Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AWD Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 07:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts
Question AWD Dyno

How are you AWD F-Type guys dyno your cars, what tips can you help me with please?

Here is the link to my baseline dyno run for the XE before the tune: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xe...seline-174178/

This is a brand new linked dyno and I turned DSC all the way off and used 4th gear in S mode but the car still freaked out and would show lots of warning lights and then kick out of S mode and disable paddles etc. How are you guys dyno the XE cleanly and getting it to hold 4th gear without kicking down to 3rd? What RPM do you go WOT in 4th to prevent this?

I see on the bottom right of my dyno sheet " Not Linked" So maybe I have to link it and not just let the rear rollers spin the fronts?

Old 12-26-2016, 03:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 643 Likes on 411 Posts

Don't smash the throttle. There is a kick down "button" when going all the way to the floor. You can feel a small click in the pedal when you've hit the kick down. If you press the pedal to right before this click, you still have 100% throttle but the vehicle won't down shift automatically. Its a safety feature if you're ever in a panic scenario with the paddles active.

As for the linking, you absolutely have to have these dyno linked or it could severely hurt the drivetrain. When linked, the car won't know the difference between it and the road.