F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with red seats interested in trading for two tone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 09:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts
Default Anyone with red seats interested in trading for two tone?

I would prefer a solid red seat in my FTR and would be willing to trade my mint red/black (5k mi) two tone ones if we could work out the logistics. As a small bonus, I'd also swap out my red seatbelts ($350 option) for your standard black ones (prefer the contrast).

I know this is a shot in the dark but who knows.....

Attached Thumbnails Anyone with red seats interested in trading for two tone?-2015_jaguar_f-type_r_coupe_43_1920x1080.jpg  

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 05-19-2016 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-22-2016, 11:29 AM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by polarisnavyxj
I would prefer a solid red seat in my FTR and would be willing to trade my mint red/black (5k mi) two tone ones if we could work out the logistics. As a small bonus, I'd also swap out my red seatbelts ($350 option) for your standard black ones (prefer the contrast).

I know this is a shot in the dark but who knows.....
I am looking at salsa red f-types with jet interior. If I find one with red I'd be happy to swap for your two tone seats. I assume these are plug and play and easily swappable? There is one listed in Chicago with 7500 miles but priced well above any other 2015 on the market. It's a long shot indeed...I'll let you know.

Old 05-22-2016, 11:51 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Kitesurfer
I am looking at salsa red f-types with jet interior. If I find one with red I'd be happy to swap for your two tone seats. I assume these are plug and play and easily swappable? There is one listed in Chicago with 7500 miles but priced well above any other 2015 on the market. It's a long shot indeed...I'll let you know.
Nice. Thanks for keeping an eye out.

If u do happen to end up with a red/red, I fully agree with you that you need the contrast of at the least some Jet in your car. Who would order a salsa/red car anyways? No offense se to anyone on the board if that's what u did but I can't put it in the same category as black/black for whatever reason.

Old 05-22-2016, 02:22 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

My dealer had a Salsa red vet with red interior. Looked terrible.

Old 05-22-2016, 03:06 PM
Veteran Member
Default Used or new?

Originally Posted by DJS
If the OP is interested, I promise I'd do the swap. Lol

Old 05-22-2016, 03:09 PM
Veteran Member
Default Used or new?

Originally Posted by DJS
If the OP is interested, I promise I'd do the swap. Lol

Kitesurfer, are you local to me?

Further, I have a very good connection on car transport, if I book it for you you'll save at least 25%. That goes for anyone on the forum.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:46 PM
Received 397 Likes on 210 Posts

someone else started a thread like this but the reality of it is that it's much more complicated than just a swap. There are SRS sensors/harnesses that can be unique to the cars VIN and may or may not be reprogram able not to mention the airbags in the seats themselves.

Last edited by WhiteTardis; 05-23-2016 at 02:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Kitesurfer (05-23-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by WhiteTardis
someone else started a thread like this but the reality of it is that it's much more complicated than just a swap. There are SRS sensors/harnesses that are unique to the cars VIN and may or may not be reprogram able not to mention the airbags in the seats themselves.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Probably something I would not want to mess around with.

Old 05-23-2016, 01:33 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Kitesurfer
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Probably something I would not want to mess around with.
Well our bigger issue is you're in NH and I'm in California.

Shipping would be cost prohibitive.

Not so sure it would be a hassle too switch seats. I've never heard of seats being inherent to a particular cars VIN. Sounds like some dealer BS they tell you to chi-ching a customer and extra $500 to do or avoid doing a swap. I'm sure someone here knows the truth.

Old 05-23-2016, 02:01 PM
Received 397 Likes on 210 Posts

Not so sure it would be a hassle too switch seats. I've never heard of seats being inherent to a particular cars VIN. Sounds like some dealer BS they tell you to chi-ching a customer and extra $500 to do or avoid doing a swap. I'm sure someone here knows the truth.
The SRS harnesses/modules have unique serial numbers which typically can be unique to the main SRS modules in the car which can be specific to the VIN. Take this for example. The earlier Range Rover Evoques had OCS sensor issues. Basically they weren't consistently detecting passengers under a certain weight or height combination. One of the instructions by JLR was NOT to swap harnesses from new car inventory as they can cause fault lights to trigger.

Also keep in mind JLR is constantly updating their part numbers. For example...lets say that you pick up a 2016 F-Type with a build date of 2/2016. You find someone willing to swap seats with you. Donor car is a 2016 also but with a build date of 3/2016. JLR could have switched vendors, made modifications to the part, etc. Sure its the same model year but physically the part might be different in the most minute way which can alter the way the part behaves.

JLR has what they call a VIN break. Basically up to a certain VIN used a certain part number but after that series of VINs switches to a different part number. JLR switched to 433MHz TPMS sensors for late model 2015+MY cars. According my buildsheet, my car is supposed to have the older 315MHz sensors...but my car fell in between the VIN break and ended up with 433MHz sensors despite what the build sheet says.

All in all if you find a donor, and willing to find a dealer to do the research to see if the hardware will work between your car and the donor will then more power to you. From my experience, most dealers probably won't as airbags are a safety item and just opens up the possibility of legal issues. Just doesn't seem like its worth the hassle

Last edited by WhiteTardis; 05-23-2016 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

Polaris,

Sounds to me from both this post and many others in your short time here that you're the type of person who wouldn't believe it if someone credible told you the truth. Here's a hint, the person who posted that info in this thread is in a position to be very credible.

The following users liked this post:
WhiteTardis (05-23-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 02:08 PM

Commercial shipping account and it's very cheap to ship large items across the country.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
Polaris,

Sounds to me from both this post and many others in your short time here that you're the type of person who wouldn't believe it if someone credible told you the truth. Here's a hint, the person who posted that info in this thread is in a position to be very credible.
What other posts? Like wheel sizing? I own a XJ with 22's so I do know first hand the merits and lack thereof of plus sizing wheels on Jags.

What do YOU mean by "You're the kind of person..."?

I'm the kind of person that has moved on from the swap and gotten in contact with an interior person to inquire about subbing a few panels in red in my seats because of that post here.

I'd say you're the kind of person that doesn't know the kind of person I am, nor the difficulty of assessing the type of person anyone is over a few paragraphs in a forum.

If theres some sort of pecking order in here that needs to be followed please provide the names of the people that are credible and i'll do my best to get off your discredited list.

Old 05-24-2016, 02:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

If theres some sort of pecking order in here that needs to be followed please provide the names of the people that are credible and i'll do my best to get off your discredited list.
Don't take it personally. Foosh crabs at everyone. Consider yourself a member of the family.

Old 05-24-2016, 02:23 PM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,106 Likes on 1,406 Posts

It's a badge of honor.

Old 05-24-2016, 02:46 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Don't take it personally. Foosh crabs at everyone. Consider yourself a member of the family.
Thanks Unhngd, theres always one in every forum. That one who sits back and Chihuahua barks at the new guys because they've grown comfortable with the previous members. The hall monitor back in high school or the security guard at the 7/11 policing the magazine section.

Cheers.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:14 PM
Veteran Member

I confess to having zero tolerance for BS, but I have taken a new pledge to ignore it. I also love seeing new people join in and will bend over backwards to help them.

I hang here because there are many, many, many members I have tremendous respect for.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:18 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
I confess to having zero tolerance for BS, but I have taken a new pledge to ignore it. I also love seeing new people join in and will bend over backwards to help them.

I hang here because there are many, many, many members I have tremendous respect for.
Spend time with your family. Policing a forum for no aparent reason is the ultimate form of BS, sir. Work harder at adhering to that pledge of yours.

Last edited by polarisnavyxj; 05-24-2016 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Spend time with your family. Policing a forum for no aparent reason is the ultimate form of BS, sir. Work harder at adhering to that pledge of yours.
Hmm...please be careful.
Generally we try to be tolerant of people's idiosyncrasies. Open conflict is not welcomed here. Informed discussion, debate and expression of opinion is.

Foosh, my apologies for opening that door.

Old 05-24-2016, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member

Hmm...please be careful.
Generally we try to be tolerant of people's idiosyncrasies. Open conflict is not welcomed here. Informed discussion, debate and expression of opinion is.

Foosh, my apologies for opening that door.
There you go policing the forum again, Lance. Go spend more time . . . oh, never mind. ;-)

Quick Reply: Anyone with red seats interested in trading for two tone?