F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attaboy for Salesperson

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 05:32 AM
Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Attaboy for Salesperson

I am not sure of the right place for this so perhaps a Mod can move it if this is not right. I want to give a big attaboy to Darren Martins with Jaguar of Greenville SC. I was referred to him by a forum member. I thank Darren for getting me into a new F-Type. My experience with Darren was the best sales experience I have had in 50 years of buying cars. He works to earn your business, shows flexibility in important things like price and delivery, answers questions, is knowledgeable on the product, and listens to your concerns. Best of all, I haven't even met him face-to-face, yet. He and his dealership have adapted to the connected world. If you want to buy, I am convinced you could not do better.

Larry

The following 6 users liked this post by lsbrodsky:
Foosh (01-27-2016), GameShow (01-27-2016), LobsterClaws (01-27-2016), RickyJay52 (01-27-2016), TXJagR (01-30-2016), Unhingd (01-27-2016) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-27-2016, 08:51 AM
Received 218 Likes on 160 Posts

A huge +1. I'm the one who referred Larry to Darren because of how awesome Darren's service was. It really was the best car buying experience I've ever had. He's become more like a friend than a salesman, is a total car guy, and quickly gave me a fantastic deal. I drove about 300 miles to pick up my car from him, passing 3 other dealers I didn't like as much on the way. It was the right decision.

Post-sale he's kept up with me, checking to see how I'm enjoying the car, answering any questions I have, etc. He and his dealership just rock. Here's what I posted on dealerrater:

Darren made this the best car buying experience I've ever had and set the new standard by which I'll judge all future deals. As long as I'm buying a Jaguar/Land Rover/Porsche/Volvo in the future, this dealership and Darren will be my first and only stop.

He was incredibly responsive and communicated with me almost entirely via text like I asked. He didn't pressure me to buy the car and made me feel comfortable that it was entirely my decision. He answered all of my questions expertly, researched strange options that I was interested in, and was even patient with me when 3/4 thru the process I decided I wanted a different color that wasn't on their lot!

Darren's also a true car guy and can tell you everything you'd want to know about any car on the lot (and likely just about any car..). At other dealerships I dealt with salesmen who knew less about the car than I did. Price negotiation was also the most simple and friendly process I've ever had! It was simple and I got a great deal!

In the end, Darren and Jaguar of Greenville was a few hundred bucks more than my local dealers. I bought from Jaguar of Greenville and I'm glad I did. Great service deserves my business. Since the sale he's kept up with me and made sure that I was enjoying the car and answering any questions I have. Put simply, I can't understand why someone would buy a Jaguar/Land Rover/Porsche/Volvo from anyone or anywhere else.

Last edited by LobsterClaws; 01-27-2016 at 08:59 AM.
The following users liked this post:
GameShow (01-27-2016)
Old 01-27-2016, 11:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, waking up and seeing this was just about the greatest way to start a day! Larry and Greg, as always, thank you very much for all of your kind words...you guys are the absolute best.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:38 AM
Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I wish we had sales people like this in the UK. Buying my F-Type was the most painful experience ive ever had, and ive bought a new car every 2-3years for the last 22years.

The dealer I had never answered emails (until it was the 3rd or 4th one), never got back to me with any of the information or answers to my questions on specs and optional extras, unless i repeatedly chased them. When i placed my order, it took me 3 weeks and 5 emails to get confirmation that they had received it and the deposit. I then received no info without chasing it on build dates, expected delivery etc. They then failed to call the car forward (Jaguar main office stepped in and gave me the build dates, ready to move to dealer dates etc), when I asked why, they said they had, 1 week later they still hadnt, until I phoned the dealership manager for an explanation. The handover was a joke, and unsurprisingly no after sales contact.

Glad to see you guys found a great guy, I might consider buying my next Jaguar in the states and shipping it back to the UK (the irony)!!

Old 01-29-2016, 05:53 AM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

we've got an audi dealer that operates just like that (Pembrokeshire, UK)
it turns out they are a subsidiary to the main dealer in cardiff and are under no pressure to sell cars - so, basically if you want it, you have to do the leg work, because they can't be *rsed

Old 01-30-2016, 02:52 PM

Picking up the car was an even better experience. He spent nearly half a day with me!

Larry

Old 01-30-2016, 03:31 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

Attaboy? Sounds like a compliment you give a dog.

Old 01-30-2016, 05:03 PM

You are not old enough...old term
Larry