F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back From "Service Clinic" (West Chester Jag)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 02:08 PM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Back From "Service Clinic" (West Chester Jag)

So I just returned from my local Jag dealer who apparently invited recent F-Type owners to attend a "service clinic" to learn more about their cars and answer any questions primarily pertaining to service. This is my first Jag and my first experience with this dealership, so I thought it would be a good way to be introduced to the techs and service manager. I'm **** about my cars, so I like to develop a relationship with the service folks.

Only 3 of us attended the event! I was surprised the event wasn't cancelled and I thanked the guys for volunteering their time on a Saturday. The 2 other guys didn't appear to be interested in learning about what was under the hood and seemed more interested in the free bagels! They just seemed to want the complimentary multi-point inspection more than anything. I honestly thought the event was going to be more like what I have experienced at my local BMW dealership with the local BMWCCA Chapter where they have a master tech comprehensively review the car, but they offered to take me out to the service bay with my car lifted and answer any questions I had.

My first question was related to the jacking point locations under the car. I swap to a winter setup every season and have been anxious about where to place my floor jack. I'm used to the designated area being better defined. As was previously discussed in this thread, the points pictured are safe. https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...-127665/page2/ posts 34/36

Regarding replacing TPMS, the car should have no problem recognizing them so long as they are the same frequency after driving on them for so many miles

Speaking of tires, the tech then pointed out my RR tire and measured 6/32 after only 4392 miles! I know on RWD cars the RR tire takes the brunt of the wear, but I was surprised by the wear on an AWD car (first AWD car). My LR measured 7/32; LF 9/32, and RF 8/32. I guess the right of the car is taking slightly more wear. I haven't looked, but are PZeros directional? Can I swap left to right?

Then I asked the tech about the controversial V8 AWD oil capacity. And sure enough, the tech mentioned 7.25 liters--"engine is the same size AWD or RWD, why would it be less oil." I then pointed out this thread https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...roblem-161889/ and sure enough the tech and service manager checked the computer with my vehicle's specs and 6.5 liters was noted in the system. The tech was surprised and thanked me for pointing that out. Wonder how many are overfilled!

Regarding MY '16+ no charge annual service, we can bring in our cars 1 month early from the month of delivery. So for anyone like me who wants to coordinate their annual service with their State's annual inspection/emissions it's good to know. I want to get both completed at one service rather then making two stops, especially since it's a 2hr r/t.

Although this "event" was not to be a service appt., the tech tried to fix my unclipping rear diffuser, but wasn't having much luck. They will work on it in Jan/Feb when I get my annual service. As a plus, if they are unable fix the diffuser and need to order a new one, the service manager said he could get a matte black one (my car has the body colored white diffuser), without a problem, which I prefer much better. I jokingly asked if they could do the same for the "Boeing 747" airplane size side skirts and front winglets, but he just laughed and agreed that those exterior trim pieces look much better black as they once where earlier in the model years.

I did not get into the C-Pillar noise I experience https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...-noise-169269/ as I drove in Dynamic Sport mode with my music blaring and the windows down on this crisp pre-Fall morning and very much enjoyed the harmony! I'm reluctant to have surgery performed on my interior and will just play it by ear (no pun intended).

Overall, a positive experience. And they gave me a $50 Wawa card for attending the event! I missed ShaunPA by a few minutes as he was finally picking up his repaired F-Type R after being broken into https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...broken-168232/ Apparently, he will still need to bring it back in when the "custom-made" door trim arrives as the service manage was telling me. Hope it all worked out for you Shaun. Get out of Philly! j/k

Old 09-17-2016, 03:03 PM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

The service guys there are the best around.

We would have made it there in time to see you, but we stopped for coffee and stopped by the new house to check the progress ... still no trim and our "closing date" is supposed to be 9/29. We're looking more like 10/29 in a best case scenario. I can't wait to be out of the city!

For the tires ... you would have to unmount and remount them to swap L/R. Just burn them up and get some MPSS to replace them for the spring.

Old 09-17-2016, 03:10 PM
Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by ShaunPA
For the tires ... you would have to unmount and remount them to swap L/R. Just burn them up and get some MPSS to replace them for the spring.
Yeah, I prefer MPSS.
But I thought I saw a Thread of yours on Bridgestones S04. So you never went with the stones?

Old 09-17-2016, 04:41 PM
Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts

I used the S03's previously on my S2000 and 350z... but MPSS is a superior tire. The new Kumho PS91(?) looks interesting at the price point.

Old 09-17-2016, 08:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Don't wait full year for your first oil change

Old 09-17-2016, 10:14 PM
Banned
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Question ....

Originally Posted by SinF
Don't wait full year for your first oil change
Friend, two questions please, what year is your car and how long did you have it when you got the invite to dealer. I'm wondering if this is SOP
( standard operating procedure) for ALL Jaguar dealers .
Thank you

Old 09-20-2016, 09:08 PM
Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Wish I knew about this, would have stopped by to say hi. Nice place. Small off-road course out back if you want to have some fun in a Land Rover.