F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know when Jaguar resumes production of 2021 F-Type?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 03:46 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone know when Jaguar resumes production of 2021 F-Types?

It seems the Jaguar production facility was hit pretty hard by Covid. Have had an order on the books for about two months however the dealership can’t seem to give me a solid answer as to when production might resume, other than that my order is “first in the holding pool” and that it will be ready when they start building them again. I’m located in the US.

He did recently mention that he believes production will resume end of February, but didn’t sound all too confident.

Does anyone happen to have any information on when they might resume production of the 2021 F-Types? Would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Last edited by jetsetter883; 02-10-2021 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-10-2021, 07:29 AM
Received 368 Likes on 236 Posts

I am waiting to place an order for a 2021 F Type. A dealer told me that at this moment, Jaguar is building the 4 cylinder models and should resume production of the V6 and V8 sometime this month.
Looking at dealer inventory online, some dealers post photos of the identification plate that is affixed to the car. I have seen a few 4 cylinder F types with 12/20 production dates so I figure that as of December they were building those cars and with whatever amount of time was required to ship them to the US, they started appearing at dealers within the last few weeks.

The dealer did say that once an order was placed, it would be anywhere from 60-120 days until I saw the car.

The following users liked this post:
jetsetter883 (02-10-2021)
Old 02-10-2021, 09:18 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I got a call from my dealer yesterday actually that my F Type R just arrived off the truck. It was ordered in Nov (I actually placed the order with them in Oct but was told there were no slots at the time). I won’t have time until next week at least to pick it up so don’t know the production date of it, but I would assume it would be a Dec production. On the bright side, it came in about 4 weeks earlier than the factory advised when the order was confirmed. I am also located in the US

The following 2 users liked this post by ilovemycars:
Dwight Frye (02-11-2021), jetsetter883 (02-10-2021)
Old 02-11-2021, 07:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 374 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by ilovemycars
I got a call from my dealer yesterday actually that my F Type R just arrived off the truck. It was ordered in Nov (I actually placed the order with them in Oct but was told there were no slots at the time). I won’t have time until next week at least to pick it up so don’t know the production date of it, but I would assume it would be a Dec production. On the bright side, it came in about 4 weeks earlier than the factory advised when the order was confirmed. I am also located in the US
This was almost exactly the same time frames when I ordered back in 2014. I placed the order with my dealer in October of 2014, but I had no visibility if the order actual went to Jaguar that month or in November. The car was delivered in February of 2015 but was scheduled for March of 2015.

Old 02-11-2021, 02:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 380 Likes on 266 Posts

Depending on the schedule, can you switch your order to a 2022?
Or will Jag offer deals on late delivery 2021's?
They have an $8K dealer incentive now but my understanding is you need to take the vehicle by 3/31/21.
Might be worth a discussion.

jetsetter883 (02-14-2021)
Old 02-11-2021, 02:45 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CJSJAG
They have an $8K dealer incentive now but my understanding is you need to take the vehicle by 3/31/21.
When I got my 2017 I took delivery in March. They had given me a great deal because they said their fiscal year ends in March so they just wanted numbers at that point. I'd say stick to a 2021 if you can get delivery by the end of March. I've actually been debating if I just let the dealer sit on the new one until March to see if they have a better program come around (in no rush for delivery -- my current one looks like a salt stick after driving around the roads in NY this winter).

Old 02-14-2021, 01:12 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep they have had the $8k incentive going for some time now, I think around Q2/Q3 of last year (at least here in the US). I plan on taking full advantage of it once the car arrives and have gone so far as to factor it into the final purchase price of the vehicle, having received some assurance from the dealer that it would most likely still be available once the car is (eventually) delivered. If the dealer were to.. for some reason.. try and tell me that the incentive is suddenly 'no longer available' by the time the car gets here (despite ensuring me that it almost certainly would be..), I would be most tempted to laugh in his face and immediately exit the dealership, leaving the car unpurchased after months of waiting.

While that may sound extreme, it would not be completely unprecedented on my end since the dealer is very aware of my frustration in not only having to wait so long for the car to be built (as patient as I have been given the time period we are in..), but also with the complete lack of transparency and updates coming from their end, even despite multiple followups from me. Quite honestly, my car buying experience with Jaguar has been quite terrible to this point given these factors, which is actually one of the reasons I had decided to create this thread to see if anyone here had some information that perhaps the dealer wasn't sharing with me. So.. to be told that the incentive is no longer available by the time the car finally arrives would just feel like some form of cosmic injustice, as if the gods were just playing tricks on me at that point, to say nothing of adding insult to injury.

So yeah, have thought about whether or not the 2022 might actually be a realistic option if the months keep dragging on as they have, though was not able to find much information about them online other than some concept drawings of a mid-engine hybrid, which did look rather nice actually. If there is any information out there about the new models I'd love to learn more (and apologies for the rant!)

Old 02-14-2021, 06:53 AM
Received 368 Likes on 236 Posts

When I sent out requests for quotes for a new 2021 model, knowing that it would have to be built to order and the lead time would likely be anywhere from 60-120 days, I had a couple dealers tell me that the only price they could quote at the time of order was the full list price.

I asked about the 0% financing program or rebates that I saw offered on cars that were actually in stock and sitting on the dealer's lots. The dealer's answer was that I would be eligible for whatever programs were in place at the time the vehicle was delivered. So it is a bit of a crap shoot. The best thing to do is watch the websites of all Jaguar dealers within a few hundred miles around the time the car is scheduled to arrive, and make sure to ask your preferred dealer to recalculate the bottom line price to be in line with whatever rebates or special financing plans are currently available.

I can't imagine that any ethical dealer with a reputation to maintain is going to tell a ready buyer "too bad, you should have waited".

Old 02-14-2021, 07:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 380 Likes on 266 Posts

I can not honestly see a dealer swallowing $8K that is not part of Jag incentive.
I was told the same thing when I was looking, that "the deals never go away".
If true, how come it would have cost me more to buy used than new?
I would see whether any existing cars out there come close to what you want and take the "bird in hand" approach.
I just bought from a dealer 1,000 miles away. My local dealer did not even seem aware of the $8K incentive.
Or (unlikely) get your local dealer to agree in writing that they will honor the $8K rebate regardless.

Old 02-14-2021, 07:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

This is quite common as there fiscal year ends in March.