F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a bad idea (F-Type Wave)?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 05:51 PM
Received 173 Likes on 125 Posts

You have a weak stomach, I think you should see someone about that.

Old 06-23-2016, 05:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

I don't even notice if anyone has waved at me before or not .. I guess I'm not checking out other cars enough to notice.
Lawrence

Old 06-23-2016, 06:00 PM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by AnD3rew
I always give a wave, sometimes it is returned.

I am a long time Land Rover guy too, all defender drivers will wave at each other 50% of Discovery (LR3/4) drivers will wave at each other, Defender drivers ignore Discovery Drivers, the feel it is beneath them.
Funny the older Wrangler CJ and TJ people don't wave to the newer JK owners either.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

Originally Posted by AnD3rew
I always give a wave, sometimes it is returned.

I am a long time Land Rover guy too, all defender drivers will wave at each other 50% of Discovery (LR3/4) drivers will wave at each other, Defender drivers ignore Discovery Drivers, the feel it is beneath them.
The defenders were the last of the LRs with soul. As were the FJ4x & FJ5x series the last of the Land Cruisers with soul. However, if a modern Land Cruiser waves at me in the FJ40, I will certainly wave back with a big smile! (actually if anybody waves at me, I will wave back with a smile, regardless of the gesture they're waving)

Old 06-24-2016, 12:14 AM
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I just drove 3,700 miles in 3 weeks, from Nashville to Austin to San Antonio to Waco back to Austin to Houston to Nashville. I only saw one F-Type. A black vert near Hutto, TX. So, no one to wave at. I saw 3 Ferraris one Sunday outside of Austin, but only the one F-Type.

Old 06-24-2016, 05:46 PM
Received 121 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by LynxFX
Yup they really are everywhere now. They look good though so doesn't bother me too much.

I think I saw you on Lincoln not too long ago. It might have been another lunar grey V6S. I was on my bike so wouldn't have stood out. One of these days we'll pass in our cars.
Pretty sure that was me, I've been running up and down Lincoln a bit the past couple of weeks.

I'm loving all the F-Types around as well, it's nice to see them from the exterior! They do look good on the road, especially surrounded by Camry's.

Old 06-24-2016, 06:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by BierNut
Pretty sure that was me, I've been running up and down Lincoln a bit the past couple of weeks.

I'm loving all the F-Types around as well, it's nice to see them from the exterior! They do look good on the road, especially surrounded by Camry's.

Had a sighting today in the Hunt Valley/Timonium MD area of York Rd. Was picking mine up from service and on my way to my son's work and had a V6 pull along side. We gave the "wave" and he continued on as I turned. Still a rare sighting in these parts but good to see the group growing.

Old 06-25-2016, 01:40 PM
Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Kitesurfer
Funny the older Wrangler CJ and TJ people don't wave to the newer JK owners either.
They do here in Georgia. I'm keeping my JK wave for that vehicle and keeping both hands on the wheel in my F-Type!

Old 06-25-2016, 02:39 PM
Veteran Member

With an MT, I have learned to steer with my knee. How else do you drive, shift, eat a Big Mac and wave all at the same time?

Old 06-25-2016, 04:09 PM
Received 121 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
With an MT, I have learned to steer with my knee. How else do you drive, shift, eat a Big Mac and wave all at the same time?
A true pro would take a selfie and post that to Instagram while driving, shifting, eating a Big Mac, and waving.

At least here in L.A., where I assume this is part of the driving exam now as it appears to be mandatory behavior.

Old 06-25-2016, 06:33 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by BierNut
A true pro would take a selfie and post that to Instagram while driving, shifting, eating a Big Mac, and waving.
l'm not that good yet. lol

Old 06-25-2016, 09:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
l'm not that good yet. lol
Here is how you take care of this situation....take a short video of your own hand waving on your cell phone or iPad....get one of the stow and show mounts and mount it with a sensor that detects other vehicles.....it can wave for you while your eating your Big Mac, and driving with your knees.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:55 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mbourne
Here is how you take care of this situation....take a short video of your own hand waving on your cell phone or iPad....get one of the stow and show mounts and mount it with a sensor that detects other vehicles.....it can wave for you while your eating your Big Mac, and driving with your knees.
Got it. Thanks.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
NO sticker would look good on the back of the F-Type. Needless to say - although I work in Portland and live in Brunswick (in other words, won't be anywhere near you) - if I see you I WILL wave! Unless I'm going too fast to take both hands off the wheel. I'm sure we'll meet at some point soon.
Not one F-Type from southern NH to Kennebunkport and back this weekend. But I hit Wells yesterday for an H20 Session and on the way back was behind a white F-Type R Coupe. I pulled up beside him in my Wrangler and gave the thumbs up. He must of thought I was crazy.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,601 Likes on 861 Posts

Not one F-Type from southern NH to Kennebunkport and back this weekend. But I hit Wells yesterday for an H20 Session and on the way back was behind a white F-Type R Coupe. I pulled up beside him in my Wrangler and gave the thumbs up. He must of thought I was crazy.
I'm assuming (stupid of me, of course) that you surely know your coupe from your convertible since it so happens - and Lobster Runners might find this mildly interesting - I bumped into one of the participants, Judee [of the Lobster Run] yesterday who lives in Kennebunk and has a stunning White F-Type convertible. I know she was out and about and is always very friendly (if also very late). And there's no mistaking her for a guy.

Next time, make the trip further north and let's meet up.

Last edited by RickyJay52; 06-28-2016 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:53 PM

Def a coupe with NH plates and a male driver heading south on 95 just before the bridge. Those white coupe's sure are something to look at.

I'll give you a heads up next time we visit with the F-Type.

Old 06-28-2016, 01:57 PM
Veteran Member

Def a coupe with NH plates and a male driver heading south on 95 just before the bridge. Those white coupe's sure are something to look at.

I'll give you a heads up next time we visit with the F-Type.
I was 100% certain you know the difference - and what/who you saw - only that I found it curious that I should run into the only other F-Type (owner) I know in Maine yesterday on the street.

I also see no reason for you to insult all us other coupe owners other than white! Don't you know that there is no "bad" color in any combination or configuration?! Just kidding for those wound-up too tight around here. (Not directed to you U as we all know you're simply Unhingd...and prone to levity...and a gentleman).

It will be my pleasure meeting you. (DJS has intentions of driving up here and going to the Maine Botanical Gardens. Perhaps we can coordinate a little rendez-vous and Botanical Blast?)

Happy Motoring!
Jay

Last edited by RickyJay52; 06-28-2016 at 02:48 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:23 PM

Let me know the details and if we are not traveling we'll join you (and DJS).

Oh and I'm not easily insulted or offended. Life is too short to let the little things get at me.

Old 06-28-2016, 02:26 PM
Veteran Member

Let me know the details and if we are not traveling we'll join you (and DJS).

Oh and I'm not easily insulted or offended. Life is too short to let the little things get at me.
I'll leave the day/date to DJS - I'll assume he's reading this post - and we'll make a date of it. Life is too short, you got that right!

Old 06-28-2016, 06:18 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
(Not directed to you U as we all know you're simply Unhingd...).
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D4d8PHDG4yE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quick Reply: Is this a bad idea (F-Type Wave)?