F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bagging a F type

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 08:23 AM
Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

Damn, though crowd man, didn't really offer much help I see, Don't see why people are so against bags, sure it's not for a track car but on the street if its tuned properly and setup right it handles just fine and the ability to raise and lower the vehicle at will is an awesome feature to have. Hell I'd do it to mine if other circumstances didn't stop me. Show some love to a soon to be fellow Jag F-typer

Old 12-09-2019, 09:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Unfortunately, early F-types are now sufficiently cheap that ricers and posers can get one and start the process of telegraphing to the world their complete lack of good taste.

The following 2 users liked this post by SinF:
scm (12-09-2019), sov211 (12-09-2019)
Old 12-09-2019, 09:13 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by StormtrooperFtype
Don't see why people are so against bags
We don't want our cars associated with these type of communities, as their negative public perception can reduce the overall goodwill people feel toward Jags/F-types.

Unlike Porsche owners, I don't have to worry about random keying. Unlike Corvette owners, I don't have to worry about any cop assuming I was speeding regardless of what they clocked me at. I don't want this to change.

The following users liked this post:
scm (12-09-2019)
Old 12-09-2019, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by SinF
Unfortunately, early F-types are now sufficiently cheap that ricers and posers can get one and start the process of telegraphing to the world their complete lack of good taste.
Okay some of the most expensive cars are on Air suspension, most new AMG's, Audi's etc. Even the XJ... I don't see how its rice at all, and this hate is way undeserved. Just because someone bags a car doesn't mean that someone is going to go Key your car. sheesh This is not how I expected this forum to respond to a new owner. sheesh guys. It's his car his money, he asked a question respectfully and if you can offer help offer, if not then no point of going out and calling him a ricer when he had one of the nicest Infiniti Q60's in the game before that was far from rice and an F-pace.

STMPY (12-10-2019)
Old 12-09-2019, 10:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 374 Likes on 280 Posts

Okay some of the most expensive cars are on Air suspension, most new AMG's, Audi's etc.
As pointed out by Stohlen, there is a huge difference of having a chassis designed for it from the ground up, verses buying some inexpensive kit and throwing it on a car.

Carbuff2 (12-09-2019)
Old 12-09-2019, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 591 Likes on 407 Posts

As long as a modification like that is reversible, what's the harm?

Old 12-09-2019, 10:28 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Carbuff2
As long as a modification like that is reversible, what's the harm?
It's a public forum. People are going to post their likes and dislikes.

Old 12-09-2019, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mahjik
It's a public forum. People are going to post their likes and dislikes.
I understand that it just I was hoping this forum would be a little more helpful or warming to the guy. Granted I know him outside of the forum so I'm being more defensive probably. But the negative image bags get are really wrong most of the time, people who have had and driven bagged cars can attest to that.

Old 12-09-2019, 11:47 AM
Veteran Member

I understand that it just I was hoping this forum would be a little more helpful or warming to the guy. Granted I know him outside of the forum so I'm being more defensive probably. But the negative image bags get are really wrong most of the time, people who have had and driven bagged cars can attest to that.
There are communities for everything. However, not every individual community is for everything. You will find most "car specific" communities aren't for 'stance' in general. No biggie, their are plenty 'stance communities' around.

Old 12-09-2019, 01:41 PM
Veteran Member

Okay some of the most expensive cars are on Air suspension, most new AMG's, Audi's etc.
Please provide a single example of a stock car that is stanced.

I don't see how its rice at all, and this hate is way undeserved.
Ricing is modifying your car with racing-inspired mods but in a way that detracts from performance. Take stancing for example - race cars are low to the ground, it reduces body roll. They also have a lot of camber at the back to improve cornering grip. Stancing is taking this lowering and cambering to the absurd extreme, but means to achieve this also severely detract from car's performance. So you have racing-inspired look that makes car bad at racing. Hence it is ricing.

Old 12-09-2019, 04:02 PM
Banned
Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

That explains those new headlights.

Martin Wade (03-13-2021)
Old 12-09-2019, 04:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

As pointed out by Stohlen, there is a huge difference of having a chassis designed for it from the ground up, verses buying some inexpensive kit and throwing it on a car.
+2.

Old 12-09-2019, 08:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 591 Likes on 407 Posts

I tried stancing a car I owned once, but I think i did it wrong. Never again...

Old 12-09-2019, 09:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crazy the conflict this has brought lol. Welp can’t wait to make some forum members mad as what’s to come with my f type lol.

STMPY (12-10-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 07:58 AM

Please provide a single example of a stock car that is stanced.

Ricing is modifying your car with racing-inspired mods but in a way that detracts from performance. Take stancing for example - race cars are low to the ground, it reduces body roll. They also have a lot of camber at the back to improve cornering grip. Stancing is taking this lowering and cambering to the absurd extreme, but means to achieve this also severely detract from car's performance. So you have racing-inspired look that makes car bad at racing. Hence it is ricing.

Okay, first bags are not rice. Is extreme camber and stupid low static vehicles rice, sure in my opinion it is but just installed bags and nice wheels is not gonna qualify for the real world def. of rice. The f-type is no track car and will never be one, no point in using it as something is nots, its a great weekend car that looks and sounds great. Plus most modern AMG's and Audi's you can lower via Vag-com with the factory suspension or plug in OBD2 modules for new Mercs to basically slam them. But bags doesn't mean slam either, it means low, and the ability to raise. He isn't trying to lay frame just lower it and be able to adjust it.

Old 12-10-2019, 08:07 AM
Veteran Member

The f-type is no track car and will never be one, no point in using it as something is nots,
Stop talking rubbish. The F-Type is as much of a track car as any "street car". All street cars have their limitations at the track. That's why they are "street cars".

SinF (12-10-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 08:09 AM

Stop talking rubbish. The F-Type is as much of a track car as any "street car". All street cars have their limitations at the track. That's why they are "street cars".

As much as I wish that were true, a new 911, or corvette z06, etc are better track oriented cars. I see where your coming from but at the end of the day very few people track there F-types, I've done it multiple times and its fun but not the best.

Old 12-10-2019, 08:34 AM
Veteran Member

As much as I wish that were true, a new 911, or corvette z06, etc are better track oriented cars. I see where your coming from but at the end of the day very few people track there F-types, I've done it multiple times and its fun but not the best.
Z06's are horrible track cars. They overheat within a few laps and most Z06 owners have to run their heater to trick the system into running the radiator fans at full blast. I always hate when I have to be in a Z06 during the summer. 911's have a tricky balance due to where the engine is locate and require a specific driving style. 90% of the 911 owners never learn or understand how to drive those cars fast. Honestly, a Miata is a better "track car" than either of those. It may not be as fast due to the power differences, but "power" is not the thing that differentiates what a track car is or is not.

I do this as a job and have been in just about every type of car that costs under $250,000. They all have their quirks as street cars are designed for the street. If you ever get in a purpose built track car, you'll see the difference. It's night and day.

Old 12-10-2019, 08:51 AM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,121 Posts

... The f-type is no track car and will never be one, no point in using it as something is nots, its a great weekend car that looks and sounds great.
Er, seems I'm using my V8 as something it's not, weekends are the times I rarely use my daily driver ...

SinF (12-10-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 08:56 AM
Veteran Member

Okay, first bags are not rice. Is extreme camber and stupid low static vehicles rice, sure in my opinion it is.
Glad we agree on something. Yes, bags are not necessary rice. If they are not used to "extreme camber and stupid low" the car is not technically riced. However, we don't have to guess OP's purpose - in post #3 he provided pictures of "extreme camber and stupid low" cars as an example of what he is trying to achieve. Also, you can lower the car, noticeably so, with an aftermarket springs and coil-over setup. More expensive coil-overs are even adjustable. Such setup does not compromise car's handling the way bags would.

Quick Reply: Bagging a F type