F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AUDIO upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2021, 03:16 PM
Received 89 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Bart CSD
Sure I will tell if we"ve solved this puzzle. At the moment I'm working on adding a real subwoofer to the system. it will be located nder the floor in the back of the trunk. I've to remake the removable floorpanel and make one which let the bass pass through smoothly. Today we've been brainstorming about the grille in machined aluminium we think about placing on the floor. This "grille" will be functional and nice in the Focal theme. Further thing we've been looking into is making some new logo plates for the speaker grilles, since there is no more Meridian stuff in the car, we wanna replace these with Focal logo's. Once thisstupid engine noise related thing is solved, this will be a really nice setup and smooth sounding install with deep impact bass, clear and crisp high "s and mid's. More pictures will follow. But in meantime, if someone has aclue about the engineering code which is related to the enginesound introduction into the sytem, pleas let us know.
Also if you are planning to use the signal from the rear subs to send line level to your amp I wouldn't bother. The signal is very low and you will not have the output you think. I would suggest pulling the door woofer signal instead. On the flip side you need to keep the channels feeding the rear fills attached or you will loose the backup sensor tones, I just left the factory amp connected to those to provide tones and totally disconnected the subs behind the seats, they are worthless.

Last edited by Jag Bass; 10-22-2021 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-22-2021, 03:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still use the rear signal I mix the tweetersignal of the front doors into the rear channels, this gives us more info on the rear speakers ( mids +tweeters). We still have the backup signals coming through the speakers. I replaced the rear woofers, like shown in the pictures, with Focal subs in the new "enclosures", these give great kickbass and some subsbas. The very deepbass will come from the 10 inch Focal sub in the closed enclosure. We tested this woofer setup already and it is perfectually what the client wants. We no longer use any of the original speakers and all spaces were seriously sound deadend and soundproofed.

Old 10-27-2021, 02:41 PM

Today I constructed the subwoofer enclisure. This takes up the space beneath the trunkfkoor. Nothing was cut, no modificaties to the car but Gerar impact on the sound. The closed enclisure is built in 18 mm Mdf, cimpletely sound deeadened and sound insolated. Once the new floor plate is in place , you won’t notice a thing.

Old 10-27-2021, 02:49 PM

Soory guys, I keep struggling with the auto correct, this stupid thing keeps changing english words to dutch. I meant, I constructed the subenclosure today, this takes the places of the storages space beneath the trunk floor. I constructed an MDf subwoofer enclosure to accomodate the Focal P25 F woofer, sound deathend this and sound proofed it with different sound treatment material of STP. Once the new constructed floorpanel is in place , you won't notice anything of the changes. the only visible thing in the trunk are both Mosconi Amps, they will get their cover once , the install is completly ready. So you won't see any cables , the controller display is hidden in the cupholders in the center console. Sound is great, but still no progress in deprogramming the engine sound coming through the speakers, we still are looking for the engineering code for this feature. If you guys have any info, please share it.

Last edited by Bart CSD; 10-27-2021 at 02:50 PM. Reason: typing errors
The following users liked this post:
Fireze22 (10-27-2021)
Old 10-28-2021, 12:09 PM
Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts

@Bart CSD You can contact me if you wish to code out the fake engine noise.

Old 10-28-2021, 12:32 PM

Oh thank you, do you know the code which we have to deprogramme. I"m new on this forum and have to find out how I can contact someone.I just started up the complete system, it will sound great after tuning, but first we have to get rid of that stupid engine sound coming through the bass speakers and woofers.

Old 10-28-2021, 12:42 PM
Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts