F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back-Up camera adjust?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 03:30 PM
Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Back-Up camera adjust?

The Backup camera has quite a bit lower point of view than my XE had..understandably so, however, the overall quality and it being less wide angle on the XE made for much better vision of potential hazards.

The manual suggests that there is a soft key that will adjust from wide angle to less wide angle, however I can't seem to find it. Either I'm missing it or perhaps this camera does not have this option. The wide angle is so wide that the end of my short driveway looks faaaaar away. Like having a 17mm lens on a full frame camera.

Any words of wisdom?
CRS

Old 02-07-2017, 08:11 AM
Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

didnt see anything in set up to change camera ..it does take a lot of getting used to...

The following users liked this post:
CRS 123 (02-07-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 11:03 AM
Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by ronniet
didnt see anything in set up to change camera ..it does take a lot of getting used to...
The processor for the video feed is really low end. Looks like a very low bit rate. Very little detail resolution. In contrast... My Honda accord camera of a couple years ago beats the cr*p out of the f type's. It had two zoom in or out settings, black, brightness, and contrast levels, along with color saturation...and VERY clear,...a very helpful feature... all this on a car 1/4 of the price. So...how much does JLR charge for the "vision package" again? Yikes. OK...end of rant :-)
CRS