Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AWD Linked Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 08:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts
Question AWD Linked Dyno

Previously I have had a hard time to smoothly dyno my old XFR on RWD Superflo dyno and it took many true to get a clean run of my baseline and after Tune and pulley.

Now I have a new 2017 XE-R Sport V6 AWD and want to know how you guys are doing your AWD F-Type dynos cleanly without interventions kicking in?

In my Dynamic menu I have a window that shows what drive wheels are being applied based on throttle input and NOT wheel spin. Seems to be in a percentage of AWD anytime you are on the gas and only RWD when cruising or lightly on the gas.

So what steps have you or would you donor get proper readings on a AWD linked dyno? I am assuming NOT to pull any fuses and just turn DSC all the way off by holding the DSC button for ten seconds and leave it in S mode?

Since I have the same trans I guess I should use 4th or 5th gear for the true 1:1 ratio? Any tips to prevent up shifts near redline? My XFR always would short shift on its own but not sure about the XE yet. Also not depressing the passing gear switch at the WOT was a help also back then.

My car only has 1k miles on it so far so I'm not sure if it's going to give me all of it yet. But it's worth a try as my tune is on the way.

Lastly how are you getting RPM pick up if. It getting it from the OBDII port as the coil pack is hard to get the clamp onto and not move?

The following users liked this post:
MaximA (11-29-2016)
Old 11-30-2016, 04:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Don't use a rolling road for your dyno work. Use something like a Dynapack that bolts up to all 4 hubs. No wheel spin or nannies to worry about.

Old 04-14-2017, 05:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 338 Likes on 213 Posts

Deleted - sorry, I answered in the wrong thread....

Last edited by Arne; 04-14-2017 at 05:18 PM.