F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Baby On The Way..... Bye Bye F-Type

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 12:29 PM
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Baby On The Way..... Bye Bye F-Type

Hey fellow F-Type brethren.... Haven’t been on the forums much lately for a number of reasons. Mainly been busy with other things. I had proposed to my gf on 8/31/18 during a mini-vacation to Hawaii. We had a wedding date set for 9/7/19. But alas, not everything always goes according to plan. She’s now about 2 months pregnant. We’re most likely not gonna have the wedding anymore (at least postponed). And now it’s time to part ways with my F-Type. She rarely gets driven anymore. I would say on average, twice a month. Currently, she has 15,170 miles as of today. I’m the 1 and only owner. With a baby on the way coupled with the fact that she hardly comes outta the garage these days, it just doesn’t make sense to keep her. Thought I’d give this community first dibs on it..... As u guys can see from my signature, she has quite a bit of mods. It’s gonna be a pain for me to revert her back to stock. So if any members want her, I have all the stock parts still. Message me if you’re interested. Will entertain serious offers only.

Old 01-22-2019, 03:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to see you go! Hopefully you get another F-type in the near future. If prospective buyers want the car reverted back to stock, I would love first dibs at buying the air intakes and valvetronic exhaust

The following users liked this post:
sgvkirbster (01-22-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 03:37 PM
Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Congrats! Although I'm set with my SVR, you may want to post a bunch of pictures to entice everyone.

sgvkirbster (01-22-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 05:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

I think selling your sports car because of kids is irrational decision. Sure, you will drive it less. Sure, you will not drive it with a child seat in the passenger seat (you could, there is airbag disable). However, you, the person that currently enjoying your F-type, will still be the same person after baby arrives. You will just have a lot less time, be more tired and stressed.

Unless it is your only car and you can't afford to get kid-hauler without selling it, unless you really need money... keep it. You will still have plenty of opportunities to drive it. You will still enjoy it as much if not more.

Trust me. I have 1.5 year old and second one on the way. I still find plenty of opportunities to drive my F-type. If anything, you will need "me time" a lot more after kids show up, and driving F-type delivers that well.

Last but not least - friendly advise on parenting. Crying is not the same thing as being in pain. Sometimes babies cry because they are in pain, but absolute majority of times when they are crying they are not in pain. They cry because they are tired, hungry, or need diaper changed. Adult equivalent in such cases is complaining.

Last edited by SinF; 01-22-2019 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Best to post in marketplace on this forum as those that don't f types may want yours! Good luck all around.

Old 01-22-2019, 08:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 22,142 Likes on 8,852 Posts

Here ya go sgvkirbster
Practice as needed..good luck..may your g/f should also try it..

Facebook Post

Old 01-23-2019, 10:25 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by SinF
I think selling your sports car because of kids is irrational decision. Sure, you will drive it less. Sure, you will not drive it with a child seat in the passenger seat (you could, there is airbag disable). However, you, the person that currently enjoying your F-type, will still be the same person after baby arrives. You will just have a lot less time, be more tired and stressed.

Unless it is your only car and you can't afford to get kid-hauler without selling it, unless you really need money... keep it. You will still have plenty of opportunities to drive it. You will still enjoy it as much if not more.

Trust me. I have 1.5 year old and second one on the way. I still find plenty of opportunities to drive my F-type. If anything, you will need "me time" a lot more after kids show up, and driving F-type delivers that well.

Last but not least - friendly advise on parenting. Crying is not the same thing as being in pain. Sometimes babies cry because they are in pain, but absolute majority of times when they are crying they are not in pain. They cry because they are tired, hungry, or need diaper changed. Adult equivalent in such cases is complaining.
I will agree and disagree with you here. With two young kids, I don’t drive for fun on the weekends-I just don’t have the time and would rather spend it with the kids at the beach or sailing. That said, the F-type is my daily 8 months a year to the tune of 10k plus miles a year. I would probably sell it if I started taking the train back into the city as it just wouldn’t get driven. That said, if you have a nanny you may well need a third car for occasional pickups and drop offs. My wife drives my a6 half the time while the nanny drives the q7. I tell her we need the F-type.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 625 Likes on 424 Posts

Best of luck to you and yours!

You know, of course, the F-Type is a much cheaper baby.

(BTW, I bought my e-Type when my wife was pregnant with our 2nd child - and one of them starts up in the morning much more reliably than the other.)

Old 01-23-2019, 11:52 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,512 Likes on 1,140 Posts

The baby will fit in the boot for at least the first year!

BruceTheQuail (01-23-2019)
Old 01-24-2019, 04:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too would like to buy the exhaust if you do decide to part out. Congrats on the child

Old 01-24-2019, 05:32 AM
Received 6,339 Likes on 5,524 Posts

Congratulations on the baby.

Please post an ad in the marketplace section, for sale ads are not permitted in the tech section.