F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Badge delete to the extreme

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 09:56 AM
Received 178 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Badge delete to the extreme

I have always liked the idea of debadging a top trim car and it adds an extra layer of mystery for people who's not in the know, even people in the know might have a second guess, was it the v8 or v6, or a 4pot disguised as v8?????

I have already debadged my rear "f type" and "R" badge, I will be in the shop installing VAP stuff and will pull the trigger on deleting the rear spoiler "leaper" and "jaguar" and paint it flush.

Now the front is a different story, there is the "R" and the "jaguar head", and a "crossbar" that I'm not bothered by nor love. I have always loved the amg gt style panamericana grille, so I made a sloppy ps job and swapped them. Can't say I love the result but if done in real life, would confuse a heck lot of people, maybe throw an blue toyota badge up there for extra confusion hahaha.

Old 12-16-2020, 10:07 AM
DJS
Veteran Member
Received 2,148 Likes on 1,438 Posts

How about this for the grill, for those really in the know?

The following 4 users liked this post by DJS:
eeeeek (12-17-2020), JacksonvilleJag (12-17-2020), jaguny (12-16-2020), scm (12-16-2020)
Old 12-16-2020, 10:18 AM

70% sure what it was and 100% sure I had read it before, google search confirmed, that's a brilliant idea!

Old 12-16-2020, 10:24 AM
Received 67 Likes on 39 Posts

People will think it is Maserati GT

I always thought that 100% debadged cars are because people are embarassed what they are, so I love that you want just make a mystery. I would do some custom badge then, CNC mill it, chrome plate it, and just make your own "brand".

Old 12-16-2020, 11:02 AM
Received 224 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by DJS
How about this for the grill, for those really in the know?
Good thing you found this logo - their other one has not aged well.

The following 2 users liked this post by gg2684:
JacksonvilleJag (12-17-2020), Mbourne (12-16-2020)
Old 12-16-2020, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by J444G
People will think it is Maserati GT

I always thought that 100% debadged cars are because people are embarassed what they are, so I love that you want just make a mystery. I would do some custom badge then, CNC mill it, chrome plate it, and just make your own "brand".

Yeah a lot of resemblance to the Maserati, or a over growed single bmw grille.

I’d never debadge a car due to people’s perceived value of the trim/brand, if i don’t like it i simply won’t buy it.

Mostly i just find the car speaks for itself, be it v8, v12 or even w16, no need to tack on an unnecessary badge signifying what it already has plenty of, and distracting the beautiful lines and design of the car.

Old 12-16-2020, 12:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 985 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray Ray
I have always liked the idea of debadging a top trim car and it adds an extra layer of mystery for people who's not in the know, even people in the know might have a second guess, was it the v8 or v6, or a 4pot disguised as v8?????

I have already debadged my rear "f type" and "R" badge, I will be in the shop installing VAP stuff and will pull the trigger on deleting the rear spoiler "leaper" and "jaguar" and paint it flush.

Now the front is a different story, there is the "R" and the "jaguar head", and a "crossbar" that I'm not bothered by nor love. I have always loved the amg gt style panamericana grille, so I made a sloppy ps job and swapped them. Can't say I love the result but if done in real life, would confuse a heck lot of people, maybe throw an blue toyota badge up there for extra confusion hahaha.

On the rear spoiler, I assume you are aware you will need to fill the 2 alignment holes where the Leaper is...Other than that it is smooth.

On the front...I only left the Growler on mine...The Project 7 Grille may be something to try. I put one on mine to lose the bar...Then it still does not look like a Maserati. If your car has parking sensors, you will need to address that too...You can see how it was handled in my pic. Good luck, and enjoy.

Old 12-16-2020, 08:01 PM
Received 198 Likes on 119 Posts

Jaguars are not very common in my area, especially F types but I always feel the need to make whatever vehicles I own unique. It’s not for the other people, it’s solely for me.
Not sure why I have always done something to customize the cars/trucks/boats whatever.
I am sure some of my mods offend the purest group but since they ain’t paying my bills it’s irrelevant.
Each to his own.

The following 3 users liked this post by madmax1911:
FeralSVR (12-17-2020), scm (12-17-2020), Therock88 (12-16-2020)
Old 12-16-2020, 08:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,259 Likes on 2,405 Posts

Originally Posted by Therock88
On the rear spoiler, I assume you are aware you will need to fill the 2 alignment holes where the Leaper is...Other than that it is smooth.

On the front...I only left the Growler on mine...The Project 7 Grille may be something to try. I put one on mine to lose the bar...Then it still does not look like a Maserati. If your car has parking sensors, you will need to address that too...You can see how it was handled in my pic. Good luck, and enjoy.
It's not just two holes, there is a small indent as well which as far as I can tell serves no useful purpose whatsoever.
And those two holes are waaaaay worse than your pic suggests, they really are full blown holes which will take some serious plugging!

Old 12-16-2020, 10:19 PM

Yes im aware of the holes, i will make sure my shop fill them nice and tight.

Im also aware of the p7 grille, it does seem like the most logical route and the pattern matches that of the side intake, but i feel it is not that big of an improvement and I don't mind the mid bar, plus it is a nice place o hang the plate anyways, new york, you know.

If I do decide to change it i'd probably find a way to custom fabricate something, like older jag style mesh grille, don't think it suits the f type personality though.

Old 12-23-2020, 08:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by madmax1911
Jaguars are not very common in my area, especially F types but I always feel the need to make whatever vehicles I own unique. It’s not for the other people, it’s solely for me.
Not sure why I have always done something to customize the cars/trucks/boats whatever.
I am sure some of my mods offend the purest group but since they ain’t paying my bills it’s irrelevant.
Each to his own.
Not many purists on this forum. This isn’t likely to be a collector’s car within our lifetimes and even if it is it might take on the same value paradigm as the Sunbeam Tiger: Most were all customized, so customization doesn’t devalue them.

Old 12-23-2020, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Not many purists on this forum. This isn’t likely to be a collector’s car within our lifetimes and even if it is it might take on the same value paradigm as the Sunbeam Tiger: Most were all customized, so customization doesn’t devalue them.
Your probably exactly right. However I seem to be a closet hypocrite, that is when buying used cars I avoid modded cars and seek out slightly used one owner cars in original condition.
It’s funny how I can never resist turning my cars into something that I would not usually buy myself
I do however always keep any original parts so that the next owner has the option to return the car to its stock configuration.

Old 12-23-2020, 09:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 985 Likes on 565 Posts

Your probably exactly right. However I seem to be a closet hypocrite, that is when buying used cars I avoid modded cars and seek out slightly used one owner cars in original condition.
It’s funny how I can never resist turning my cars into something that I would not usually buy myself
I do however always keep any original parts so that the next owner has the option to return the car to its stock configuration.
Haha...That is so YOU can spend all that cash and extra money at full retail and free labor to get the car where it could/should be, and then let someone else enjoy all those mods at a super steep discount when you sell it (I do the same).

I did that on my last 911 Turbo. I put ~$30,000.00 in upgrades and it maybe added $1500 to the final sale price...But I enjoyed the hell out of it, and did it again, and again.

I feel if anyone is buying a car for value retention, or as an investment...Never take investment advice from them. You ARE GOING TO LOSE MONEY (with very few exceptions). Some buy the cars at full retail... look at them in the garage for years, and then sell them for near what they paid?? To each his own.

I think you have the right idea...Enjoy the car...It is fun, loud, and pretty fast...I am not saving it for the next guy(though I do take excellent care of my cars!). Kind of like not having sex with your smokin' hot wife, so the next guy can enjoy her more, and with your money she takes...

DC

Old 12-23-2020, 09:41 AM

Haha...That is so YOU can spend all that cash and extra money at full retail and free labor to get the car where it could/should be, and then let someone else enjoy all those mods at a super steep discount when you sell it (I do the same).

I did that on my last 911 Turbo. I put ~$30,000.00 in upgrades and it maybe added $1500 to the final sale price...But I enjoyed the hell out of it, and did it again, and again.

I feel if anyone is buying a car for value retention, or as an investment...Never take investment advice from them. You ARE GOING TO LOSE MONEY (with very few exceptions). Some buy the cars at full retail... look at them in the garage for years, and then sell them for near what they paid?? To each his own.

I think you have the right idea...Enjoy the car...It is fun, loud, and pretty fast...I am not saving it for the next guy(though I do take excellent care of my cars!). Kind of like not having sex with your smokin' hot wife, so the next guy can enjoy her more, and with your money she takes...

DC
Sooo true.....on the cars
The wives.....I prefer to lease, so no modding and nothing extra for the next guy ​​​​​​​

The following users liked this post:
Therock88 (12-23-2020)
Old 12-23-2020, 10:30 AM
Received 131 Likes on 91 Posts

Another Debadger...

The following 2 users liked this post by NavyBlue:
madmax1911 (12-23-2020), takeapieandrun (12-24-2020)
Old 12-23-2020, 11:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Sooo true.....on the cars
The wives.....I prefer to lease, so no modding and nothing extra for the next guy
The 3F rule: If it flies, floats or ....., it’s cheaper to lease.

The following 3 users liked this post by Unhingd:
madmax1911 (12-23-2020), scm (12-23-2020), Therock88 (12-23-2020)