll be doing this for me, identical to yours. Realized I am responding to not the original post.... but....
Thank you OZXFR!!!!

Old 03-28-2019, 03:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This looks absolutely perfect. Even being a product of the 60's debadging is definitely the way to go. That's my first order of business when I take deliver. Beautiful! Probably exactly Ian Callum had in mind before the marketing department got ahold of it.

Old 03-29-2019, 04:35 PM
Veteran Member

Woot

Old 03-29-2019, 07:23 PM
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Fish, That looks extremely nice. Folks have validly (IMHO) criticized the badging on the F. Your's is a distinct improvement. Having the Leaper and JAGUAR both on the lid is redundant. And having "Jaguar" all over the car suggests the average owner is having memory issues. My dealer put a Jaguar license plate holder on the car and I am too lazy to get rid of it. The worst offense (again IMHO) are the logo puddle lights which say at least to me that the memory issues have progressed to dementia.

I note the cleaning paraphernalia on the fender and hood. Nice finish. What did you use?

Lastly, as long as I've gotten started. Chrome is as British as Yorkshire Pudding and Roast Beef. Maybe it doesn't belong on the 250 Lusso, but it belongs on Jaguars. But then again I miss the leather and the wood. Someone said of my XK8, "It's like a yacht in here."

Old 03-30-2019, 08:16 AM
Banned
Received 425 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by Suaro
Fish, That looks extremely nice. Folks have validly (IMHO) criticized the badging on the F. Your's is a distinct improvement. Having the Leaper and JAGUAR both on the lid is redundant. And having "Jaguar" all over the car suggests the average owner is having memory issues. My dealer put a Jaguar license plate holder on the car and I am too lazy to get rid of it. The worst offense (again IMHO) are the logo puddle lights which say at least to me that the memory issues have progressed to dementia.

I note the cleaning paraphernalia on the fender and hood. Nice finish. What did you use?

Lastly, as long as I've gotten started. Chrome is as British as Yorkshire Pudding and Roast Beef. Maybe it doesn't belong on the 250 Lusso, but it belongs on Jaguars. But then again I miss the leather and the wood. Someone said of my XK8, "It's like a yacht in here."
Oh, what a relief, I was afraid that paraphernalia on the roof was wadded up driving gloves and that red ponytail band was for his man bun.

Old 03-30-2019, 01:59 PM
Veteran Member
Old 03-30-2019, 02:04 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Suaro
Fish, That looks extremely nice. Folks have validly ... here."
This was so fun to read! Pithy and rollicking.

That was the place that did the wrap. I believe it is xpel ultra self healing 10 year warranty.

And thanks!!!

Quick Reply: anyone here debadge their f-type?