F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Transport Company Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2020, 08:26 PM
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Auto Transport Company Recommendation

Hi, I'm finalizing the purchase of a new F-Type R from across the country from a private seller (can't tell you how excited I am). Especially given the current travel situation, I won't be able to go and pick it up. Are there any recent recommended transport companies based on experience? The searches I've done here seem to be fairly old, so looking for any personal favorites. Even if it is slightly more expensive, are any better than others for an enclosed transport company? Reliable Carriers, JP Logistics, Intercity Lines were recommended by word of mouth.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-20-2020, 08:31 PM
Received 171 Likes on 108 Posts

I got a friend -private
where is it and where is it going and do you want enclosed and what timeline ?
I just emailed him to see where in the world he is at or going.
He is insured

Old 04-20-2020, 08:35 PM
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Detroit Suburbs to Philadelphia suburbs, enclosed. 2-3 weeks from today. Would your friend have references, testimonials, etc.?

Old 04-20-2020, 08:48 PM

He works for the guy in the link moving yachts but he also has two enclosed car trailers.
He's moved two wooden Chris Crafts and 4 jags for me.
Just need to see if it fits for him when he responds to me.
His home base is Windsor.

Van Tuyl Trucking Inc. Marine Transport

I always got a better deal from him because I paid cash

Old 04-20-2020, 09:00 PM

He cant do it as he just got a contract from Canada to bring medical supplies from the USA for a few months he's getting over 5 bucks a mile and a free pass a customs, I may go work with him.

Thankyou for the idea to call him Cheers

Old 04-20-2020, 10:26 PM
Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

There are some recent threads on this.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...rt-usa-229082/

There's a link in that thread to another one posted shortly before with even more suggestions.

Old 04-21-2020, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 483 Likes on 370 Posts

So I just did this what you’re so ago I got my Jag from California and had the coolant hose leak that I couldn’t fix out there. I live in Arkansas. So I went online and did a search for moving companies and ended up making a company that caused me so much frustration it almost wasn’t worth it. I found was many online companies are not actual moving companies. They just brokers that will pretend to be moving companies with trucks but were they’re really doing is it taking your down payment and then posting your job on a burning board for moving companies to bid on. So what happens is they’ll tell you your car will be moved on Friday but they don’t have a driver yet and they’re hoping to pick one before then. But if the quote they gave you was too low you’ll find that nobody bids on your job or they keep trying to raise your price. And then the cost goes up and the delay gets long. I went through a couple weeks of frustration with these guys and while I did finally get my car moved for an extra $200 over the initial quote I finally got my car. That being said there was a couple of times but I thought they picked up my car and just stole it from me because I did not get in touch with them at all and cause me a lot of stress because I knew my car could be started and run for a long period of time since it had no coolant in it and I was afraid these guys were not going to pay attention to the big note I put on the steering wheel about no coolers.

I went through a couple weeks of frustration with these guys and while I did finally get my car moved for an extra $200 over the initial quote I finally got my car. That being said there was a couple of times when I thought they picked up my car and just stole it from me because I did not get in touch with them at all and cause me a lot of stress because I knew my car could be started and run for a long period of time since it had no coolant in it and I was afraid these guys were not going to pay attention to the big note I put on the steering wheel about no coolant.Long story short yeah you’ll be doing yourself a favor by finding a quality company legitimate company that actually has the moving trucks and they are not a broker.

The following users liked this post:
forterieontariocanada (05-28-2020)