Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone here debadge their f-type?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 01:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Joz132
After seeing this picture - I went directly into the garage to inspect mine.

My J is abnormally loose as well.

I've been wanting to remove the "Jaguar" & "F-Type" off the rear ...uncertain about the R badge.

Looks like I'll be doing some de-badging later this afternoon.

The "JAGUAR" practically fell off, the "F-TYPE" took some work. Presently I left the "R AWD" badge on...

Old 06-04-2015, 08:42 PM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by shift
That's a sweet plate. Where did you get it?
Made it...
I had the lettering left over from when we put Xpel on the rear spoiler, and needed to order a replacement leaper (sold together). I then ordered a blank black plate (any vanity plate seller will have them), laid down a straight-line of masking tape, marked the spacing I wanted, and pressed on the letters.

Haven't run a rear plate for the last 15+ years. My pesty little way of thumbing my nose at the "establishment" I suppose. Not because I run lights or avoid tolls or any such thing, because I don't... It's become as much a conversation piece/starter than anything else. Wish I had $10 for every time someone has come up to me and queried how I get away with no plates? My flippant answer: It's not illegal if you don't get caught.

Has less to do with living in CA, than it does simply avoiding getting tailed... They can't ticket what they can't see.

For the Jag, I have five different plates I substitute in and out when I feel like a change. This is my other favorite:

The following users liked this post:
SoCalJagS (08-30-2015)
Old 06-04-2015, 08:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 642 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by IronMike
My flippant answer: It's not illegal if you don't get caught.

Has less to do with living in CA, than it does simply avoiding getting tailed... They can't ticket what they can't see.
Hmmmm....

Old 06-04-2015, 09:14 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Haven't run a rear plate for the last 15+ years. My pesty little way of thumbing my nose at the "establishment" I suppose. Not because I run lights or avoid tolls or any such thing, because I don't... It's become as much a conversation piece/starter than anything else. Wish I had $10 for every time someone has come up to me and queried how I get away with no plates? My flippant answer: It's not illegal if you don't get caught.
So you don't have any plates on your vehicles at all? I would expect you to get pulled over all the time for that. Though if the car looks new I suppose they wouldn't know if you're driving on the dealer window tag still unless they came around to look at the windshield.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Merlin
So you don't have any plates on your vehicles at all? I would expect you to get pulled over all the time for that. Though if the car looks new I suppose they wouldn't know if you're driving on the dealer window tag still unless they came around to look at the windshield.
That's the key, to keep your car clean. If your car looks new, no cop is going to pull you over just to check your plates. At least in California. I probably wouldn't be running any plates except I have a personalized vanity plate that I actually like.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Made it...
I'm guessing you don't get out of SoCal much and certainly not beyond the state line.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:12 AM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
I'm guessing you don't get out of SoCal much and certainly not beyond the state line.
And I'm guessing you live your life intimidated by authority.
Clearly, we don't share the same outlook on life... My screen name says a bit about my personality... I don't give a shyte about what others think, and the prospects of a stinkin ticket for no plate is not going to stop me from driving on any road, in any state, nor any country.

For the record, drove my Mercedes all over the western US for 15 years, without plates. Got two tickets in 15 years. Cost me the princely sum of $50, that and the agony of having to actually hang the plates on the vehicle for a grand sum total of 5 minutes, just long enough to drive into the police station parking lot and get the correction violation signed off. Better still, I live less than half a mile from said local civic center/police station, and drive right past it every day, to and from my office.

Some have the cajones to pull it off, some don't. The risk/reward ratio is exponentially in my favor.

Old 06-05-2015, 02:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
And I'm guessing you live your life intimidated by authority....
Some have the cajones to pull it off, some don't. The risk/reward ratio is exponentially in my favor.

Old 06-05-2015, 10:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

LMAO

Old 06-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 981 Likes on 732 Posts

The risk is ever-present: that any police officer can pull you over at any time for no reason other than a prima facie violation. I think you're confusing that with punishment, which may be meted out rather infrequently. I guess I don't understand the reward.

Old 06-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 295 Likes on 233 Posts

I'd never run without plates simply because I frequently am on the roads at 3am.. I work afternoon shift and head to my favorite club(s) afterwards. No way the police are going to think I'm test driving a car after I close the bar down. And, although I only have 1 or 2 drinks, I don't want the chance of being harassed after being pulled over for no plate...

(I will not, however, run a front plate...)

Old 06-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by TXJagR
I'd never run without plates simply because I frequently am on the roads at 3am.. I work afternoon shift and head to my favorite club(s) afterwards. No way the police are going to think I'm test driving a car after I close the bar down. And, although I only have 1 or 2 drinks, I don't want the chance of being harassed after being pulled over for no plate...

(I will not, however, run a front plate...)
I'm of like mind. That reminds me, I need to make sure there is a note to not drill for a front plate on my order.

Old 06-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Veteran Member

Whether the risk/reward is worth it is personal to the individual. Heck, 99.999% of people think we're idiots for talking about license plates!!! There's just freaking license plates!!! For me it's all about design/aesthetics. People spent a lot of time/money/energy designing a beautiful car. Then we go slap on something that ruins the design/flow. The front plate is an afterthought. You have to drill holes in the bumper to put them on for god's sake. Now, some SUVs have dedicated front plate holders. I actually like the way those look. And if I had one of those SUVs, I actually would want to put front plates on because it's part of the overall design/style of the car. For me it's not about resale value (holes in bumpers) or anti-establishment, it's simply about looks.

The following users liked this post:
alexg (08-06-2015)
Old 08-05-2015, 10:21 AM
Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
I'm of like mind. That reminds me, I need to make sure there is a note to not drill for a front plate on my order.
When I factory ordered my Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, 2014, it was ordered as an Arizona car, so no front plate drilling/holes necessary and none delivered. If FCA can correctly manage it, then Jag should be able to as well.

Good Luck,
Desert Hiker

PS, This post may seem gratuitous, but I'm working up to 10 posts to graduate from the Junior Member status ASAP!! Apologies for the inconvenience.

Last edited by Desert Hiker; 08-05-2015 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:31 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Desert Hiker
When I factory ordered my Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, 2014, it was ordered as an Arizona car, so no front plate drilling/holes necessary and none delivered. If FCA can correctly manage it, then Jag should be able to as well.

Good Luck,
The dealer had no problem with that; however, the factory managed to put the wrong badges on the rear. I currently have what might be the world's only F-Type V6s Manual Transmission AWD R.

The proper "S" badge is on order.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member

Once the the "S" comes just stick it at the end, so you'll have an "AWS-R-S"

Old 08-05-2015, 12:00 PM
Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by shift
Once the the "S" comes just stick it at the end, so you'll have an "AWS-R-S"

Old 08-07-2015, 11:11 PM
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Meh, doesn't actually look that good in the back without a plate. Just for pure aesthetics it actually looks kinda odd without a back plate but thats just me. Even if I were given a choice I probably would still have one on. No Front plates however!

Old 08-29-2015, 02:03 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I just had mine debadged since I was having the whole car wrapped in Paint Protection Film.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:47 AM
Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts

I go several years before I put on the rear plate. Police won't bother you as long as the car looks new and they see the dealer temporary registration taped to the front window. But I've never ran front plates on any of my vehicles and never had a problem in CA. I have friends who never put on their back plate, but I don't think it looks that bad. Good reason not to have plates in cities with red light cameras.

Quick Reply: anyone here debadge their f-type?